Gun leather

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RustyJr
Levergunner 3.0

Gun leather

Post by RustyJr »

Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Triple K brand leather. I'm thinking of getting one of there cartridge belts for my 44. but they list the cartridge loops as fitting 44/45. I was wondering if the loops might be too loose for 44s.

Thanks,
RustyJr.
Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.
Hobie

Re: Gun leather

Post by Hobie »

I don't know about that BUT I'll say the stuff they're making for Ruger (they make Ruger's holsters) are pretty good.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

I had one of their drop loop belts and holster (Cheyenne Model #110 & #114) for my Ruger Vaquero in .44 mag. I thought it was a nice quality rig for the money -- heavy duty leather, form-fitted to the Ruger, nice stitching and color. The 44/45 loops are just fine for the .44 mag/spl. For the money, I think they're one of the best values out there. It's not Kirkpatrick leather, but then again, it's a third of the price. I would buy their stuff again.
Last edited by alnitak on Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

I just got a holster for my Ruger Bearcat from Ruger. It is made by TripleK and is of good quality, both the leather and the construction.
I also have one of their belts. Your .44 Caliber bullets will do just fine in their .44/.45 loops.
ED
Yer never too old
Cliff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Cliff »

I live in Florida, near the coast and the only problem I have with any leather loop cartridge belts is green verdigris(sp?) on the brass cartridge cases. I have found several ways to eliminate this, one is always empty belt at the end of the day, to let it air out, the next was to make strips of parchment paper (used in cooking on cooky sheets) which can be rapped around each cartridge cases, if trimmed right the paper will not show and will sometimes even stay in the loops when cartridges are removed. This eliminates the brass contacting the leather. The last one is a bit more costly, but authentic if you want that is get a "Mills Belt" type fabric cartridge belt, made from heavy canvas material. This eliminates the corrosion problems, but dont' get the types which use leather loops. I cannot remember who has them right off hand, but the name Wolf Ears comes to mind. The canvas types are popular with some reenactors and there are several makers I believe out there, of course some are pricey. They can be made from cotton or canvas firehoses. Anyway good luck. Nothing wrong with the one you mentioned, I do have one for the 12 guage shotgun cartridges, just don't leave it loaded up. ATB
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

I would say go for it! The holster I bought for my MKII is well made and reasonably priced.

ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

Cliff wrote:... the only problem I have with any leather loop cartridge belts is green verdigris(sp?) on the brass cartridge cases. I have found several ways to eliminate this,...
Can't you also use only nickel cases in the loops? Wasn't that the original reason for them in duty belts?
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

You are right. Nickle plated cases won't grunge up in leather loops.
ED
Yer never too old
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

"Verdigris" is the correct spelling. What I want to know is, who makes a belt with more than 24 loops for ammo? Most I see don't have enough for me.
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Depends on caliber and YOUR circumference! Just take it in to a shoe shop with some dummy rounds, then tell 'em whatcha want.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Re: hair straighteners

Post by mikld »

Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Bear 45/70

Post by Bear 45/70 »

When you quote a spam post like that you just make it harder for ther mods to get rid of it. Either ignore it or report it.