Leverguns Benifit auction

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Leverguns Benifit auction

Post by Andrew »

Hey, did anyone else get 1300 emails from the auction board telling you that you won an item? I thought my email client was going wacko for a minute but signed on the hotmail and it said I had 1304 new messages. :shock:

I guess I'll be deleting some emails for awhile. Maybe I could get Hotmail to wave their magic wand and make them go away. :?
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Re: Leverguns Benifit auction

Post by alnitak »

No,...in fact, I thought I won something (last I checked) but received no e-mail. Maybe you have mine in that batch?
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I got 627 from one of the items I listed that ended.
NRA Life Member
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

500-700 on each item I won.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I only received one email on the item I won. :D Sounds like I lucked out.
Old Law Dawg
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

I got 671. I can't get into the auction site, 86er is checking into it.
Ricky

DWWC
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

I got 1585 :shock:
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

RKrodle wrote:I got 671. I can't get into the auction site, 86er is checking into it.
Same here. Over 650.

If you have Comcast cable, that might be why. During the same time, Comcast was having major problems. If you logged on directly with your e-mail setup, the ISP delivered mail. But if you used the Comcast.com gateway and then went to "E-mails" 0 that is, if you tried to access your e-mail through the online gateway, you couldn't retrieve your mail or even get on.

When I called Comcast to tell them of the problem, I received a recorded message that they were aware of a disruption in their service; so I didn't wait on the line to report something that was already apparent to them. Then, I went to the console computer that has a direct cable hookup and the mail was working; but I downloaded the 650+ messages that kept bouncing in at that time.

If you don't have Comcast and had this problem, then the only answers are either a problem with the Leverguns server or its Internet Service Provider or else one of the severe Internet attacks from who-knows-where that are becoming more frequent.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Well, what ever is causing it I just got hit by 349 emails. I don't know what if anything I'm supposed to do with them, but when they finish coming in I'm gonna delete 'em all.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***