Adios Amigos!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
ScottT
Shootist

Adios Amigos!

Post by ScottT »

Time to move on down the line. It has been nice knowing you and I wish you all well in the upcoming year.

If you want to each me in the future, you will have to do so by e-mail.

Best regards,

Scott
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Well Scott, I'm sorry to see you go. I'm sure you have your reasons.

Take care and enjoy all you do.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
canonsix
Levergunner 2.0

Post by canonsix »

I am sorry to see you go,I learned a lot from you and enjoyed the short time I was here with you. Good luck to you. Doug
a armed man is his own master
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

:?:
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

What happened over the last 10 days? I've been off the net being sick and out of town for Christmas. Did someone get a case of Red-*** or what?
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

???
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Scott must have his reason, which is good enough for me.

Take care brother. I have appreciated your insight, wit and wisdom. All the best in the future! I'll miss you posts... :(
Eric M.
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Eric M. »

I'm out of here also Scott.
Too many personal attacks, and too many arguments around here for me.

Eric
ElyBoy
God Bless Our Troops!!!
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

Eric M. wrote:I'm out of here also Scott.

Eric
ElyBoy
I have noticed that too. I don't know what the deal is though, used to be a little more friendly with your normal banter among friends. Maybe it's the stress of the Thanksgiving/Christmas season.
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

It sure has gotten negative. Someone will post a OT topic and everyone will jump in on why they hate something too. People complaining about movie stars on a gun board, what's the point? Maybe it's time to do an OT section so everyone who wants to complain about something can post there, and everyone who wants to post and learn about lever guns can post on the main forum?
Scott, thanks for the knowledge I gained from you and have a great 2008.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I hadn't thought about that. I'm one of the guys who tends to post on a wide variety of topics, leverguns, guns in general, firearms rights, politics, family, humor, etc. I've also not been shy about throwing my two cents around. If my opinions or "OT" posts are driving away the regulars, it's time to vote me off the island (no, I've never see that show, but I understand the reference). I should go long before a lot of others here - first and foremost ScottT...
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mich Hunter »

There has been less gun discussions and a lot more political threads. Maybe we can blame it on election year???? I have been "attacked" on a few occasions, but take it with a grain of salt. I have had many differances of opinion, but it happens.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Sorry to see this Scott. I've enjoyed your posts.

Vaya con Dios!

Gotta agree with the others about the negativity. There's been some pretty rude stuff out there lately.
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

Ysabel Kid wrote:I hadn't thought about that. I'm one of the guys who tends to post on a wide variety of topics, leverguns, guns in general, firearms rights, politics, family, humor, etc. I've also not been shy about throwing my two cents around. If my opinions or "OT" posts are driving away the regulars, it's time to vote me off the island (no, I've never see that show, but I understand the reference). I should go long before a lot of others here - first and foremost ScottT...
Not a problem with your stuff at all. I value your opinion and most of the others on the board. I usually live by the motto "If you can't say something nice, don't say it at all". There is the 1% of the time that I can't keep my mouth shut. It is usually something that I feel very strongly about.
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

I'm out of here also Scott.
Please note: this is not a personal attack.

I don't read every post here - I'm not interested in every topic, and I'm not interested in the opinion of certain individuals who occasionally drop in. Those folk don't seem to last long anyway. So all I can say is be selective about what you participate in, and if things warm up, chalk up ignorance as ignorance if it comes your way.

The closest thing I've seen here to a "personal attack" was a thread on immigration. People get sensitive, and start throwing rocks.
I say, so what! If someone acts like a jerk, guys here will let 'em know but quick, either directly or by ignoring them.

The quality of the participants and management here is head and shoulders above any other forum I've visited. No group is perfect, no person is perfect, and for the sake of our brotherhood, our values, and all of the good that comes through here I'll put up with occasional ignorance.

Sorry to see you go. I hope you reconsider.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Sorry to see you go, was looking forward to the challenge!!

Please stay YK always enjoy your posts.

I enjoy it here but am selective about what I read :!: :!:
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

I am sorry to see you go.

Post by rjohns94 »

I really enjoy your wisdom and posts. I wish you well and I hope to see you on the shiloh forum.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

Sorry to see you go Scott. You have a lot of wisdom that we will miss. May your days be many and joyful! :cry:

Sincerely,
bogie
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Gents,

Scott has gone away before. He has even changed his handle, too. I cannot see him staying away for long. Scott T has not told any of us why he is going, so we do not know the reason for his departure. He has done likewise in the past.

I do not see any reason to get upset over some of the truly in-depth discussions on matters that may well affect us all. Unfortunately, guns & politics go together. Some people never make the connection, so the attempt to drive home a point can appear like a personal attack .

Shawn
Last edited by Hagler on Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

I come here for gun info . I don't read to many off topic post , unless the heading interest me. Too be honest I really don't have that much time to surf . I check in , look for things of interest and check out. Sorry to see you go Scott you have a lot to contribute.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Good huntin', Scott.........
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Adios Amigos!

Post by cubrock »

ScottT wrote:Time to move on down the line. It has been nice knowing you and I wish you all well in the upcoming year.

Best regards,

Scott

Vaya con Dios, hermano.
.........THE TWINS..........

LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

Fair Thee Well...to the both of you.

LeverBob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Good Luck. I do not know Scott but wish him well. I do not know many forum members for that matter but I have been blessed to meet a few. Those I have had the good fortune to get to know have been genuinely nice, sincere people. I hope to get know more of you in the future. Best Wishes to you all. 1886.
coyote nose
Levergunner 2.0

Post by coyote nose »

So long, but I do hope you reconsider.
If anybody ever finds a forum where everybody agrees with everybody else , please post a link here so we all can check it out.
Ysabel, and other OT posters, a lot of us consider this forum kind of like sittin by the campfire and BS'ing. Last time I did that with a bunch of shooters we talked about guns, hunting, cars, work, medical bills, knives, casting, hunting, reloading, the weather......just like this forum. I love it the way it is, still....different strokes for different folks.
"...for there is a cloud on my horizon...and its name is progress." E. Abbey, 1958
engravertom
Levergunner 2.0

Post by engravertom »

Scott,

You have been an inspiration for good.

Ysabel, if you go, I should go too!

I think the maturity and restraint around here are a good bit above average, for the net, or anywhere!

I've seen a lot of self policing, and that is rare, but a very good thing.

I hope he comes back. I don't think I'll ever afford a Shiloh, so i can't really participate over there!

Take care,

Tom
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Rexster »

ScottT, I will miss your posts. Take good care, happy hunting, and Happy New Year!
Have Colts, will travel.

The avatar is the menuki of my Rob Douglas Wakisashi.
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

"Maybe it's time to do an OT section so everyone who wants to complain about something can post there"

yep!
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Scott, I've really enjoyed all your posts to do with shooting your Shilo. Whatever it is that you're up to, may 2008 be a very good year for you and yours.
ScottT
Shootist

Post by ScottT »

I got an e-mail stating that I needed to explain this.

Nothing to explain. I'm not mad at anybody, nothing is going on. Just need a break is all. Go on and have fun guys, nothing bad happened to me and I have not noticed anything that makes me want to go.
azoil
Levergunner 2.0

Post by azoil »

Good luck Scott. Sorry to see you go. Best wishes to you and yours. :wink:
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Take care Scott. I will miss your posts.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: Adios Amigos!

Post by Old Ironsights »

ScottT wrote:Time to move on down the line. It has been nice knowing you and I wish you all well in the upcoming year.

Best regards,

Scott
Sorry to see it. Both you and Eric.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Savage99
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Savage99 »

I've done the same thing before....nothing wrong with turning off the computer and living a real life..
Robert....

Chance favors the prepared mind....
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

It's sad to see anyone you consider a friend leave. A lot of the OT stuff here is questions asked because we are friends and value each other's opinion. Paco has said before that he didn't want to break down the forum into different sections. Personally I don't think it would be good either. It's what gives this board a sense of of family.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

Well Heck! I hate to see you go ScottT. Your posts and the pics involving Big Nose Kate were the main thing that got me off my duff and finally buying the Sharps I'd wanted for years. Happy Trails.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Rusty wrote:It's sad to see anyone you consider a friend leave. A lot of the OT stuff here is questions asked because we are friends and value each other's opinion. Paco has said before that he didn't want to break down the forum into different sections. Personally I don't think it would be good either. It's what gives this board a sense of of family.

Rusty <><
Also, highly specialized forums die. If we were to cut out all the "Non-levergun" stuff here we'd end up with a dry, dull 1000 posts or so. Well, not completely dry and dull - but the sense of community would be much weaker.

I've seen the other forums where you've got a list kind of like the one following. Imagine what life on this forum would be like if we were to specialize the categories:

Winchester Model 1866
Winchester Model 1872
Winchester Model 1892
Winchester Model 1894
Winchester Model 1895
Winchester Model 9422

Marlin Model 39
Marlin Model 1893
Marlin Model 1894
Marlin Model 36
Marlin Model 336
Marlin Model 444

Savage Model 1899
Savage Model 99

etc, etc, etc....

Yes, sorting through the OT can take some effort, but this site is as much about relationships as it is about leverguns. And that is what keeps most of us around, it's fun to hang out with like minded folks. And when our minds are not alike, well that's when the fun starts. And I've noticed that folks tend to give as good as they receive - on both sides of the "political aisle". It WOULD behoove us all to double check before we post. "Speaking" in haste can mean saying things that were best left unsaid or better said in different ways. Personal attacks do not win over anyone.

And although ScottT left, we've had quite a few new members join today. Just like life, one friend leaves town and you meet a new one 'round the corner - and no telling when the old friend will drop in to say "Howdy!" or might even move back...
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

AmBraCol wrote: ...Also, highly specialized forums die. If we were to cut out all the "Non-levergun" stuff here we'd end up with a dry, dull 1000 posts or so. Well, not completely dry and dull - but the sense of community would be much weaker.

I've seen the other forums where you've got a list kind of like the one following. Imagine what life on this forum would be like if we were to specialize the categories:

Winchester Model 1866
Winchester Model 1872
Winchester Model 1892
Winchester Model 1894
Winchester Model 1895
Winchester Model 9422

Marlin Model 39
Marlin Model 1893
Marlin Model 1894
Marlin Model 36
Marlin Model 336
Marlin Model 444

Savage Model 1899
Savage Model 99

etc, etc, etc....
You are SO right. I am an occasional poster on some of those boards, and have let memberships lapse on the others... mainly because there are only so many ways/times you can argue about sprues, patch thickness, BP granulation, Leather vs Lead on flint wrapping, etc.

Really, with no OT, there's very little Conversation. Each "Thread" would consist of a question and and 2 or 3 answers.

Now, there ARE some good reasons to avoid non-RKBA Politics - especially Theopolitics - but without RKBA and discussions about the Politics necessary to defeat those who would regulate us into near complete disarmament (not even the poor Soviet Proles were "completely" disarmed...) we, as shooters, will have a poorer time of facilitating that protection.

We certainly can't leave it to the "Professionals". :roll:

Anyway, You GO AmBraCol! Preach it!
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

What about the challenge?! Oh well, hope you have a good one... :D
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
otteray
Levergunner 2.0

Post by otteray »

I'm gonna miss those Big Nose Kate pics.
Best to ya, Scott.
otteray
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

:arrow:
Last edited by Idahoser on Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

otteray wrote:I'm gonna miss those Big Nose Kate pics.
Best to ya, Scott.
Likewise. Take care, and feel free to drop back by; I, among several, will relish your input.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
model55
Levergunner 3.0

scott T

Post by model55 »

It is a shame to see you go-you are one of the many positive people who post here and contribute so much to the rest of us-hope you change your mind.
SJPrice
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SJPrice »

The beginning of the end on so many boards in the past. I sure hope this one moves past this kind of stuff. Leverguns is one of the best places I have found to relax and read about levers and using them.
Always Drink Upstream From The Herd
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Fellas, re-read Scott's 2nd post(pg. 2?). I too need to hit my knees, woods and range much more often, rather than surf, though that becomes impossible for me at times with these little ones crawling around :roll: .
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

ScottT,

See ya round, we'll still be here when your of a mind to swing by.
Least I will. :D
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Sounds just fine to me Scott. Nothing wrong with a break, and nobody should try to read something into it. Adios!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
ScottT
Shootist

Post by ScottT »

Boys, I have been living and breathing this stuff for a while and I posted some photos that give you an idea of what I have been up to. I need a little break. Look at the photos and you will see why.

I'll be back, but if somebody posted a question or something, I did not want them thinking I was ignoring them or being rude. Just need a recharge.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Enjoy the vacation, see you when you get back!
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Well Scott its not the first time you have taken a vacation from us and I hope it wont be the last. Happy hunting dont stay gone to long.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis