FYI Jan. 2008 Guns & Ammo

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GANJIRO

FYI Jan. 2008 Guns & Ammo

Post by GANJIRO »

Just picked up the January 2008 issue, has great articles on Martini Henry, 358 Winchester, and hunting with 45/70 using wide meplat bullets, not usually a fan of this gun rag but this issue not bad at all.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Ji- Yea, I will agree with 'ya on "Guns and Ammo" but with your recommendation, I'll pick one up, as I do like reading anything on the 45-70.

For some reason, Guns and Ammo, along with Shooting Times has become boring and repetitive. Maybe its because we are learning more and most of what they print is "old hat".------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Thanks for the heads up, will see if I can find one here. :) :)
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Jimbo
Levergunner

Post by Jimbo »

Guns and Ammo was boring and repetative 20 years ago, and they haven't changed much since. Once in a great while they come up with a good issue, but Often times its just a bunch of recycled articles that were done decades ago by writers who knew what they were doing!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

In my stack to read - thanks for the head's up Ji! :D
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Boring

Post by LeverBob »

I gave up on G&A and the other rags 20 yrs. ago. Every winter the same thing. The 45 Auto or you need to dump your levergun for a real gun or some other boring remake from yrs. ago.

The only fresh stuff IMHO comes from Handloader & Rifle Magazines.

Just an opinion boys...as you get older you get more cranky with every year. Besides, I like most of the brothers & sisters on this forum have read the same stuff in the 60s & 70s.

No offense...

LeverBob
Jimbo
Levergunner

Post by Jimbo »

Now I can make myself feel stupid for doing it, but I looked over the January 08 G&A and actually bought it. I lied above, but that still doens't make me want to subscribe to it! :oops: