Gave myself a Present today...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
airedaleman
Levergunner 3.0

Gave myself a Present today...

Post by airedaleman »

Bought myself a Plain Jane Henry .22 lever action today. Needed a .22 repeater (I don't like the 10/22 I bought my father
for Christmas 1965 - he never liked it either!) that would handle shorts, longs and long rifles and the Henry I could afford.
Pretty neat little rifle with wood showing some figure. Slick as mucus, and it feeds shorts and long rifles perfectly (don't have any longs to try). Some complain about the sights, but the Patridge-style sight picture seems to work for my ancient eyes. Now all I have to do now is convince Red that it's okay to shoot CB caps in the back yard. My practice chicken from my
rimfire IHMSA days is all set up out there. We'll see...
Riamh Nar Dhruid O Spairn Lann
- motto on the Irish Regiments' flags
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Re: Gave myself a Present today...

Post by salvo »

Congrats! Lever action .22's are hard to beat. Buy some Aguila Super Colibri, I shoot my .22 IHMSA steel in the back yard all the time.
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Good for you. I haven't even had a chance to shoot mine yet with my foot all ablaze. Hope you have better luck getting to the range.
Old Law Dawg
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Congratulations, I could never take to the 10/22 either.
I use CB longs in the back yard for plinkin' and taking out the occasional Rabbit.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
major
Levergunner 2.0

Post by major »

Congrats!!! :D
I just put a Henry lever 22 on layaway myself with a 20inch Octogon barrel. I was very impressed with how smooth the action cycles on the Henry....can't wait to get it home to see if it shoots well.....
Major

*If guns were your children how hard would you fight to protect and keep them*
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

I spotted a Henry .22 not long ago while in Wally World while shopping for groceries to stock the Kenworth. Walked out with it... and a new Marlin .30-30 and a .44 Rem Mag lever!
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Yep - them 10/22's are junk - I have one I'm stuck with though, so if you want to send me yours I can probably part it out. I'll cover postage... :wink: :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

DBW wrote:I spotted a Henry .22 not long ago while in Wally World while shopping for groceries to stock the Kenworth. Walked out with it... and a new Marlin .30-30 and a .44 Rem Mag lever!
Next time you want to go grocery shopping, mebbe I should tag along just to keep you out of trouble! :wink:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Sounds great Mike! Glad you treated yourself to a new toy!-Vall
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

I'm in the Henry club too. I live on a small acreage, but its still too close to humanity to uncork a centerfire rifle --- but nobody has said a word about my .22 shootin --- sometimes 200 rounds at a time. The .22 Shorts work and shoot to the same point of aim as the LR's out to 25 yards or so. Sounds like the proverbial "pellet gun" -- but the LR's aint bad out of the long barrel either
----- Doug
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

AJMD429 wrote:
DBW wrote:I spotted a Henry .22 not long ago while in Wally World while shopping for groceries to stock the Kenworth. Walked out with it... and a new Marlin .30-30 and a .44 Rem Mag lever!
Next time you want to go grocery shopping, mebbe I should tag along just to keep you out of trouble! :wink:
Maybe. Groceries cost me about $75. Firearms $1168. :lol:

Strange how my wife (who reads my blog regularly where I mentioned my purchases for the purpose of full disclosure) hasn't yet questioned me about the fact that I've spent $2600 in two months on firearms. :?
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Congrats! These are great little guns - though I also love my 10/22! Still, the ability to handle anything from CB caps to .22 LR does give the little lever a great advantage!!! :D