OT- Here comes Big Brother!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

OT- Here comes Big Brother!

Post by Old Time Hunter »

How long before you think that this will be used to inhibit our ability to procure guns?

FBI prepares vast database of biometrics
$1 billion project to include images of irises and faces

Link:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22366208/
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

It could be used by them if FFL's took your snapshot, like at the DMV, and sent it electronically during the background check. If the rest of your info is ok, the iris/face profile should cause no additional problems.
Jayhawker
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Jayhawker »

It's not the system that's inherently bad, only it's potential to be misused by those in authority.
Well done is better than well said.
DDude
Levergunner 1.0

Re: OT- Here comes Big Brother!

Post by DDude »

Old Time Hunter wrote:How long before you think that this will be used to inhibit our ability to procure guns?

FBI prepares vast database of biometrics
$1 billion project to include images of irises and faces

Link:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22366208/
Another step closer to losing freedom. Big government growing bigger, founding fathers spinning in their graves with disbelief that the great work they shed blood (approximately 25,000 died serving in the Continental Army for Independence), sweat and tears for was all in vain.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

I had to submit to digital fingerprinting and digital face imaging when I applied for my CCW. If they want me, they got me.
DDude
Levergunner 1.0

Post by DDude »

jdad wrote:I had to submit to digital fingerprinting and digital face imaging when I applied for my CCW. If they want me, they got me.
When I went for my CCW it was done with ink. Took two attempts at the Oklahoma County sheriff's office before the OSBI had me come to their office. A few days later I returned for a second attempt. Apparently my whorls don't like to cooperate with government types. :lol:

I'm sure that rectal probing is being developed in some lab somewhere in this country.

Anyways, it's all tiresome .gov BS that the Founders didn't find too appealling either. I'm so glad that I'm leaving no children behind when I check out.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Jayhawker wrote:It's not the system that's inherently bad, only it's potential to be misused by those in authority.
That's pretty much the way with all systems. And the more technological the system the more potential for abuse.
DDude wrote:Anyways, it's all tiresome .gov BS that the Founders didn't find too appealling either. I'm so glad that I'm leaving no children behind when I check out.
As much as I wanted children when I was younger I find myself thinking this way more and more.

It's really sad when you come to think of it.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Biometrics + NICS expanded to include innocent people =

The US version of a Tattooed Judenstern.

Sig Heil.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
JollyWhiteGiant
Levergunner

Post by JollyWhiteGiant »

FBI got everything about me when I had to renew my hazmat permit. Never gave any prints, or photo for my CCW.
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

homefront wrote:It could be used by them if FFL's took your snapshot, like at the DMV, and sent it electronically during the background check. If the rest of your info is ok, the iris/face profile should cause no additional problems.
homefront,

I sure hope that your statement is just poorly worded. No matter what checks out, or what doesn't check, these "databases" are NOT a good idea. As has been pointed out elsewhere, this sort of thing is an invitation to trample all over our rights.

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
DDude
Levergunner 1.0

Post by DDude »

Governments love lists. Keeps things nice and tidy for future use.

Papers please...
FALPhil
Levergunner 1.0

Re: OT- Here comes Big Brother!

Post by FALPhil »

Old Time Hunter wrote:How long before you think that this will be used to inhibit our ability to procure guns?
My guess is that it will occur immediately after the Democrats take over both houses of congress and the White House.

They outlawed the selling of incandescent light bulbs this week. That's classic fascism of the highest order.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

DDude wrote:Governments love lists. Keeps things nice and tidy for future use.

Papers please...
:( After your military service, you're locked in....rumor has it they have DNA samples of all who served, as well. I figger they know who, what and where. All I need do is watch me azz and decide what to do when they show up......
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Jayhawker wrote:It's not the system that's inherently bad, only it's potential to be misused by those in authority.
Everything the government does is intended to be "misused" by those in authority.

All you have to do is wait long enough.

:?
kasTX
Levergunner 1.0

Post by kasTX »

And with that story in mind, take a look at this one:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/23/washi ... 6T4BK6XIzg

And it only took 57 years for this to come to light.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

BlaineG wrote:
DDude wrote:Governments love lists. Keeps things nice and tidy for future use.

Papers please...
:( After your military service, you're locked in....rumor has it they have DNA samples of all who served, as well. I figger they know who, what and where. All I need do is watch me azz and decide what to do when they show up......
I'm an ex WMD tech. They know where I am regardless. I'm resigned to that.

OTOH, by my MMPI and other tests they know that I am more than serious about my Oath. Deadly Serious.

After this last Government escapade at shredding the Constitution and doing what we fought WWII to stop, I'm expecting a boot in the door any day.

I _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

No person or Authority can deny the Constitution. Period. The Oath is additive. I am no longer under the Authority of the UCMJ or the President - but that does NOT relieve me of my Duty to the Constitution.

Bring it on.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!