OT- Whew, thought I was gonna get bored..

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

OT- Whew, thought I was gonna get bored..

Post by Andrew »

...this weekend cause it's cold outside and not much to do. Or is there.... :?:

We started to notice some water on the floor after showers awhile back, but it only happened once in awhile. My wife swore up and down it was coming from the curtain onto the floor. Well, I figured out it was coming from the wall when the drywall started to crumble away, that's when I knew it was a leak from the shower faucet. I got around to tackling it right before we left for turkey vacation last week and found the leak which was probably coming from the spot that had the rubber hose wrapped around it with hose clamps. :x Kind of gives me the impression that it had had a problem before, got "fixed", and then was "forgotten" about when they sold the place. Anyhoo, I got the rest of the wall off today and found the crawl space door I didn't know I had. Looks like a complete overhaul of the bathroom from the floor(literally) up. It really looks like it leaked alot before it was "fixed" and who knows how much afterward.

Ya'll can pray for my patience and my check book. :?

P.S.: this was a rent-house before I bought it, so the guy I bought it from(landlord) should have had knowledge of any/all repairs done. I want to punch him.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT- Whew, thought I was gonna get bored..

Post by 3leggedturtle »

well you should be able to finaggle a new lever out of the deal, after sacrificing your days off and making it as good as new:)
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Bummer!

I though I had it bad this weekend. Got to tear out carpet on the second floor and put down the laminate I bought.
Gotta make up for taking a week off to go hunting and not calling home for 4 days. :shock: I was the snow! Honest! :D

Have fun. Hope it's not too extensive! ( Expensive)

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
papabear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by papabear »

Your not alone i went thought the same thing except my wife stepped between the tube and toilet to clean and her foot went though the floor OVER HALL all new fixers redoing floor boards and new cement board then tile fun fun fun NOT
PARENTS DON'T TAKE PICTURES OF THEIR KIDS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES
====================================================================
For Those Who Understand No Explanation Is Needed
For Those Who Don't None Will Do
====================================================================
Member Of The N.R.A.-North American Hunting club-Syosset Gun Club
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Gun Smith »

As a builder I loved unlicensed "remodelers" and "handymen". They turned $100.00 repairs into future $5000.00 projects for me. I know what you are going through as bathrooms are the worst places to work.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I just LOVE plumbing.

When my son was about five, I was upstairs [attempting] to fix the washing machine. Wife gets home, and I can hear them talking; "Where's Daddy?" "He's upstairs, fixing the washing machine."

"Why?" (she didn't know of the leak and malfunction, but he interpreted it as 'why do you think that's what he's doing?')

"Because I hear him using his 'plumbing words'..." :lol: :oops:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Oh, that does not look good!

Good luck Andrew!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Ah man! That really sucks. :cry: Its one of those times when life gets a "bump' in the road. We have all been there. I got that feeling last year when the old John Deere's twin cylinder engine threw a rod. It was 2 g's with ME doing the work.---------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

Yep, I've been puttin' off two bathroom rebuilds longer that I should. Not currently leaking, but the damage is still there.

It's the price one pays for having a house with "character".
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Now that would make me physicaly ill but the J Deere throwing a rod I could deal with.
Say how did that tractor throw a rod?

Sorry Andrew and good luck.

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Nath wrote:Now that would make me physicaly ill but the J Deere throwing a rod I could deal with.
Say how did that tractor throw a rod?

Nath.
Nath, Thats what we call it when the piston rod (the long piece of metal that connects the piston to the crankshaft) decides not to hold on to the piston anymore. It can wind up anywhere from being sloppy and banging around to actually driving through the side of the block. Mine was in-between, as the wrist pin broke and the piston was slapping around so bad, it made the cylinder "grow" about another half inch wider.

Its a cast iron block. A new stripped block goes for 15, then add the rest. ----------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Sixgun yeah but what I meant was how did it happen? Did it starve of oil or oil pump pack up? Overheat or was you just thrashing it?

Nath.

Good luck Andrew :(
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
steveb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by steveb »

AJMD429 wrote:I just LOVE plumbing. :oops:

I think this thread is really going down the drain :lol: :lol: :lol:

Me and the wife have tried to instill in our kids not to be flushing stuff down the toilet that does not need to be flushed down a toilet. We just got done swapping out the third (yes, the third) toilet in six years. This time around the teenage daughter was the culprit. I'm not happy to say the least. I tried snaking it (like the others before it) but it was still clogged.... We got us a real man kind of toilet now. I belive you could flush a half bucket of dirt down this one if it was pressed into that kind of service. Hopefully the plumbing issues are no more...Told you this thread was going down the drain. :lol: :lol: :lol:
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

"Because I hear him using his 'plumbing words'..."

Oh, I LIKE that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

My 12-year-old doesn't swear - which is amazing considering the mouth I have on me
when projects are not going well. My 3-year-old might be a different story.........

Good luck on yer remodel. Man, there's a whole bucket (9-yard variety!) of
swear words sittin' there..............

-Stretch