MN and IA gunshows

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

MN and IA gunshows

Post by 3leggedturtle »

This weekend there is gunshows in Faribault, MN and Macgregor,IA. Does anyone go to these shows? If so, are they worth drivin 75-100 miles to see?
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Hairy Clipper
Levergunner 1.0

Re: MN and IA gunshows

Post by Hairy Clipper »

I almost always go to the show in Faribault! Granted, it is only about 30 minutes or so from home, but, usually well attended with a good selection of gun and related items. It tends to be fairly even as to weapon type available. Although some years it seems to be more military stuff. But, you didn't ask about the food. Well, the Wells Minnesota show has the absolute best food! But, this one is good, too, or at least has been in the past. One of the reasons I go to gun shows is to add a couple of bucks to the host club for their yearly expenses even if I don't shoot at their range or use other facilities they have. I figure we all have to chip in or they will continue to zone us out of existance. I have not been to the Iowa show.

Hairy
This ain't Dodge City and you ain't Bill Hickok!-Mathew Quigley
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Re: MN and IA gunshows

Post by BenT »

I stopped going to MN shows , too many shotguns. I go to all the local shows within an hour drive to give the promoters money. Both gun show promoters around me are trying to sell/ get out of it.