POLITICS - New Jersey Pending Gun Legislation

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
blr007
Levergunner

POLITICS - New Jersey Pending Gun Legislation

Post by blr007 »

Are there any New Jersey residents out there opposed to S2470, S2934, and S2431?

These are three bills that according to the NRA E-mail updates just passed through the Public Safety and Veterans' Affairs Committee. They are scheduled to go to the Senate floor to be voted on.

According to the NRA Email, S2470 involves criminalizing the transfer of ammunition to anyone who does not have a "valid New Jersey firearms ID card, handgun carry or purchase permit, or hunting license."

S2934 involves make "honest gun owners responsible for the acts of criminals if they fail to 'immediately' report the theft or loss of a firearm that is later used in a crime."

S2431, "Among other things, would criminalize and severely punish the mere possession of certain firearms, including registered handguns, even while engaged in lawful activities."

Your thoughts on these bills?
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ridiculous like the politicians of New Jersey. But remember any law that makes it harder on gun owners is a good law to liberals.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

cutter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cutter »

All right gentlement, get out your pens...

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us

Let these people know how you feel.
blr007
Levergunner

Post by blr007 »

Cutter, thanks for the legislative schedule. I encourage all folks out there to stay abreast of their states' pending firearm legislation and remain vocal with their districts' representatives.

If we wish to continue to have gun rights, we must all personally show the politicians that we are opposed to anti-firearm legislation.

The liberals are constantly making themselves vocal about their issues, and they get all the positive press for it. Conservatives need to be vocal about their issues in a respectful and intelligent manner as well. This is why the Pennsylvania "One gun a month" legislation proposed in Harrisburg failed--because the bill's opponents came out in numbers and let their representatives know how they felt.

I hear lots of folks say they moved away from New Jersey because of its liberal anti-gun laws. I respect this decision; however, for those conservative folks who actually love this country and are proud to be Americans and who wish to continue to reside in New Jersey, we must continue to be vocal about our beliefs. We can't be intimidated by the scare tactics of the firearm-ignorant liberals who don't believe in the second amendment. The legislators need to know there are still a large number of voting pro-firearm NJ residents.
Ysabel Kid

Re: POLITICS - New Jersey Pending Gun Legislation

Post by Ysabel Kid »

blr007 wrote: Your thoughts on these bills?
My thoughts? Glad I don't live in New Jersey!

Good luck fellows! You are always welcome down here in SC (any gun owner is, except the rich, for-show anti-gun liberals who pretend to hunt around election time :evil: )!
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

I'm a ex-Jerseyan myself, and I think NJ voters are gonna get what they asked for by voting Corzine into office.
Jersey is so far gone in so many ways it's hard for me to imagine going back :cry: . It was a great place to grow up - I still fish there with my best pal blr007 :D .
I learned to hunt, trap and fish in NJ, and there are still many beautiful natural places to go, if you know where to look (hint: stay far away from N/E NJ!!).
I guess I'll remain a Pennsyltuckian :P ! But we all should pay attention and encourage our fellow Levergunners to fight, as blr007 has tried to do here. :twisted:
Way to go, Ben!