OT: For the EBR buyers

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AmBraCol
Webservant

OT: For the EBR buyers

Post by AmBraCol »

Here's a link to Brownell's AR-15 "What's Hot and in Stock" page...

It may contain stuff of interest to those who're picking up an AR "while they can".

http://archives.subscribermail.com/msg/ ... 95fe78.htm
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: OT: For the EBR buyers

Post by Sixgun »

Paul,
I am amazed at the hype concerning AR's. My buddy Tom has the largest selection of EBR on the East Coast and he made a MAJOR KILLING over the weekend. I can't say how much here, but it was between 50K and 100K on SATURDAY alone.

He told me Obama has been the cause of the best season he has ever had. Everythings moving--All brands of AR's, MI-A's, M-1 carbines and Garands, short shotguns, Thompsons, FN's. He will not stock SKS's or AK's unless they come in used as "he likes to run a high class operation. Neither will he stock "ghetto specials" such as Lorcins, Davis's and other junk.

We sat in his office on Sunday and laughed at the hype. After all, Obama will not take office until Jan. 20 and when he does, he is going to have a lot more on his hands than worry about a legal product that is well entwined into our culture. In the meantime, Colt, Bushmaster, Rock River, Les bear, Mitchell Machine Works, Remington, S&W, and others are running those babies out 24-7 :D :D -------------------------------Sixgun

Oh, by the way, this was a full pallet of .223 last week.---Its gone now and has since been replaced by another pallet.
Image,

These, along with the rest of the rack that is another 20 feet long were gone over the weekend.
Last edited by Sixgun on Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Yeah, I know. I see no need for one myself. Can't afford to play with it. :) And for serious use a 12 gauge or one of my deer rifles will do well enough. But I posted the link for those who DO believe they need a Mattel rifle. :D There's plenty of doodads to satisfy even the most inveterate tinkerer there at Brownell's. :shock:
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

I panicked back in the Summer of '94. I'm too old to panic now ... but it's kind of interesting to watch. I've got a Colt 6700 from back then that I still haven't fired. I'll get around to it someday I guess.

Wow, $95 per 200rnds. On the upside, the cost of copper is about 1/2 what is was a year ago. Maybe we'll see some ammo relief later after the panic subsides.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

We should all sit back and relax. :roll: Let Obama do his job, he's a nice guy. :mrgreen:
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I sold mine in '94 and haven't bought another although I've played with the idea. :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Hobie, don't worry about not gettin one. 2 weeks they be overstocked and cheaper. Tust me, I'm connected. :mrgreen:
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

I'd like to make a counterpoint to the "hype". President BO and the Democratic senate and Democratic congress with their historically low approval ratings, will be in a big hurry to do SOMETHING. ANYTHING to make it look like they're getting something done. Once the they get bogged down with serious items, they'll be in a big hurry to get some phony bologna feel good legislation passed so it looks like they're accomplishing something. Saving the country from the boogieman is always high on the list.

You don't need to run out this week, but I wouldn't put it off for too long.

As far as "two weeks they'll be overstocked", I wouldn't count on it. Things can move pretty slow. Some of the big names take many months to fill upper/rifle orders under the normal work load. I've waited for six months plus for certain accessory items get become available. :roll:
Slow is just slow.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Cas,
You see my son's avatar and his message about being connected. Well, His connection is me and because of that avatar, he no longer has the "connection" :D :D :lol: :lol: :o

For real, We all went through it in '94. Relax--Besides, my buddy Tom told me that when everything is gone, all I have to do is pick up the phone and tell him what make, model and caliber I want. It will arrive in a few days, no matter what the atmosphere is like. Obama ain't gonna mess with our legal products! :twisted: --------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

They're legal right now. What's to say that the Dems and Osama make them illegal 3 months from now?
NRA Life Member
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

I like hearing both sides of the conversation. I can't buy one so I get to sit back and not participate in the discussion; feels kinda weird. :shock:
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

I had thought about buying one or two to replace the ones I lost recently in an unfortunate boating accident and which now repose at the bottom of Boysen Reservoir in Central Wyoming. However, I think I will just stick with levers from now on. :)
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

I was the other boat in that accident, lost mine also.
revolverjunkie
Levergunner 1.0

Post by revolverjunkie »

ya i have know idea what happend officer i just ran into the store for a min so i left the door unlocked. before i went to the range and all my favorite guns got stolen im especially mad about my ak getting swiped i wanted to shoot it one last time before i turned it in and it got melted down into a statue of our wonderful comander and chief :roll:
Your friends might get me in the rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe. Tombstone.

when guns are banned there will be two groups with guns the government and outlaws.
I intend to be among the outlaws
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

mescalero1 wrote:I was the other boat in that accident, lost mine also.
One tragedy after another. I didn't want to say anything, it is soooooooooooo embarassing, but I was out in my Old Town pack canoe and lost all my rifles and pistols. I've only got my memories now... :cry:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Hobie wrote:
mescalero1 wrote:I was the other boat in that accident, lost mine also.
One tragedy after another. I didn't want to say anything, it is soooooooooooo embarassing, but I was out in my Old Town pack canoe and lost all my rifles and pistols. I've only got my memories now... :cry:
You see, now here's the problem with that. Everyone knows that an Old Town pack canoe will not float with more than 1100 pounds of steel and walnut in it. With your collection of "items" it would quickly become an Old Town pack submarine.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

There was a terrible fire ...........................
ED
Yer never too old
Coldfingers
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Coldfingers »

Hobie...not to change the subject, but, is not that little pack canoe the neatest thing since sliced bread? I just love mine.

Spent three days hunting up S.Crick this fall out of mine. Would have been in trouble had I connected with Bullwinkle though. Would have been a two day process getting the pieces out :)
Porquipines are peacefull creatures but God still saw fit to give them quills
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

Another point to ponder: Ruger's sudden online sale of their 20-rd. Mini-14 magazines at 1/3 off makes me think they either know or strongly suspect that something wicked is a-comin' down the pike. Looks to me like they're trying to offload a bunch of inventory while they can.

Keep in mind, the ban will NOT have a sunset provision the next time 'round.

Scott
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

You don't have to like it personally to realize it's a good investment. Hell every time I go to a gunshow I wish I had more guns I don't like. Hard to trade anything away now.