Don't Miss Out On Great Truck/Barn Rifle....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JJ_Miller
Shootist

Don't Miss Out On Great Truck/Barn Rifle....

Post by JJ_Miller »

I just got off the phone with Samco Global, the original run of complete matching Schmidt Rubin K-31's is drawing to an end. They have a few left, but their new ad in Shotgun news offers matching bolt and receiver only. From now on the ad's will sell built up parts guns. The initial batch of K-31's were complete to include a name tag under the butt plate with the last Swiss Home Guard member who was issued the rifle. These will be gone soon.

The K-31 is made like a Swiss watch, all that I have shot stay under 2 MOA, tough as nails but ugly as Murbachs butt.

If you missed the cheap 6.5 Swedes and want a QUALITY Mil-surp this is your chance.

I leave one at the farm and keep one in my truck. It very roughly equals the 308 but its a 7.5 caliber. Swiss match ammo is still cheap. If you don't mind ugly, you get a great rifle for $200.00. They are a keeper..................................JJ
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Don't Miss Out On Great Truck/Barn Rifle....

Post by Bill in Oregon »

JJ: Wouldn't part with mine. Built like a surgical instrument, with a trigger to die for on a fine sporting rifle, much less a military surplus arm.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

I have been able to resist these. But I will say that the one's that I have shot were tack drivers - more accurate than you can beleive an iron sighted battle rifle could be - just like the Swede Mausers.

I'm trying to free some of my guns right now and have slipped and bought some new ones in the process! Its hard being a gun junky and reducing your herd!

But I'm also a mountain junky and would really like to lay claim to a small acreage in S. Colo....
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
morgan in nm
Levergunner 3.0

Post by morgan in nm »

I just sold mine last weekend for $100. These are great shooters. I have had only one k31 and if it were not for the price of gas, I would never had sold it.
rock-steady
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rock-steady »

The 7.5 x 55mm Swiss is an easy cartridge to handload. The same .308" bullets and powders used in .308 Winchester and .30/06 work fine for the 7.5 Swiss. Surplus GP11 ammo is available as well as factory loads from Prvi Partizan, Wolf and others. New brass from Norma s over $1.00 apiece. Information overload here
http://theswissriflesdotcommessageboard ... /view/id/5
"People who need long explanations at moments when everything depends on instinct have always irritated me." ~ Guy Sajer
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

I really like milsurps and if money wasn't so tight I would probably have a bunch. I wouldn't mind getting one of them there swiss'ers either. :D
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Had one and sold it. Instantly regretted it. Been looking to replace it.

Guess I better do it soon.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

I bought one a couple of years ago. I don't shoot it alot, but like someone said, it is built like a swiss watch and is a tack driver. The stocks are mostly "beaver chewed", so they aren't much to look at. I've heard the stocks got chewed up because the Swiss soldiers would jam the butt down in the snow and would have to kick it out with their hob nailed boots from the frozen snow the next morning.

The straight pull bolt is neat to operate. I read one article by a gun writer who said if the rifle were built today, it cost something like $2,000 to duplicate at its quality level.

Glad I bought mine when i did. I also bought a case of the GP11 Swiss military surplus ammo that shoots like match grade.
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
JJ_Miller
Shootist

Post by JJ_Miller »

I have never done it or anything but seems like I read somwheres that ifn' a feller takes a coarse mill bastard and files about a quarter inch off the nose of that GP11 ammo it explodes better than an A Max bullet on feral cats. Like I said I don't know first hand or nothin' cuz I 'm a wild house cats best friend :twisted: .....................................JJ