OT-me in an earlier incarnation

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

OT-me in an earlier incarnation

Post by jnyork »

Some shots I took in a place long ago and far away: http://www.c-7acaribou.com/album/jyphotos/jyindex.htm
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT-me in an earlier incarnation

Post by cshold »

Thanks for the great pictures, and an even bigger thanks
for your service to our great country. :D

"Go Air Force" :wink:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

You must have some great memories, thanks for sharing. :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Neat pictures. Really something to be proud of.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Duff L Bagg
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Duff L Bagg »

Great pictures, and thank you for your service.

Looking at the pictures of you getting the fire hose treatment when you returned from your last mission, reminded me of our tradition in Titan II's and a persons last dispatch to the complex. We had a slight variation to it, we would grab the person and duct tape them then through them into a safety shower and then hose them down. enlisted or officer didn't matter you were going to get a shower, I don't have any pictures because cameras were a no no on the Missile site.

Once again thanks for the pictures.

Really Baby, I swear that it just followed me home.
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Jerry, Ive rode in a C7 a couple of times we were coming out of a miserable little strip north of an loc the CE jerked the pull tabs on the external jato pods that bird started whipping and spurring what a ride. Thought you would like to see some snakes humping a T54, This was the Easter offensive of 72 300 to 500 T54 and PT76's and 30 K of nva troops hit An loc, 1/9 Cav F Troop pink team found a T54 , all the snakes had was 17lb he no heat rounds hit them in the butt knock out the engine they open the hatchs to get away you hose them down. There was 2 pink teams working this tank he tried to run but he didnt make it. The AC of a snake was taking photos while the other snake was smoking the crew. danny
Last edited by BigSky56 on Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

casastahle wrote:Thanks for the great pictures, and an even bigger thanks
for your service to our great country. :D

"Go Air Force" :wink:
+1 :D
jfwlb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jfwlb »

To both jnyork and BigSky56;

A BIG thank you for your service. If you hadn't gone there when you did, I would have had to go there at some point.

I am proud to say that during my 23 years of service I too have answered the call(Iraq) and know the terrible price of freedom. I am just about to go overseas again, this time to a more peaceful climate and do peace keeping duties in Kosovo for a year. This time as a 1SG. My only goal is to bring all my troopers back alive. I'm sorry I don't have any great photos like you do. I will try to remedy that as time goes by and post them for your enjoyment.

John
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

John you be careful over there, if it wasnt for a top sgt nothing would get done in a outfit. danny
Scott Young
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott Young »

thank you all for your service. i am one that never had the chance to serve. my health and timing have kept me from walking in you shoes. my dad, grand fathers, uncles and one cousin have served. my cousin is in iraq currently. yall be careful. 8)
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

jfwlb wrote:To both jnyork and BigSky56;

A BIG thank you for your service. If you hadn't gone there when you did, I would have had to go there at some point.

I am proud to say that during my 23 years of service I too have answered the call(Iraq) and know the terrible price of freedom. I am just about to go overseas again, this time to a more peaceful climate and do peace keeping duties in Kosovo for a year. This time as a 1SG. My only goal is to bring all my troopers back alive. I'm sorry I don't have any great photos like you do. I will try to remedy that as time goes by and post them for your enjoyment.

John
Thanks for the kind words, John, you stay safe over there, we will appreciate hearing from you as your tour progresses.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

thank you all for your service
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
jfwlb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jfwlb »

To: BigSky56, Scott Young, jnyork, and rjohns94;

Thank you for all your kind words and encouragement.

BigSky56: I am aware of that and will do my best not to let my troops down. I am newly promoted and am still learning the ropes but I have the troops first in my mind always.

Scott Young: you are the emphasis of this post. You need to get involved in your local community now and support the vets coming home from overseas. The support from vets is great, but the best feeling I have ever had was the feeling I get when somebody who is not in the military says"welcome home or thank you" Edit** By the way, tell your cousin to keep his head down and keep shooting.

jnyork: It is my honor to follow in the footsteps that you and thousands of others have laid. I will try to fill the shoes you have left me and complete my mission. I will update my status as the mission dictates and opsec allows.

rjohns94: no, Thank you for supporting us in our fight for freedom and the American way. If you could see what I have seen in Iraq, you would be thrilled to see the progress we have made in our fight and the courage of the Iraqi people to embrace our ideals.

John Wheeler
SFC, CAARNG
1SG
Troop A, 1/18th Cavalry
40th IBCT