POLITICS - SWEET... NUKE THE TRAITOROUS "MARINE"

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

POLITICS - SWEET... NUKE THE TRAITOROUS "MARINE"

Post by Old Ironsights »

What ever happened to Semper Fi, "Senator"...?

-----------------

Stick it to him: Marine files suit against Murtha

By Michelle Malkin • September 25, 2008 12:40 PM:

One of the Marines cleared in the killings of Iraqi civilians in the town of Haditha plans to sue his congressman today for statements he says defamed him and other members of his squad.

Former Marine Lance Cpl. Justin Sharratt, 24, of Canonsburg, will file a civil lawsuit against U.S. Rep. John P. Murtha, D-Johnstown, who was widely quoted two years ago saying that eight Marines carried out a cold-blooded killing of 24 civilians in the Iraqi town on Nov. 19, 2005.

Charges were later dropped against all but one of the Marines, with a military prosecutor calling allegations against Mr. Sharratt “incredible.”

Noah Geary, a Washington County lawyer representing Mr. Sharratt, said his client will file suit today in U.S. District Court in Pittsburgh accusing Mr. Murtha of violating his constitutional rights as well as slander for statements about the Haditha incident. A 1:30 p.m. news conference has been planned to announce the suit.

“He just held innumerable press conferences, just repeatedly kept saying this was cold-blooded murder,” Mr. Geary said of the congressman.

While Mr. Sharratt killed three insurgents, Mr. Geary said, he followed the rules of engagement for combat.

The Haditha incident remains a political flash point in the Iraq War, with critics saying Mr. Murtha, a Marine Corps veteran of Vietnam, defamed American troops.

Mr. Murtha could not be reached last night and a spokesman did not respond to a message requesting comment.

Murtha won’t talk. But his upstart GOP opponent will:

Republican candidate in the 12th PA Congressional district Bill Russell commented today on the lawsuit filed against incumbent Rep. John Murtha (D-PA) by a Marine from the district. The suit was filed by LCpl. Justin Sharratt of Canonsburg, PA, in Pittsburgh Federal Court and seeks relief for the stripping of Mr. Sharratt’s Constitutional rights, specifically his right to the presumption of innocence and due process, as well as relief for slander.

The lawsuit was prompted by Murtha’s widely reported comments of Marines at Haditha, Iraq “killing innocent civilians in cold blood.”

“As a career military officer and a 9-11 Pentagon survivor, I have a personal interest in seeing the record and reputations of these courageous Marines cleared,” said Russell. “It is contemptible that any member of Congress abuse the power of his office to advance a political agenda by unjustly attacking our brave men and women in uniform. Lance Corporal Sharratt was declared innocent by a properly convened military court, and he has every right to seek justice for the denial of his Constitutional rights to due process and the presumption of innocence, and for the damage done to his reputation. I sincerely hope that Congressman Murtha will use this opportunity to admit his mistake and take responsibility for the harm his false accusations have done to Justin Sharratt and his family. Justin’s right to justice goes beyond politics. I call upon Congressman Murtha to deal honorably with the Sharratt’s, and not attempt to hide behind election-year rhetoric and the very office whose power he abused to deny them this right”.

Boot Murtha.

Defend our heroes.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: POLITICS - SWEET... NUKE THE TRAITOROUS "MARINE"

Post by AJMD429 »

There is a special place in hell for politicians like that...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

AJMD429 wrote:There is a special place in hell for politicians like that...
+1
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

What would be so sweet, is to see Murtha ran out of office, and take his pension away from him too. This guy is a pig to go and slander those Marines, and accuse them as he did. It's not the job of someone like him to stick his face in this matter in the first place. Fire him, run his rear out of office, and refuse his pension. Maybe the next jerk politician would keep his mouth shut and let the Marines handle their own business. In a way I'm surprised that Schumer didn't do something like this since guns were involved.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
El Mac
Levergunner 2.0

Post by El Mac »

Murtha is a post-modern foaming at the mouth TURDASSOURASS.

I'd love to see this chump walk the plank.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

El Mac wrote:Murtha is a post-modern foaming at the mouth TURDASSOURASS.

I'd love to see this chump walk the plank.
+1,000! :twisted:
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Murtha is a disgrace. 1886
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

I agree; this jerk has to go! Maybe if this lawsuit goes through in favor of the Marine other polititions will realize that they are accountable for what comes out of their mouth!
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
45Jack
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 45Jack »

Semper Fi, Do or Die.
impeach Murtha
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

as i recall, murtha was a reservist marine intelligence officer who was NOT a combat marine in 'nam, but in G2...(at least that 's what i recall reading somewhere)

it doesn't matter...at least not to me.

he's still not good for what's going on. i think he's a disgrace to GOOD marines and legislators! (let me go on the record right now as believing there are many, many, more GOOD MARINES than there are good legislators!)

murtha should, at least, resign for the better of all. if he doesn't...the good citizens of his district should impeach or remove him.

our military of today has enough problems trying to contain our overt enemies let alone INTERNAL enemies.

maybe the lawsuits against him will "open his eyes" and he'll shut up, resign, and fade into obscurity
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers
Duff L Bagg
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Duff L Bagg »

The democratic leadership put him up to his deeds, the thinking being that he too was a Marine and that he would have credibility. With the hope that if they could make the killings stick to the Marines that the demorats could tie them around the Presidents neck. This *** was willing to throw his fellow Marines under the bus for a little political gain. To me there is no worse Basturd than a politician that will sacrifice U.S. servicemen for their own political gain. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Really Baby, I swear that it just followed me home.
Naphtali
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Naphtali »

Small but important point, guys. If Mr. Murtha is acquitted -- until he is convicted -- aren't you doing to him precisely what you are castigating him for doing?
It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

AJMD429 wrote:There is a special place in hell for politicians like that...
Hope that the poor soul repents for his constant lies and misrepresentations, under the authority of a solon. In the words of the Son of God:
Mat 23:33-34 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.