What is the beef?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Re: What is the beef?

Post by GoatGuy »

2571 wrote::IIRC, my venison costs (totally) me about $250.00/lb USD (+/-), including special clothing, weapon, licenses, butchering tool(s), & vacuum-packing equipment."

Same for turkey season. Come April, everybody want to get outside after snow melt. New SG, new knife, new boots, etc. That's about when stores begin offering turkeys for Easter dinner -- 59¢ per pound.
Ain't that the truth! Same for most of us, I suppose. Yet for me, and expect many others my age, by now I really have way more gear than I'll ever need to harvest meat for the year. Therefore I spend extra bucks on reloading supplies as I just love burning powder! On an crisp early morning, there's nothing like making meat from a rocker on the front porch. :D
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
Ysabel Kid

Re: What is the beef?

Post by Ysabel Kid »

KiwiKev wrote:The New Zealand meat pie is truly a thing of wonder!

We have an annual competition to find the supreme meat pie throughout the land.

Here are some of our meat pies.......

Chunky Steak

A yummy steak and mushroom pie.

Now I'm very hungry! :mrgreen:

I am sure we can export you folk lots of pies!