Good read on Memorial Day

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Good read on Memorial Day

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Good read on Memorial Day

Post by Old No7 »

from the article -- wrote:It’s worth asking, this Memorial Day, whether the rest of us would be willing to follow Kennedy’s path.
Thanks for posting that Bill.

But this other quote from the article really astonishes me -- I mean, maybe I shouldn't be surprised -- I guess I'm more dismayed, embarrassed and mad that so many would think this way... And to read it today, on this day of days... Oh well...
from the article -- wrote:It’s not just that the percentage of Americans who consider themselves patriotic has dropped so dramatically. It’s also that, according to a 2022 Quinnipiac poll, only 55 percent of Americans say they would stay and fight if the U.S. were invaded.
Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

"...It’s not just that the percentage of Americans who consider themselves patriotic has dropped so dramatically. It’s also that, according to a 2022 Quinnipiac poll, only 55 percent of Americans say they would stay and fight if the U.S. were invaded..."

I've heard several people say that the average 60 year old in 1960 had a testosterone higher than the average 20 year old in 2020. Not sure where this came from, but it wouldn't surprise me.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I’m not sure the 55% figure is any different here today than it has ever been anywhere.

Consider the countries that were occupied during WWII. very few of the folks living there actually resisted the initial invasion. And fewer still formed resistance groups or took individual action to resist the occupation.

And remember, as warfare has become more sophisticated the less likely a resistance force alone could free themselves.

In WWII the French, Belgian, Dutch and late in the war, the Italians would never have sent Germans packing without the intervention of the allies.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad