@#!&%# Grrrr

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

@#!&%# Grrrr

Post by Grizz »

Here's something I can't figure out :-> How can every single roll of electrical tape be lost at the same time????
Every tote, tool box, glove box, bench top, bookshelf, trunk, shop shelf, etc. are required as a matter of policy to have at least one roll of electrical tape at the ready all the time. Now they are ALL AWOL!

how is that possible ?
:) grizz
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Re: @#!&%# Grrrr

Post by vancelw »

Grizz wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:36 pm Here's something I can't figure out :-> How can every single roll of electrical tape be lost at the same time????
Every tote, tool box, glove box, bench top, bookshelf, trunk, shop shelf, etc. are required as a matter of policy to have at least one roll of electrical tape at the ready all the time. Now they are ALL AWOL!

how is that possible ?
:) grizz
You big dummy....it's right where you left it! :lol:

No, seriously....it's with the Teflon tape. That's the one I can never find :?
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Blame it on Murphy!
No the big question is where did you use it last? That's where you'll find all 10 rolls :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

That’s just how it is …….take for example, duct tape…….if I can’t find it I go to Home Depot and buy a case of it. Last month I couldn’t find a can of white spray paint and I knew I had several so I went to Home Depot and bought a case. White paint is essential around here, when something don’t work, I just paint it white and whatever I painted starts working again.

Here’s another one along Grizz’s line…..you’re sitting in a chair working on something. Let’s pretend it’s a screwdriver you’re using to fix something and you set the screwdriver down…….without leaving the seat you go to use it again and it’s gone……you look straight ahead, to the left and to the right…nothing…..then you look behind you and there it is.

Any tool I use out and away from the house I paint it yellow…..(hammer, hatchet, axe, sledge hammer, rake..whatever) ….Yellow is for finding it and white is to be sure it works…..00……6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Yeah, the teflon plumbing tape mystery came immediately to mind ...
I have never forgotten the wisdom of Piglet telling Pooh, who had lost something, "Just look in the last place first." :lol:
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

Its with the 10mm sockets/wrenches
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

You put it away where you would be sure to find it. The surest way to loose anything.
lonesome dave
Levergunner

Post by lonesome dave »

It's with the glove that i can't find.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

After a ten and a half hour road trip I have just moved from Somerset to Northumberland with all my worldly goods in " unmarked boxes" :oops:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ten and a half hours?! I didn't know GB was that big :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

Zip ties or duct tape, fixed is fixed !
Says Red Green !!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

That’s why within a hundred yards of me right now (house, barns, sheds, cars, random spots in yard) I’ll bet there are at least 30 pairs of vicegrips. Whenever I can’t find a pair, I’ll pick up another one next time I’m at the hardware store, and, of course, as soon as I get home with the new pair, I find one or more of the old pair… :roll:

My friends who are urban apartment dwellers often have one pair, or even none… :o
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

If you want to find them all Griz, just buy a replacement. The lost ones will all pop up like fishin' bobbers.
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Sarge wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:54 am If you want to find them all Griz, just buy a replacement. The lost ones will all pop up like fishin' bobbers.
Thanks Sarge, been waiting for this one. I've lost count of how many times I've told my wife that I'm going to the hardware store to find the xyz's I've misplaced. I guess it's a new angle on replacement therapy, eh?
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I was kind of snickering at this while thinking about how well I organized my garage after the last clean out.

Then I went out to put some air in a bike trailer's tires. The compressor was right there where it should be. I finally found the air hose almost two hours later.

Karma is a female dog.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

jeepnik wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:09 pm I was kind of snickering at this while thinking about how well I organized my garage after the last clean out.

Then I went out to put some air in a bike trailer's tires. The compressor was right there where it should be. I finally found the air hose almost two hours later.

Karma is a female dog.
Hilarious. While doing more searching for other stuff today three items showed up that I thought I had, but hadn't seen for five years. Now I can buy a box of electrical tape and lose-proof them. Heh.
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

I lost a sock this morning. Reached into a sofa to feel around for it and pulled out my pocket Streamlight I lost a couple months ago
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

44shooter wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:52 pm I lost a sock this morning. Reached into a sofa to feel around for it and pulled out my pocket Streamlight I lost a couple months ago
a grand example of, uh, cosmic humor?
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

My house has three sets of tools... one in the garage, one in the workshop and a smaller one in my truck. Whenever I'm working in the garage, there's two in the workshop... when out in the workshop, there's two of what I need in the garage. Actually, there's a fourth set... my son has a fairly large set in my garage... If I can't find mine in either shop or garage, it's in his set! And if still can't be found... it's either on the workbench, tool box top, parts washer or one of two tables. Now... if I can get the Ford tractor brakes finished and move it out of the garage, I'll be able to get the Camaro in there and have another place to lose tools in! Consumables are in the storage cabinet... an old side-by-side refrigerator in the garage (or on an already overloaded horizontal surface, which usually necessitates another trip to Lowes, Ace or Home Depot!)
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
JBowen
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JBowen »

I can relate! I had been looking for my combo wrench/screwdriver that came with my chainsaw all winter. A week or two ago during
a cold spell I pulled out one of my old work coats and low and behold that wrench was in the pocket! :lol:

JBowen
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Griff wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:15 am My house has three sets of tools..., which usually necessitates another trip to Lowes, Ace or Home Depot!)
See what I mean? Is someone toying with us, or is it built-in stress relief, or is it a blood pressure aid, either way?

Worst part of it for me is shifting the focus from task to project to repairs, etc. Eventually all the sockets of a certain diameter range wind up in the same peanut butter jar. metric, American, and three drive sizes all kenneled up together. Eventually I have to segregate them, but I am never sure if it's still legal . . .
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

JBowen wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 9:43 am I can relate! I had been looking for my combo wrench/screwdriver that came with my chainsaw all winter. A week or two ago during
a cold spell I pulled out one of my old work coats and low and behold that wrench was in the pocket! :lol:

JBowen
I have found guns that way.. :? :|
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

vancelw wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:40 am
JBowen wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 9:43 am I can relate! I had been looking for my combo wrench/screwdriver that came with my chainsaw all winter. A week or two ago during

JBowen
I have found guns that way.. :? :|
DITTO . . . in tool boxes and cookin' boxes too . . . love the input, makes me laugh every time . . .