Guy & family need help

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

Guy & family need help

Post by WinM71 »

I ran across a story on FoxNews about a guy & his wife & two kids who went on a vacation trip to the Turks and Caicos islands. When leaving the islands to return home, 4 rounds of ammunition were discovered in his suitcase at the airport. He said it dated from a hunting trip some time ago & he had overlooked it in the suitcase. He was jailed and now faces a minimum term of 15 years in prison if convicted. The news story mentioned that a gofundme page had neen started for the family, so I made a donation. I had never used or donated on the gofundme site before, but it's pretty easy. I have no connection whatsoever with anyone involved & I live 1500+ miles from them (the news story mentioned that they live in Oklahoma). I thought some here might be interested.

Here's the news story:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/oklahoma-man ... everything

Here's the gofundme site for their case:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-bring-t ... e=customer
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
Ysabel Kid

Re: Guy & family need help

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I was at the Charlotte airport, sometime in the last year (don't remember exactly when because I spend half my life there :roll: ) and had just got through security and was waiting on my bag. I look over at one of the bins from someone who had gone through before me and lo and behold, there was a .223 round lying in it. I motioned for the TSA guy to come over and pointed to it. He picked it up and I said "5.56?" He looked it over and said - "no, commercial .223". He called over another guy and handed it off like it was an everyday occurrence.

So I asked him if that happened often. His reply, "every day".

Hopefully the family contacted their congress-critter. T&C should be ashamed of themselves. I'll never go back, based on this. That is actually the way to get their attention - a mass of threats to never go or go back. The island is all tourism. That will get their attention PDQ. :evil:
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

A few years ago we were hard against the border working a gun show.

One of the vendors and some of the guys wanted to go across the border and he drove his new Suburban.

He had a box of .40 ammo under his seat.

He stayed in that Mexican jail until they got every dime they could from him.

Lesson-don’t carry ammo into a place where they will arrest you for it. Just like dope.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

It’s common knowledge that other countries hate Americans and only want our money…….its also common knowledge what happens to Americans if the foreign authorities find as much as a spit ball straw that your going to be a resident of their penal colonies until a lawyer shows up with a suitcase full of green…….

It’s like that in N.J……if the cops see an out of state tag they will find something to pull you over for…….I know people personally who made the mistake of going into Jersey, Maryland and recently Delaware with ammo or a gun and got pulled over but were not bright enough to ask the cop for probable cause if the cop asked if he could search their car…….the last guy I talked to said it cost him 20 big ones after fines, lawyers, missing work, multiple hearings.

So…..why go to these places? I live 10-12 miles from Jersey and have not been there since 1978 when it cost me $185 THEN for driving 70 in a 55.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

If you're a drug-addled, black, lesbian, basketball player in Russia - well the White House will secure your release.

This white, straight, family man is unfortunately screwed. Only Congress/the diplomatic corps can help him now.
And as he's white, straight, married, and probably Republican, he doesn't have much hope.

A quiet bribe at the point of infraction might have helped him, but maybe not where there are so
many tourists.

Lesson: Be VERY careful to search your luggage BEFORE you get on the plane!

I once took 250 rounds of 36gr. 22 cal HPs in my truck through NJ. At the time the fine for
HP ammo in NJ was $1,000 per round, and the fines would have ruined me. I did it just to
thumb my nose at 'em.

Be careful out there!

-Stretch