Guilty!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Guilty!

Post by wvfarrier »

Hannah Reed was found guilty of.Involuntary Manslaughter

https://www.youtube.com/live/Am_NfhBr9B8?feature=shared
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Guilty!

Post by gamekeeper »

I have watched a bit of the trial and found it interesting that something so crucially important was treated so casually. The bad feeling between the props lady and the armorer to me was suspicious.
I still think that anyone who is handed a firearm and then points it at another person and pulls the trigger is ultimately responsible.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Hate to hear this.
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Not sayin' anything about her guilt, she was the official armorer.

But they got their sacrificial lamb now, throat cut and bleeding.

Baldwin, who violated every one of the unofficial rules of gun safety will walk free.

I'll be very surprised if he doesn't.
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

wecsoger wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:29 pm Not sayin' anything about her guilt, she was the official armorer.

Baldwin, who violated every one of the unofficial rules of gun safety will walk free.

I hope he does not. She was the ARMORER and as such it was her job even though she was not up to it. He is a totally different matter.
It is not the critic who counts
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

wecsoger wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:29 pm Not sayin' anything about her guilt, she was the official armorer.

yeah I agree. . . Baldwin has enough money to put someone else in jail for what he did. And what is the matter with the lady's defense lawyer? He just had to ask her if the gun was clear when she handed it off, and then ask her "how in the world could a live round have entered the cylinder, hmmm?

Unless she is a liar patsy, the answer to the question is obvious
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

Its my understanding that she was not even on set the day this happened
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

She deserved to be found guilty.
She didn't do her job, and she didn't follow the union rules.
She deserves to go to jail.

David Hall, the Assistant Director, was smart: he pleaded guilty right away to a misdemeanor.
Slimy and unethical as hell, but smart. He should be in jail as well.

Alec Baldwin is in an interesting position now. I truly hope they find him guilty, but as others have
said, he might be able to buy his way out of it one way or another.

The thing that really rankles me about Alec Baldwin is that he didn't man up and take responsibility.
"Hey - I screwed up. We should have followed the rules." Instead, he whines like a little child about
how it's all someone else's fault. He killed a woman and whines about, "poor me - not my fault." For that reason
alone he should be put in jail.

-Stretch
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

I feel bad for Thell Reed. No father wants to have to go through this.

I don’t know if she deserves to be found guilty. I’m not on the jury and I didn’t hear the evidence.

But I feel bad for Thell.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

From what I've read, Baldwin paid off the cinematographer's husband and then offered him an assistant director's job when the filming continued. What a slap in the face!
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:24 am I feel bad for Thell Reed. No father wants to have to go through this.

I don’t know if she deserves to be found guilty. I’m not on the jury and I didn’t hear the evidence.

But I feel bad for Thell.
I doubt if very many people know who Thell Reed is, Scott.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Competence is not a genetic trait!

I doubt the round was swapped out after the armor handed the gun to Baldwin, however, Baldwin should be ultimately accountable.

I did read an interesting point that stated Baldwin had gone off script as it was not in the script that Baldwin would point the gun at the camera crew and fire it. However, the gun should have not been loaded with a live round. Who placed the live round in the gun will likely never be known, but we do know who pointed the gun and fired it.

The article below also states that she was accused of evidence tampering because she attempted to dispose a small bag of narcotics. While being found not guilty of evidence tampering, it makes me question if she might have been impaired. Of course HOLLYWEIRD would never mandate having individuals tested for narcotics.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68486069
Last edited by horsesoldier03 on Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

JimT wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:57 am
I doubt if very many people know who Thell Reed is, Scott.
You may be right Jim. But I know.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Not commenting on her verdict but Baldwin must be found guilty as his 'accidental discharge' of his single action Colt wasn't accidental it was a purposeful act.

We here all KNOW that it takes 2 separate and distinct actions involving 2 different parts of his hand to cock and then fire a single action pistol. As the pistol was inspected and found to be in proper working order, the only way it would fire is if he cocked it with his thumb and and then pulled the trigger. GUILTY!
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

Being anti gun he showed the blatant disrespect anti gun people have for firearms and firearms safety.Taking someone else s word that a gun is safe without verifying for yourself is foolish and in this case it passed through a few peoples hands before Baldwin received it.Also practicing a quick draw while pointing the gun at another person is something No knowledgeable gun owner would do.They should pass a law making every person on a movie set where firearms are present take an extensive firearms training course to familiarize them selves with the firearms,safety and protocol
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

barbarossa wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:51 am They should pass a law making every person on a movie set where firearms are present take an extensive firearms training course to familiarize them selves with the firearms,safety and protocol
That would be great! Most of the 'Snowflake Actors' would refuse to learn about those 'evil implements of destruction' and then we'd be able to get those pompous, self absorbed idiots out of the limelight, off the stage, and out of our lives. I call that a win!
Steve
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

COSteve wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:11 am We here all KNOW that it takes 2 separate and distinct actions involving 2 different parts of his hand to cock and then fire a single action pistol. As the pistol was inspected and found to be in proper working order, the only way it would fire is if he cocked it with his thumb and and then pulled the trigger. GUILTY!
He could have done what I have seen others do ... pick up the pistol and put his finger in the trigger guard .. cock the hammer and let go of it and BOOM! Finger in the trigger guard on the trigger. It is still negligent and careless, a result of not knowing what you are doing.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Look up the Screen actors guild safety rules on "gun safety". It is All written out plain as can be. just about anyone on the set while this was going on is guilty. they just can't claim ignorance. Baldwin is a lowlife idiot who happens to be rich. They have been making movies involving weapons for more than 100 years. A needless tragedy.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Years ago when I was involved in reenactments, they held required safety briefs. One of the cardinal rules as that you never point the gun directly at someone. You elevate or aim to the side of them. I am sure even Hollywood would have rules in place that would have prevented this.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
Paul105
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Paul105 »

I'm sure it must have been addressed but I haven't seen it -- WHY WAS THERE LIVE AMMO ON SET and who brought it there?
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Reed, the armor, is the one that brought a box of live ammo to the set.
ole pizen slinger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ole pizen slinger »

Being totally ignorant of what goes on on a movie set, what would a blank cartridge look like compared to a live round? Are they indistinguishable from one another? From my experience with single action revolvers, a live round would have been able to be seen simply be looking at the front of the cylinder. Baldwin had to have cocked the pistol in order to fire it so the live round would have been visible on one side of the cylinder or the other depending on the direction of rotation of the cylinder as the revolver is cocked.
ole pizen slinger
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

5 in 1 blanks used in movies (fits .38-40 rifle .38-40 pistol .44-40 rifle .44-40 pistol .45 Colt pistol)
5in1.jpg
5in1blanks.JPG
There are also "dummy" rounds made up with a bullet seated but no primer or powder.

EDIT: There have been deaths on movie sets from blanks. Back in the 1980's I think it was, on one set an actor was goofing off and put a pistol to his head and pulled the trigger. The blank round killed him.

Found it ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon-Erik_Hexum
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

He is a hypocritical bum, terrible actor and he should be jailed for murder.
As for shooting at the camera either use a mirror or get everyone out of the way before the scene starts. Ya know common sense...oh wait mankind pretty much lacks that!

I still think this poor woman said or did something that p_€£ed off said bum and he figured he would take care of the situation for good. Don't forget that he has more than once gone off on reporters, fans- rage issues, needs to be medicated or better yet put down.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

I agree with Scott.

Putting the entire blame-game aside, this is a sad story, tragic in that it impacted so many lives. The family of Halyna Hutchins, fellow crew members including director Joel Souza, certainly young Hannah Gutierrez Reed and her family and even Alec Baldwin have all had their lives inalterably changed since the accident. BTW, Hannah is the stepdaughter of Thell Reed, the famous exhibition shooter, stuntman and armorer noted for his training of actors in many top movies such as "The Quick and the Dead", "L.A. Confidential" and "Tombstone" and many more.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

JimT wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:03 pm He could have done what I have seen others do ... pick up the pistol and put his finger in the trigger guard .. cock the hammer and let go of it and BOOM! Finger in the trigger guard on the trigger. It is still negligent and careless, a result of not knowing what you are doing.
I agree, however, it's still a purposeful act and in my opinion, far from an accident.

He was likely showing off or screwing around with no regard for anyone else.

Oh wait, that describes virtually every actor in hollywood . . . .
Steve
JDL
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JDL »

Thanks Scott, I had no idea she was Thell Reed's daughter or stepdaughter.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

I found this article interesting. Complaints of 3 other negligent discharges on the set that were blanks but actor was told that the guns were not loaded at all. The Unionized Camera crews walked out 6 hours before the shooting occurred due to complaints of safety.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-a ... ed-off-set