If you love a Savage Model 99

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

If you love a Savage Model 99

Post by Bill in Oregon »

You'll love this one. Not trying to sell it for the guy, but wow what a beauty!

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/ev ... 9061064772
Drawdown
Levergunner 3.0

Re: If you love a Savage Model 99

Post by Drawdown »

Whew, yeah I love it. Never had a 99, but not from lack of want, and it's in 30-30 too! Only 99 I considered buying, I believe in 2016, was in pristine shape, but my only negative was it was in 308. Don't get me wrong, 308 great cartridge, but not what I want a lever in! I already got several 30-06 for that niche. Had it been in 303 or especially 300 Savage I'd bought it in heartbeat. They sure handle and feel to my liking!
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life"

"Better drawdown Alvin!"
"If you gotta shoot, shoot don't talk"
Conservative since day one and until the last!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:37 am You'll love this one. Not trying to sell it for the guy, but wow what a beauty!

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/ev ... 9061064772
shot first deer and a wolf up on the Mogollon Rim in Zane Gray country. wolf was stalking me :shock:

Model 99 in .243
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

That's a beautiful rifle. It's a fair price too.
NRA Life Member
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Grizz, my grandparents started a ranch under the Mogollon Rim in the Tonto Basin near present Young before World War I. I visited once ten years ago, and it is very interesting country, with human history that goes back probably to the last Ice Age.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

My best friend collects Savage 1899 and 99's and last month brought out one of his factory engraved Savage 1899's with very high grade wood and checkering pattern for display. It such a gorgeous rifle, and engraving is so delicate, and simple light coverage. I sure love those older Savage rifles!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:17 pm Grizz, my grandparents started a ranch under the Mogollon Rim in the Tonto Basin near present Young before World War I. I visited once ten years ago, and it is very interesting country, with human history that goes back probably to the last Ice Age.
That's very interesting. There must be a lot of artifacts in that area. I doubt you can get out of sight of people these days. I drive thru that country and none of the places I remember exist. they paved paradise and turned into a parking lot.

Have you been down into Black Canyon? They call it a trail now and it's paved with 4-wheelers. My grandDad was Superintendent at the deSoto, and the assayer. My gMa was the school teacher in the one-room school. Dad and his brother made up part of the student body. Lots of memories abound in Arizona. That mine produced silver and copper and gold and maybe nickel. Dad said the gold was the profit and the rest paid the bills. It was a technical wonder with a high-line tram all the way to the train tracks in the valley floor. When I saw it there was only one tower left. Picture a ski lift with mine hoppers instead of bunny hopper skiers, if there is such a thing
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

A few years, ago I purchased a 99-H Savage in .303 Savage. Made in 1936, 20” barrel, all OEM parts, and correct Redfield receiver sight. Very pleasant to shoot and an unusual calibre to boot!
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Ray, surely there's a photo of your 99!
Grizz, I had an uncle who lived in Black Canyon City, but I never got off road in that country.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Bill: my camera doesn't work and my cell phone does not take pictures. People always tell me to "upgrade" but I really have no use for either.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.