any questions ?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

any questions ?

Post by Grizz »

any questions.png
as it was in the days of Noah . . . ..........................................
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: any questions ?

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Well, as a Christian, I have no interest in going to the Al Aqsa Mosque to pray. That's for the Muslims. Nor would I go to the Wailing Wall and eat a BLT. If we all respected each other's religions our world would be a more peaceful place.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Sounds great. But when a religion has a tenet that non believers should be killed what can you do.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I don’t see this as any of our business.

How can our President dictate when, where or how anyone worships? Particularly when the place is not within the boundaries of the United States.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Religions have no moral high ground from which to judge other religions. They all have a history of killing the opposition if they won't convert. It was religious christian knights who coined the phrase "Kill 'em all. Let God sort them out." if i remember correctly.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

JimT wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:01 am Religions have no moral high ground from which to judge other religions. They all have a history of killing the opposition if they won't convert. It was religious christian knights who coined the phrase "Kill 'em all. Let God sort them out." if i remember correctly.
thought that was Patton. Ooops, my bad. LOL
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

My take-away is that biden is consorting with another known anti-christ to foment more hatred of Christians and Jews. This indicates to me that
There will be no peace on earth until the Prince of Peace is on earth
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

The king of Jordan is one of our best and most reliable friends we have in the Middle East, as was his father the late King Hussein.
He likes America, too. Some years ago he was doing a Harley tour of the West and his entourage rented an entire Rodeway Inn for his all-day visit to Crater Lake National Park. Everyone who had contact with him or his outfit said they were first class.
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

John The Baptist was the last prophet, then the age of prophets ended,
If there was a being speaking to mohammed, telling him that he was a prophet, that evil thing was not from God.
No, all religions are not equal.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

765x53 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:22 pm No, all religions are not equal.
True. If they were they would have no one to fight with. So each one has to style itself different than the other and proclaim it is THE ONE TRUE religion.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

JimT wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:57 pm
765x53 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:22 pm No, all religions are not equal.
True. If they were they would have no one to fight with. So each one has to style itself different than the other and proclaim it is THE ONE TRUE religion.
Christ said He is the way the truth and the life, and no one comes to Father but thru Him. I believe Him and I take Him at His Word. He intentionally excludes any and every other religion. It relates to the first commandment, to have no gods other than our Father. It's binary.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

True Grizz! Jesus never promoted a religion, not even the one He was born into. Makes some people nervous when you tell them Jesus wasn't a christian. :roll:
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

JimT wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:00 pm True Grizz! Jesus never promoted a religion, not even the one He was born into. Makes some people nervous when you tell them Jesus wasn't a christian. :roll:
not even a baptist. . . . He is The King of The Kingdom, and He loves us anyway ! And gives believers citizenship with Him in His House. It boggles my mind. which brings to mind a quote from the word . . ..
1_John 5_24 has everlasting life.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Grizz on Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

765x53 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:22 pm John The Baptist was the last prophet, then the age of prophets ended,
If there was a being speaking to mohammed, telling him that he was a prophet, that evil thing was not from God.
No, all religions are not equal.
Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. ACTS 13:1
That was quite a while after the Baptizer was killed.

Even later
And as we tarried there many days, there came down from Judaea a certain prophet, named Agabus.
ACTS 21:10
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:15 pm The king of Jordan is one of our best and most reliable friends we have in the Middle East, as was his father the late King Hussein.
He likes America, too. Some years ago he was doing a Harley tour of the West and his entourage rented an entire Rodeway Inn for his all-day visit to Crater Lake National Park. Everyone who had contact with him or his outfit said they were first class.
Hard not to think that if the king was really a friend of America he would summon all of the palestinians to come live in Jordan, and let Israel have the territory that YHWH assigned to them, from the river to the sea.
Promised-Land.jpg
It is NOT the Israelites who are the occupiers. It helps me to remember that God owns the entire earth, and He can give whatever He wants to whomever He wants to.

grizz
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Grizz wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:28 pm .... It helps me to remember that God owns the entire earth, and He can give whatever He wants to whomever He wants to.
grizz
That's what Paul said in Athens ...He (God) determines the nations, how large they get and how long they last.
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

i saw good people in the 3rd world from different religions. A muslim family in the remote areas wont ever read christian passages, they cant read anyway. The woman wont leave the house much and then unless she is fully covered, her world is what the local cleric and her husband tell her it is. She will work hard every day, birth 10 kids, bury some along the way and she cries when they do. Someone says she isnt worthy or dam*ed etc according to their book, well you can keep your book I wont be reading it.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

mickbr wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:00 pm i saw good people in the 3rd world from different religions. A muslim family in the remote areas wont ever read christian passages, they cant read anyway. The woman wont leave the house much and then unless she is fully covered, her world is what the local cleric and her husband tell her it is. She will work hard every day, birth 10 kids, bury some along the way and she cries when they do. Someone says she isnt worthy or dam*ed etc according to their book, well you can keep your book I wont be reading it.
I met a lot of good people in Mozambique the years that I lived there. Made a lot of friends. Some were christian, some were muslim, some were not religious. They were good human beings and I enjoyed being with them. They were among some of the poorest people on the planet, yet they were happier and enjoying life more than many here in the western world. And willing to share what little they had. They know how to laugh with those that laugh and how to cry with those that cry. When my friend's Dad died during his visit from the US, the people who had met him heard about the accident and ran several miles to where she was. They fell down around her and cried so much her shoes were wet from the tears. They understood joy and they understood grief in a way we often miss in the developed world.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I’ve nothing against Muslims. Though I admit that I don’t know many of them.

The Worshipful Master in my Masonic Lodge in Waco was a Muslim at one point and he was as good a man as you will meet.

I knew a Muslim businessman in Del Rio who showed me more hospitality in his home than any Christian ever has.

On the other hand, I don’t understand why some people have such hatred for Jewish people……or Catholic people…..or Mormons.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

1_John 5_24 has everlasting life.png
this enriched considerable time with Jesus this week . . .

along with some more from Genesis that makes me wonder if the Israelis are doing DNA tests on hamas. Because if they are actually descended from Ishmael then they are actually half-brothers to Isaac, whom they have hated since they could. My guess is that they are not descended from Abraham, although they act like it, according to scripture...

good people or bad NO ONE gets into Christ's kingdom by our works, only Christ can create a new clean spirit in us...
it's called the second birth, and the entire wealth of the entire earth cannot buy our own soul. . .

some random-focus notes im enjoying

† grizz