Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by gamekeeper »

Like I have said before, I was born and brought up in an American Cedar wood house with solid fuel central heating so winter time was fun, no matter how cold and wet I got I always had a warm house to return to...if only the house was where it originated from it would have been perfect... :)
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I'm holding a spot for you buddy! :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Looks like Kristy is on the mend…good for her….been so long since I was on skates…maybe 25 years…I’d probably have to relearn it all.

Yea…pretty much like I grew up…..always food on the table but rarely stupid stuff like chips, etc. my mom would buy maybe 10 cans of store brand soda and that had to last a week and it was only in the summer….water was king with Kool Aid or something similar, in the summer only……..never can remember being hungry or cold….we never had ac.
Last edited by Sixgun on Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

The second generation heat pumps work down to -20 where the older style would cost you an arm and a leg once the temps go below freezing. We are on our second heat pump as the first was a Chinese knock off of something else but the new one we have is a Mitsubishi and it does it all, heat, ac, fan, or dehumidifier. You don’t even hear it running………the thing will freeze a T bone in the summer with little rise in the bill…maybe $30.

It was soooooo nice getting rid of the oil burner and it’s constant maintenance and crazy prices for oil and repair work.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks buddy. She's pretty tough, but I hate to see her hurting.
There's nothing worse than to see a place not maintained and in disrepair. Especially if there's a connection to it.
Wow! No oil furnace. Don't see that happening here. If it does, it will be a wood boiler. I got all the fuel I could ever need. We've toyed w8th putting an outside boiler behind the back garage and heating both houses with it. We don't use too much oil though. Maybe 600 gallons a year.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

600 gallons……that alone is 2500-2800. Do you use it for heating the water also? We may spend 2 G’s at most for everything and we are not afraid to use electric……I have the most amount of outside lights than anywhere in the area….changed everything to LED’s…..

These second gen. heat pumps are extremely efficient. The old ones cost an arm and a leg once the temps got below 32. These new one I have will pull heat out of the air down to -20……..Mitsubishi………

Don’t forget, Lackaquisha says, “he dictate good”.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah. We have hot water baseboard. No hot water heater. Those suck. We have a boiler mate tank, however. That will store some hot water to keep the boiler from starting for small amounts. Six hundred a year isn't much up here. I think last winter we only used 450. Least Ive ever used. Weren't much of a winter. Up here, oil is still king. Easy, dependable, and efficient. If I make a change, it will only be to wood. I have a free supply for 10 lifetimes. However, it is still an expense. The system needs to be installed, wood needs to be cut and put up. You have to do it long enough to offset the investment. Age is also a factor, so I'd never remove my oil burner.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well, you know your conditions better than anyone else.

That’s what our system used to be ……hot water baseboard……it gives off a nice uniform heat.

I agree on the wood boiler thingy….gathering and burning wood takes lots of energy and time….I started burning wood at 27 and have it down to a science…..can keep the house within 5 degrees …if I want to……I find it easier to have a blaster then open the doors and windows………THAT boils mom …………..she says, “every time you do that I throw one of your Colts in the weeds out back”……..one time while walking the dog I found a pick up truck load of single action army’s, most all were Custer Battlefield pick ups and a few that climbed that San Juan hill with Teddy…..some of these came with their original boxes.

I hear the dems want to put Sasquatch on the ticket next year for VP. Bad enough we already had near 12 years of the Muslim and now their wishes are to put a hairy he/she creature in charge of civilized people…….

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. Whoever they decide to run is as good as in. They proved that last time.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Had a problem with the brand new gun safe yesterday, after locking my shotgun inside whilst the police firearms inspector watched I found that one lock was seized and the key would not turn :shock: I put a lot of WD40 in the keyhole and with a lot of jiggling about I finally got it to open, bloody good job I didn't need it in a hurry.. :evil:
I remember 30+ years ago when I first moved to the South a local Cop in uniform came out to check my gun safe, he shook his head and said the best place is behind the kitchen door... :D up until the 1980s my guns were not required to be locked up.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. It sucks what politics and government do. Most people, like that cop that mentioned the kitchen door know better. Problem is, the masses don't make policy, even when it's given the appearance that they do.
The overlords have to have that power.

Glad you got your lock to work buddy.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thanks my friend :)
What I hate is people who accept all the little changes to the law that on their own don't seem like serious threats to freedom but once these laws are passed the overlords keep tightening the screws.
When you talk to these people they say things like " I'm a fisherman I don't care about shooting" or " I shoot clay pigeons I don't care about handguns"…
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

GK..you win page 234!!!!……go buy some locks….

Sure, it’s inch by inch as they won’t ask for a yard or in your case, a meter.

Nice weather today…..only thing I need now is something to do……..ahhhh, forget it,,,,I already let the dogs out and that about wore me out, think I’ll get ready for bed……

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I'm up.....I'm up.
You boys are 100% correct. It sucks being a peasant, but at least we are ARMED peasants. :D
Wow is it nice out! Sunny and 43! After I finish my coffee, I'm going to run out and shoot some oil inside the doors on Kristy's cherokee. It's been good and dry for a while and I want to do it before we get more crappy weather. It keeps the bottoms if the doors at the seams from rusting. The oil bleeds into the folded seam and welds where the rust starts.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That’s a good idea Jayster…….you have to admit, today’s cars are 50 times better than the junk produced before the mid nineties……

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

They are as long as nothing electronic goes wrong. Then they are worse.
Yes, rust starts in the welds and seams. That's why having a vehicle repaired and repainted does nothing to stop rust. Oil goes everywhere the water and salt does. It gets in any porosity. You can actually see it bleed through seams. Nothing works better.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Back in the day, cars would start rusting in about 3 years and by 5 there was “all through rust” in several places, usually the wheel well. Frames start rusting around 7 years and if you don’t catch it, by 15 the car would go down the road sideways, if it was still running.

Sold my Remington Classic in 257 Robert’s today………no scope…just the way it came to me, NIB……I put about a thousand rounds down the bore.$2050…..🤪……sold some primers……7,000………$725…..

There’s talk of a major shortage for reloading products due to wars all over the place and that the shortage is going to be a long one.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah, I broke down and ordered some primers and so.e 2400 powder the other day. That hurt.
Gonna load up a bunch of 357 to stockpile. I got a bunch of 357s, and they are economical to shoot. It has a lot of utility.

2k for a remington 700? :shock:
Unfreakinbelievable!
I'd of sooner bought the primers I think. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay…the 700 was a “Classic” in one of the most desirable calibers…….it has the long action and unlike originals in that caliber bullets can be seated out and will feed. The originals had short actions which resulted in bullets taking up powder space.

Guns are up.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

No, I get it. But, wow!
I'm betting you made some profit on that puppy. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Gk, good luck trying to control what other people think or the outlook they choose.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Old Savage wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:08 am Gk, good luck trying to control what other people think or the outlook they choose.

I gave up on that a while back....most people are just too dumb and well beyond help and you can't change someone's mind if they haven't got one.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well now, we know that is too one way to be true but minds look at things in different ways. Disregarding other minds is not the road to understanding or how to deal with them. Strategy/tactics to the goal which probably best is go your own way. They have not won in their own minds.

I call this one - Sittin on a log at 10:17.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

At 75 years old I have tired of trying to understand folks who take a different view on life to me and just disregard them..... I get less headaches that way... :)
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Old Savage wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:29 pm
I call this one - Sittin on log at 10:17.

I thought you told me to “let the log float by.”

Back to miserable weather….2 days of solid rain.

Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

OS, it looks to me like a fuzzy stickman who's gone through a bottle of Bombay Gin.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well, if it’s any consolation, my day (yesterday) consisted of throwing dry ice in the pond and looking at stuff my wife’s friends send her.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Santa a little gassy? Least he did it outside.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Walt, on track! Gk, they are there whether you like it or not.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

OS, they were there before I was born and they will still be there long after I'm gone .

Please post some photos of the Desert 🌵 it's cold and wet here..

Six, I see Santa has been eating Brussel Sprouts again.... :lol:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Naaaa GK………because of the force of the gas from Santa, I’d have to say high protein beans straight from Mexico. Besides me, who thinks of making stuff like that….you can buy it……..

How about those guys who had a male sexual liaison in the Senate room?…….imagine the globs of gooey stuff all over the chairs and tables.

On all of these 10,000 illegals coming into the lower 48 everyday…..what’s the matter with Alaska? Plenty of room and no need for air conditioning…….and in reality, it’s only a hop and a skip to the Siberian gulags and good ole Mr. Putin……

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well, as my great grandmother used to say, "Its wild and wooly" here today.
Crazy amounts of rain and insane wind. I hate this kind of weather, especially in winter. Freakin limbs and trees down everywhere. There's 300k without power. That's a third of the states population. We lost ours for 2 hours, but it's back now. We usually never lose it at all.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well, you shouldn’t lose power as probably only 2 dozen people are hooked up to the grid.😝

Yea, very cold and super windy here too…ahh…..maybe low 40’s…..

Here it is 3:00 PM and I haven’t got dressed yet still walking around with my long johns on but on the other hand I’ve only been up for 2 hours….

Jay…on that big return on the 257……it was all profit as the rifle was given to me…..😜

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

68° here today.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well just got back in, and I'm soaked. Wind blew a dead tree down across the fence out back. Broke the tree off but messed up the fence. It's a 6' vinyl panel fence.
Broke one of the post lights, but it's still serviceable. Hit the top rail near a post and pulled the panel out of the post brackets and put a small pucker in the top rail.
I figured I'd better fix it while it's warm. Once it gets cold again they'll be no fixing it. Of course, as soon as I got out there it started pouring again.
I floated the panel on that side by removing the mounts. That took the pucker out. Then put it back in location all plumb and level.
This is why I didn't install these posts per the direction. They were 9 foot posts designed to be sunk and cemented 3ft. in the ground. That is stupid. If something happens and a post gets broken, well.....you're screwed.
Instead, I cut the posts to 6ft. Then I got some chain link fence galvanized end posts. I drove them in with a post driver. Then I put some hyfax donuts over the posts that just fit inside the 6" vinyl posts. They are screwed to the posts. The posts slide down over the donuts and screw to the donut. Now, if a post gets broken (like almost happened today), you just undo the panels, slide the post out, and replace it with another.
Easy peasy. Hick engineering.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Sounds like you did a good job despite the rain. Instructions have to be taken with a pinch of salt as there's always more than one way to skin a cat.
I was watching a video the other day and thought of you, it was some guy in Northern Maine called the East Grand Woodsman, boy he had a lot to say for himself.

OS I don't recall seeing any ducks in the desert but that Cholla Cactus is one mean plant to stay well away from, I couldn't make out what the Apache were signalling but it looked serious :?
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey hey there!
So some guy bragging himself up on YouTube made you think of me? :D
So I need to tone down my hillbilly boasting? :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jay, it was where he was that made me think of you but boy did he have view on what makes a woodsman... :lol:

My darn gun safe locked up again, seems it only does it when the gun is in there :?

Heatwave here 53f and only spitting with rain.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jay, it was where he was that made me think of you but boy did he have view on what makes a woodsman... :lol:

My darn gun safe locked up again, seems it only does it when the gun is in there :?

Heatwave here 53f and only spitting with rain almost like an British summer day.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. I was just hackin on ya a little bit.

Weird. Must be a "government approved" gun safe. Once a gun is in it, it won't open. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Weird. Must be a "government approved" gun safe. Once a gun is in it, it won't open. :D

I never thought of that but it makes perfect sense.... :?
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I tell ya…..listening to you guys chatter back and forth makes me think you two are the “ball brothers”, always hanging together…..

I know what GK would like……a small revolver with a 4” barrel in .22. Then a few boxes of .22 CB’s where the sound is like an air gun….then, when woodsloafing you carry a cheap air gun and just shoot the revolver. I could send you one in pieces and mix the gun parts in with other junk, like a few rossi’s.

We had 4.4 inches of rain according to my rain gauge…….the ground is saturated ……now it’s windy and cold, around 35. I remember the days when I didn’t care what the weather was, I’d be outside a half hour after getting up, hopping and skipping around the yard passing gas and laughing…….no, old age ain’t for sissies.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

It's as bad here as the flood of 87. We have power, but the kids don't. The oldest boy came over here and now can't get back across the island.....well, it ain't really an island now. It's 60 feet from the north channel bridge to the water, and the water is over it.
Bad everywhere, but I did make it to camp to check on it. Looks ok. Tarp blew off the tractor but that's it.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Six, I was watching a video on UK knife laws yesterday, apparently the police are now worried about "legal" knives that are being ordered from abroad and customs/ Border Force are X-raying packages and opening them if the knife looks suspicious, if it is indeed "legal" they repackage it and send to the buyer with a warning letter telling you that the police know you have a knife and that if caught with it outside of your property you will be prosecuted. This apparently is about Fantasy/Rambo knives that although "legal" have no useful purpose. Years ago I ordered a UK legal GaugeMate chamber adapter from the States it was intercepted by customs and repackaged and sent to me. The UK police are paranoid about weapons of any kind and the Courts back them up...
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Amazing GK……I think it’s more of a false narrative based on fear. Some years back I sold a nice Smith & Wesson 44 Russian to a guy in Canada……..all kinds of paperwork along with a locked metal box and huge declarations all over the package……the guy in Canada, Kirk D. told me nobody looked at it and the box came right to his house.

TONS of illegal drugs enter our countries everyday. I guess laws are only for law abiding folk like us.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Knife laws.......? Wow. That sucks.

Well the middle kid made it. The bridge at Norridgewalk was closed but everyone was still crossing so he went.
Now I got a little house full. Six adults, six dogs, and a baby.
We got the smallest house and everyone is here. But we're the only one with power.....or a generator apparently.

Hey Six,
I packed your old Ruger Flat top when I went to camp today. :D
Last edited by OldWin on Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jay, that's one of the disadvantages of being prepared.............. looking after the unprepared :lol: I hope things improve real soon.

I have two useless.32 rimfire revolvers that I'm hoping to swap for an antique muzzle loader of some kind, probably just a single barrel man stopper, just to hang on the wall obviously.
IMG_20180424_235954.jpg
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yup! I even have beer. Always have been.

Hey cool! Wear em butt forward on each hip and pretend you're Wild Bill! :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

“Wild Bill Gamekeeper”…..not bad….Ill vote for it.

It was so windy and cold here I didn’t even step out da doe.

“Packing” and “shooting” are different endeavors….you could have at least shot a few old refrigerators. For a precise aiming point, just aim for a previous bullet hole…..if there’s enough space between the old holes.

Spring yet?

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Not much of a Wild Bill without any ammo :( there is a kit for making .32 rimfire but the end result is not worth the time or cost. The government have banned a lot of obsolete firearms as the ammo is more easily reloaded.
I can buy antique muzzle loaders but the law forbids actually using them unless they are on your gun licence, meaning a lot of legal hoops to jump through, of course I would never consider firing one even though I do have powder, lead and percussion caps....cap n ball revolvers are very tempting but expensive if in safe firing condition.
So until my circumstances change for the better I'll stick with my one and only scatter gun....so I'm more of a Stumpy than a Wild Bill :lol:
normal_3bahyNMZFX.jpg