So True

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

So True

Post by COSteve »

3133359280528398843.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: So True

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes but my check knees light started to flicker in my teens! Now 40 years later the light is a constant bright glow! :lol: oh and they also make this weird crunching sound...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
rock-steady
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rock-steady »

Ain't that the truth. Long gone are my days of all day hiking, hunting and packing out game.

Today, I had to sadly stand and watch the grandkids play on the creek bank 'cause I couldn't walk down the little trail and get back up the bluff. :cry:
"People who need long explanations at moments when everything depends on instinct have always irritated me." ~ Guy Sajer
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

I hear ya,....2 new hips and 2 knees!
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

While my knees are decent, my back (L4 & L5) has been a problem since 1969 when I was wounded. For years it was just annoying, however, as I hit my 60s it started to be a problem. Now, for the last 16 years it's degraded steadily so woods walking on decent trails is all I'm good for these days and hunting is a long ago memory.

What's really annoying is that I can still walk on a decent surface for an hour or more with just a manageable soreness but if I stand still for more than 10-15 minutes I'm in enough discomfort that I've got to sit down and support my lower back till the pain and stiffness subsides. (Yes, when I do anything physical I have a dose or two of Ibuprofen with me always.)

I saw a saying recently that said, "You know you're getting old when you have Ibuprofen bottles on every floor in your home." I guess I've been 'old' since I was 22 because not only is it on every floor in the house but also in both vehicles as well. I've taken so much of it over the years for stiffness and inflammation that I'm likely a significant contributor to the drug's success.
Steve
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I think my "check everything quickly" light went on at 30! :shock:

It's not the years, its the mileage!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

One of the main signs of osteoarthritis is morning stiffness.

I definitely have that now..... and it SHURE ain't the same kind of morning stiffness I had thirty years ago, either.... :D :(
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

AJMD429 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:07 pm .

I definitely have that now..... and it SHURE ain't the same kind of morning stiffness I had thirty years ago, either.... :D :(
Yep, my doctor is on top of that and checks me every time I go in. However, he and I agree that most likely the stiffness is caused by the damage to my back when I was younger.

That said, I do have a bit of arthritis in my shooting shoulder that's developed in the last year. It's most noticeable when I'm shooting my most favorites, my leverguns, as they all have a relatively small, thin and hard metal buttplate.
Steve
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Knees and shoulders are stiff. Every time I lean over, it sounds like a string of firecrackers going off.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

My knees started cracking before I hit my teens, and to this day I still have no pain from it and 70 is just over the next speed bump.
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

AJMD429 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:07 pm .

roflmao :lol:
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot