Joe Pickett

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Joe Pickett

Post by Blaine »

Most of them "men" must drink Bud Lite....Never saw such a bunch of P'Whipped clowns in my life.
AND, they are trying to make hunters into frothing at the mouth blood-thirsty goons.
I'm not even through half way and I'll not watch another episode. :roll: :roll:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Joe Pickett

Post by Ray »

Had to look that one up as we have a joel pickette just down the road a piece.....

Once I kenned what channel airs it I remembered the kids had put an app on the tablet for the contessa to watch stuff about the windsor's on smithsonian. They're her distant cousins through the hapsburgs/bourbon/carlists connections. She's still miffed that they didn't send her invitations to the weddings/funerals etc. You aught to see the mean looks she gives me when I opine out loud that markle is one of the top ten sexiest pieces of fluff ever.

Yep, I've got the plus app where my profile avatar is sam elliot duded-up in character which is funny as I'm short and round and can neither grow a 'stache nor abide horses. My son's avatar is darth vader and the daughter -in-law is miranda cosgrove from the "I-carly" era which is funny as she is a lot older than that.

Anyways, prattling-on just to say I've got season one of this picket goomer right in front of me.
m.A.g.a. !
rock-steady
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rock-steady »

Joe Pickett has been a surprisingly good show to watch. The plot twists will keep you wanting to see what happens in the next episode.

Beautiful western scenery and a lot of gun related action.

Poor ol'Joe gets shot, run over or beat up all the time. He is even shot with an arrow and his horse killed by arrows.

Anyway, this is a better show than 90% of the rest of the swill on TV.

Season 1 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/9jnkZsgZYIE

Season 2 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/LR-jBs5vgc8
"People who need long explanations at moments when everything depends on instinct have always irritated me." ~ Guy Sajer
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

My wife is all caught up on the books and has given the show a middling rating after having read them first. She watches the TV show with my in-laws who also enjoyed the characters in the books. One thing I'll note, in the books he brings up a lot of contemporary issues ... for example the Sackett v. EPA case that was recently resolved favorably. He also has a lot of gun related stuff in the books apparently ... since my wife is constantly asking me questions about whether something he's saying is real or made up. So far, he's put very accurate info about guns and issues with the Feds in his works of fiction.

I expect the show runners have taken some liberties with the content to bend it to their liking.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

As usual, I'm the Lone Ranger :lol:
IMO, most everything bad that has happened to him was because of having his head up his butt and not paying attention to his surroundings. Oh, well....He's being canceled so I guess I'm not alone. 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

It's true he gets himself in trouble because he's running on emotion, the story is ok, but most of the "acting" seems forced. I'll continue to watch but it is annoying at times.
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Who is this guy? I still have a couple of his slide rules.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Yeah, I think the writing and production by Paramount / Spectrum left a lot to be desired. As usual, the books are better. I suppose there are a lot of sacrifices that are made when going from book to movie ... given the average movie run time. I would think less so for a TV series with eight to ten one-hour episodes to get it done in. But Hollywood apparently must meddle nonetheless.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sorry Blaine... Mrs. YK and I are "Joe Pickett" fans as well. First couple episodes were slow, but ever since then, the plots have been interesting with a lot of twists. But we're pretty much fans of any modern western law enforcement shows. :D
samsi
Levergunner 2.0

Post by samsi »

I evidently live under a rock since I've no idea what y'all are talking about. Now I need to go check this thing out.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I started it. But when he surrenders his weapon I figured it was another bit of hollywood BS.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

Tend to agree with Blaine on this one. Too many common sense gaffs as a LEO.
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Hey, I have the solution to being aggravated by what you watch on TV. DON'T HAVE ONE! I don't and I can think of so many things I'd rather be doing around my house than watching people pretending they're someone else.
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

samsi wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:51 pm I evidently live under a rock since I've no idea what y'all are talking about. Now I need to go check this thing out.
^^^^^^^^^
Ditto
Woodtroll
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Woodtroll »

After seeing several references to this show, my wife and I watched the first episode a couple of weeks ago. I was done about halfway through; it took her until the end of the episode before she decided she didn't want to watch any more. By then I was several chapters into a Robert B. Parker western! :wink:
Running the ridges and rivers of Virginia's southern Appalachians