The 5.7 x 28 thread got me wondering

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

The 5.7 x 28 thread got me wondering

Post by 4t5 »

If any one here shoots the 22 tcm from Rock Island , they offer pistols and bolt actions , and some yt gel test show better expansion from a pistol.
Going to one online ammo , showed a big ( cheaper ) difference in price, tcm being cheaper.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The 5.7 x 28 thread got me wondering

Post by 2ndovc »

That one is in interesting little round. I'd been looking for one of the bold action carbines, then couldn't find one.

I think Doc AJ has one.

jb

Just did a quick search on gunbroker and it looks like they've gotten some new stuff out. Going to have to look at this again. :shock:
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I got one sort of accidentally.

One of my favorite CCW guns from back in my “working evening shift in pharmacies” days is a ParaOrd P-14 (double stack 1911 14-shot 45ACP). I liked it because unlike a regular 1911 it fit my long skinny fingers. I always wondered if a 9mm could do faster follow-up shots once the ‘double tap’ thing became a thing. I had a shot-timer but my 9mm to compare was a Taurus 92, so although the “1911-style safety” was the same as the Para-14, the trigger was DA vs SA and so on. So I decided to get a 1911in 9mm to do a fair comparison, and see whether the 9mm was truly any faster for a reasonable double-tap (turned out not much difference in my hands).

Anyway, the Rock Island 9mm 1911 came with an extra barrel and spring (magazine is same) for the 22TCM.

It is a FUN round, and very easy slide-rack for beginners. Noisy, but I’d not shoot ANY handgun without muffs anyway. Supersonic, so fun at the range if you can shoot melons or cans full of soda. Very accurate due to minimal recoil and FLAT trajectory.

Not an ‘essential’ firearm to have, but definitely I’m glad I got it.

Should be a nice intermediate between the 22 Hornet or 218 Bee, and the 222 or 223 Remington and a better option in the 22 caliber centerfire realm for handguns than anything out there.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The bee beats the TCM , not by much but when was the last time you saw a semi auto pistol in 218 bee? :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I’ve shot a nice like new if not brand new Rock Island 1911 22 TCM at the Armsco/Rock Island indoor shooting range in Davao Philippines . The little cartridge is pretty much a 9mm necked down . They had one of the bolt action rifles at the range but for some reason they wouldn’t let me shoot it as it was on the rack for sale . The cartridge is quite pleasant but quite LOUD . I don’t think I’d choose the 22 TCM as my number 1 self preservation round but then again that wouldn’t be the 5.7x28 either . I think the 22 TCM like the 5.7x28 would make a very fun bolt action heavy barrel benchrest paper puncher .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

Armscor lists conversion kits for Glock 17’s and 1911’s as a cheap alternative.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I've been wondering which would be better, the Rock Island 9mm/22 TCM conversion or the new Springfield Prodigy.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:40 pm I've been wondering which would be better, the Rock Island 9mm/22 TCM conversion or the new Springfield Prodigy.
Not trying to be rude or negative , but if it isn’t a 1911 platform in usually not intrested . Rock Island from all I’ve seen makes a good product for the amount of scheckels you have to lay out . I don’t like the cerakote finish but it is what it is .
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

6pt-sika wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:09 am
Ysabel Kid wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:40 pm I've been wondering which would be better, the Rock Island 9mm/22 TCM conversion or the new Springfield Prodigy.
Not trying to be rude or negative , but if it isn’t a 1911 platform in usually not intrested . Rock Island from all I’ve seen makes a good product for the amount of scheckels you have to lay out . I don’t like the cerakote finish but it is what it is .
Hi Jason - not being rude at all. I am the same way; if it is not a 1911 platform (or maybe the P35 High Power), I really have little interest in semi-auto pistols. I do like my Sig P320, but it is probably the only striker-fired pistol I shoot well. I can't stand Glocks. The new Springfield Prodigy is a 1911 style pistol. To me the big difference between the two is the optics cut on the Springfield (point for them) and the ammo flexibility for the Rock Island (using either the 9mm or the 22 TCM - point for them). Well, and the price tag - the Springfield is about 4 Benjamins more than the last price I saw on one of the Rock Island models.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:52 pm
Hi Jason - not being rude at all. I am the same way; if it is not a 1911 platform (or maybe the P35 High Power), I really have little interest in semi-auto pistols. I do like my Sig P320, but it is probably the only striker-fired pistol I shoot well. I can't stand Glocks. The new Springfield Prodigy is a 1911 style pistol. To me the big difference between the two is the optics cut on the Springfield (point for them) and the ammo flexibility for the Rock Island (using either the 9mm or the 22 TCM - point for them). Well, and the price tag - the Springfield is about 4 Benjamins more than the last price I saw on one of the Rock Island models.
Jason ?????? Who’s that ???????
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

He meant Craig.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Wasn't me 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

6pt-sika wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:25 am
Jason ?????? Who’s that ???????
LOL!

This is what happens when you answer on a phone. Teeny letters!!!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I prefer the grip on a 1911 to that of a Glock.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost