44 Magnum Rossi I Bought

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
bcraig
Levergunner 2.0

44 Magnum Rossi I Bought

Post by bcraig »

Well Here are a few Pictures of the Rossi 92 44 Magnum I picked up Thursday.
It looks pretty good except for the screw holding the barrel band is a little burred from what looks like a incorrect fItting screwdriver was was used and a light scratch on the stock where I barely hit the bedroom door facing.
That wood whatever it is must be pretty soft.

Image Image

I will try to get the Humongous size pics a little smaller next time !
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Re: 44 Magnum Rossi I Bought

Post by 4t5 »

That should be a thumper on both ends !
Rumble.com/ hickock45
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

You'll undoubtedly have fun with that little rifle.

It's a can-do for about everything you might want or need from a gun:

- plinking, with everything from light 'cowboy' loads to full-house Magnum loads

- hunting, anything from groundhog to moose, with the right bullet and load

- home protection, from anything that 8-10 rounds of 44 Mag can deter

- target shooting, with appropriate games/rules and goals for that style gun (more fun than 'bench shooting' super accurate bolt actions to me)

- indoor shooting with primer-and-paraffin loads

- teaching young'uns to safely handle and shoot guns (probably the MOST IMPORTANT thing we all should be doing)

Lots of types and chamberings of guns have multiple uses, but in the long-gun category it is hard to beat a levergun for all-around use, and 44 Mag is very flexible. (if you don't already reload it is an EASY round to reload; the first 5,000 rounds or so I fired from a center-fire gun were 44 Mags loaded with the little Lee Precision 'mallet' kit)

Pair it up with a revolver in 44 Mag or a revolver or semiauto pistol in 22 LR, and you have everything covered...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Nice rifle.
bcraig
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bcraig »

4t5 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:30 am That should be a thumper on both ends !
I had a Marlin years ago and yea for sure it was a little kicker
With this Rossi which is lighter I spect that it will Kick even more.
I imagine I am going to keep it loaded with 44 specials as long as it with function well with them.
bcraig
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bcraig »

Rube Burrows wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:20 am Nice rifle.
While I like the looks of Blued as well I like this Stainless engraved and think the 1776 is very unique and fitting as a reminder.
Thanks for the compliment on the carbine
bcraig
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bcraig »

AJMD429 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:49 am .
You'll undoubtedly have fun with that little rifle.

It's a can-do for about everything you might want or need from a gun:

- plinking, with everything from light 'cowboy' loads to full-house Magnum loads

- hunting, anything from groundhog to moose, with the right bullet and load

- home protection, from anything that 8-10 rounds of 44 Mag can deter

- target shooting, with appropriate games/rules and goals for that style gun (more fun than 'bench shooting' super accurate bolt actions to me)

- indoor shooting with primer-and-paraffin loads

- teaching young'uns to safely handle and shoot guns (probably the MOST IMPORTANT thing we all should be doing)

Lots of types and chamberings of guns have multiple uses, but in the long-gun category it is hard to beat a levergun for all-around use, and 44 Mag is very flexible. (if you don't already reload it is an EASY round to reload; the first 5,000 rounds or so I fired from a center-fire gun were 44 Mags loaded with the little Lee Precision 'mallet' kit)

Pair it up with a revolver in 44 Mag or a revolver or semiauto pistol in 22 LR, and you have everything covered...!
I have reloaded on and off for years,mainly 44 magnum Jackets and cast with some 357 magnum and a few rifles
Last rifle I loaded for was a Mauser 98 Cigarette rifle with double set trigger that I could not find any ammo for that was not hot as I wanted it.
I reloaded a 150 grain Sierra 150 grain to about 2700 fps and was satisfied.

No doubt the 44 Magnum is very versatile either in factory form or reloaded.

More than likel I will mostly shoot 44 special in it if it will function fine with it.

I have never shot the parrafin bullets inside or out but I did once firelap a 44 magnum inside the house,was catching the bullets in a pillow with no penetration at all.
I dont remember if i was using Bullseye or Red dot but it was just 3 or 4 grains,first few tries the bullet did not exit the barrel and I drove the bullet out with with s small piece of dowel then I upped the charge a little and got it to exit the barrel.
I still have some Rcbs 44 Magnum dies laying around in some obscure place or drawer where I will probaly never find.
Sold or gave away an old Rcbs Rockchucker many years ago but decided to dabble with it again andbought a Lee Hand Press,scales Lee hand primer,I believe the only powder I have left is some H4895 that I used for loading the 8mm mauser .

Thanks for the information
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

:)
I remember playing around the reloading reloading room and put some 4895 in a 44 mag ( as much as it would hold under a 300 gr cast bullet, just for shits and grins . The bullets did leave the barrel, you could almost see them and if you were really really frugal you could get quite a bit to pour out of the barrel to reuse after firing. :mrgreen:
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
bcraig
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bcraig »

Bronco wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:51 pm :)
I remember playing around the reloading reloading room and put some 4895 in a 44 mag ( as much as it would hold under a 300 gr cast bullet, just for shits and grins . The bullets did leave the barrel, you could almost see them and if you were really really frugal you could get quite a bit to pour out of the barrel to reuse after firing. :mrgre

I will have to buy more powder of I want to load any more
I always usesd 296 for the hotter loads and Unique for the powder puff loads.