POLITICS - Justice...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Elkhunter1
Levergunner

POLITICS - Justice...

Post by Elkhunter1 »

In my opinio, this piece of absolute worthless ____ got off too easy and had I been one of the passersby he would have been dead before the cops got there.

TURLOCK, California (AP) -- Police killed a 27-year-old man as he kicked, punched and stomped a toddler to death despite other people's attempts to stop him on a dark, country road, authorities said.

The incident took place after 10 p.m. on a rural Stanislaus County, California, road.

Investigators on Sunday were trying to establish the relationship between the suspect and the child they say he killed Saturday night. The Stanislaus County coroner said the boy appeared to be between 1 and 2 years old based on his size, according to county sheriff's deputy Royjindar Singh.

"It's been a long night of wondering, 'Why?' -- not only for the officers and the passers-by who stopped and tried to help out, but for anyone. Why would somebody do this?" Singh said.

Singh said the coroner does not plan to confirm the identities of the suspect and victim until Monday. Because his injuries were so severe, the child will have to be identified through a blood or DNA test, he said. Watch why beating stunned police »

The suspect had a child's car seat in the back of his four-door pickup truck. The truck caught the attention of an elderly couple at 10:13 p.m. Saturday because it was stopped in the two-lane road facing the wrong direction, Singh said.

As they got closer, the couple saw the man beating the toddler behind his truck and throwing the child on the ground, according to Singh. Two or three other cars stopped, an unusual number to be passing through the remote area surrounded by a dairy, a cow pasture, a cornfield and a farmhouse, he said.

Don't Miss
KOVR: Man said 'demons' were in boy
KCRA: 'A long night of wondering'
Local coverage: Modesto Bee
Witness sought in killing of girls
"What we got from witnesses is he was punching, slapping, kicking, stomping, shaking," Singh said. "They tried to intervene and get involved, but their efforts really didn't have an effect. The suspect was engaged in what he was doing. He just pushed them off and went back to it."

A sheriff's helicopter responding to emergency calls from the area landed in a cow pasture at 10:19 p.m. carrying a Modesto police officer who shot the man to death after he refused an order to stop beating the child, Singh said.

Paramedics tried to resuscitate the toddler, who was not breathing when they arrived. The boy was taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

No children within the dead boy's age range have been reported kidnapped or missing in Stanislaus County, Singh said.

The killing happened on Bradbury Road about 10 miles west of Turlock, a city about halfway between Sacramento and Fresno.
Todd
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Justice...

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

I know that I was not there and don't know the circumstances, but how is it that a group of people can't stop some idiot from stomping a 2 year old kid to death. Why did they have to wait for the government to arrive before serious action could be taken? At least the proper penalty was administered and all of the money that would have been spent defending him can go to another cause.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

i have no doubt he would have stopped if ANY of us had been there; no doubt i would have stopped him, one way or another. no doubt at all.
cable
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Article I read was that it was an elderly couple that tried to stop the guy and he just shook them off.

I'm sure that any of us would have put a stop to the attack armed or not.
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

That's a good example why people should be the first line of defense for themselves or others. People have become so complacent and think the law or help is just around the corner.

Aged or not, someone with a piece could of possibly stopped that guy before he killed the boy. It's just sad. People need to wake up.
Old Law Dawg
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

traggic.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

That is truly tragic indeed. As noted, the answer to these situations is an armed citizen.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

An armed citizen who would use deadly force to save that child would be a hero to me. It saddens me that the two who did try to help didn't use some weapon, a tire tool for cryin' out loud, which might have saved the child. It is not wrong to use violence in defense of defenseless children who are being beaten and stomped to death.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

Stuff like this breaks my heart for different reasons, all of which are stated above. I just wish someone else could have come across him instead of whoever did. Very sad.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

If I ever get to the point where I am too old to plug some *** doing this, or too afraid and feeble to tackle the guy and put myself between the attacker and a child, please have my worthless butt dragged off into a field and shot.

This is where you grab anything at hand and step in like a momma grizzly protecting her young. No jury is the world would ever convict someone for taking that bastard out of this world!!!

I agree - he got off way too easy! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mich Hunter »

May he burn in HELL!!!! Breaks my heart.
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Mich hunter wrote:May he burn in HELL!!!! Breaks my heart.
+1 I am sure there is a special place in the afterlife for such evil :evil:!
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

How tragic.

I agree the scum got off too easy. I read one news story that stated the Police Officer commanded the man to stop the beating, the suspect then displayed his middle finger to the Officer, at which point the Officer shot him in the forehead.
NRA Life Member
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

TedH wrote:How tragic.

I agree the scum got off too easy. I read one news story that stated the Police Officer commanded the man to stop the beating, the suspect then displayed his middle finger to the Officer, at which point the Officer shot him in the forehead.
As it should be. The LEO should get a medal for great marksmanship - and having the guts to do the right thing immediately. Sad it didn't save the child - but hopefully it will save future children by making scumbags think twice before doing such evil - or ignoring the command of the LEO. I sure hope the LEO sleeps well and has no regrets - I know it must be hard to kill a "person", but this is a perfect example of a saying we have down here - "he just needed killin'"... :evil:
El Mac
Levergunner 2.0

Post by El Mac »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
TedH wrote:... I know it must be hard to kill a "person...
This thing wasn't a person. I'd have more pity for a coyote.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

El Mac, I couldn't agree more. This thing wasn't a person, and if anyone tries to put the officer on trial for the shooting, please pick me for the jury. I have very strong opinions, as most who know me will agree, and the one who killed the animal who was beating a child to death cannot ever deserve punishment for removing the animal from our midst. I would always vote in this case to exonerate the one trying to stop the beating.
D. Brian Casady
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Which is why I put the word "person" in quotation marks. "Animal" would have been much more accurate - but an insult to animals everywhere. Unfortunately, only the human animal seems to be capable of such wonton cruelity. Pretty nifty accolade for the "most intelligent species on the planet"... :cry:
El Mac
Levergunner 2.0

Post by El Mac »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Pretty nifty accolade for the "most intelligent species on the planet"... :cry:
Intelligence does not equate to morals.
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

The depravity of some human beings still shock me. The officer is a hero of the highest order.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

It's almost too bad he was killed by the police.

What would have happened to him in prison after what he did was "leaked' to the general population would have been much worse/more appropriate... :o
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

My prayers are with those traumatized by witnessing this......particularly the LEO and emergency personnel. Stuff like this will haunt those folks along time.

Wm
Elkhunter1
Levergunner

Re: POLITICS - Justice...

Post by Elkhunter1 »

Since I first read about this I've spent countless hours thinking about my own children. I was fortunate to be able to spend all day Sunday with them, they are my treasures. Yeah they make me mad at times and do dumb things, but my folks will tell you I probably did the same.

There is a lot of child abuse going on in this world today and by and large I worry we've grown complacent about it. Child abusers be they physical. mental or sexual are the scum of the earth and deserve nothing from a civilized society. Why have we allowed our country to become lax on pushment? Are we as citizens and taxpayers not allowed to demand a just and fit world to live and raise our families in? Where in the constition does it say that a convicted criminal is entitled to anything? Our prison system is overcrowded.. makes me belive that the threat of incarceration is not longer a deterent to crime. How about forced physical labor? Why do we have to pay these guys for their work? How about re-instating the death penalty and adding to the list of crimes that would qualify for it? I for one think the world would be a lot better off if rapists and child molesters quit breathing my air.

I'm sick and tired of just complaining about the problem and never seeing it get better. A society that lacks the ability to enforce order will quickly decay and crumble into anarchy. It's not too late.
Todd
El Mac
Levergunner 2.0

Post by El Mac »

Couldn't agree more Elkhunter1...
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Even though Kansas does not have a death penalty, they have a HARD 40 sentence. It is 40 years hard labor, no parole. At the end of 40 years if you are alive you walk out free. I would like to know how many live through it. I am curious because my Brother-in-Law's ex wife is doing a HARD 40 for murdering her third husband, and attempting to murder him. I wonder if she will live to get out at age 66.

The potential use of this sentence is that we could get some use out of the convicts. Have them do work such as building roads and whatever is just plain backbreaking or dangerous. I don't mind if they earn their food. Maybe we could get Joe Arpaio or someone like him to run a convict work program. I have never heard of him having an escapee. I only know what I have read of him, but what I hear, I like.
D. Brian Casady
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

piller wrote:Even though Kansas does not have a death penalty, they have a HARD 40 sentence. It is 40 years hard labor, no parole. At the end of 40 years if you are alive you walk out free. I would like to know how many live through it. I am curious because my Brother-in-Law's ex wife is doing a HARD 40 for murdering her third husband, and attempting to murder him. I wonder if she will live to get out at age 66.

The potential use of this sentence is that we could get some use out of the convicts. Have them do work such as building roads and whatever is just plain backbreaking or dangerous. I don't mind if they earn their food. Maybe we could get Joe Arpaio or someone like him to run a convict work program. I have never heard of him having an escapee. I only know what I have read of him, but what I hear, I like.
+ another on the death penalty for rapists and any child abuser.

66 - 40 is 26. She was only 26 when she was convicted for killing one husband and trying to kill your BIL's??? :shock: She had to be in her early 20's or late teens when she started (considering how slow our criminal justice system is!)
Last edited by Ysabel Kid on Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Yes, she was about 24 or 25, and she was 26 when the sentence started. She wanted to murder her third husband who was divorcing her and filing for custody of their son, and my BIL because he was filing for primary custody of their daughter. She was in a Satanic Cult, and I think she was just plain evil as she planned it carefully and rationally. She knew right from wrong and did not care.

I am sorry for going a little off thread and don't mean to hijack it.
D. Brian Casady