A little cold on the river today

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

A little cold on the river today

Post by 2ndovc »

Went out to take a few pictures today. The wind was still 30 mph or so, but down from the 50+ gusts and 30-40 sustaintained winds from the last 24 hrs. Temps are up to 7 degrees from the -3 yesterday. I know that's no big deal for a lot of you guys, but it doesn't happen all that often here.

This is the Vermilion river that's usually about 1' below the top of the docks. All the water has been pushed/ blown up to the east end of Lake Erie. Happens every few years, gets people that don't live along our lake a little excited. :shock:

Merry Christmas from the Great Lakes! :D
Looking forward to warmer weather!

Jason 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: A little cold on the river today

Post by Griff »

Merry Christmas right back atcha Jason!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

No Big Deal Jason.! :D . Fairport had a wind gust of 75mph yesterday , Lake Erie dropped 10 ' at Toledo yesterday and Buffalo had 20' waves at the east end . another day on the north coast. :lol: . Have a Great Christmas.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

.45colt wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:51 pm No Big Deal Jason.! :D . Fairport had a wind gust of 75mph yesterday , Lake Erie dropped 10 ' at Toledo yesterday and Buffalo had 20' waves at the east end . another day on the north coast. :lol: . Have a Great Christmas.
It was a wild one for sure. I'd say we're about 6'+ low here, but we're pretty close to the middle of the shore line. Only reason I was out today was to go get a quick look at a fire loss. I volunteered for storm duty this weekend since we didn't have any big plans. The kids will be over tomorrow, but won't be here for long. Daughter in law has a big family and they have to make their rounds with the little one.

Should have stayed home though. Took a header at the fire loss. Wasn't thinking about all the water they used to put the fire out. It was about an inch thick under the snow. Now everything hurts!

jb

Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

.45colt wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:51 pm No Big Deal Jason.! :D . Fairport had a wind gust of 75mph yesterday , Lake Erie dropped 10 ' at Toledo yesterday and Buffalo had 20' waves at the east end . another day on the north coast. :lol: . Have a Great Christmas.
I moved away from lake Erie 18 years ago to southern Ohio. These are some of the reasons. I hated what Erie did to our weather.
Click Click Boom
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I hear Ya Gobbler...We are getting slammed with snow all night and right now . because of the Lake though We don't have a freeze here until well in November. Got to take the good with the bad. Merry Christmas.
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

2ndovc wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:05 pm
It was a wild one for sure. I'd say we're about 6'+ low here, but we're pretty close to the middle of the shore line. Only reason I was out today was to go get a quick look at a fire loss. I volunteered for storm duty this weekend since we didn't have any big plans. The kids will be over tomorrow, but won't be here for long. Daughter in law has a big family and they have to make their rounds with the little one.

Should have stayed home though. Took a header at the fire loss. Wasn't thinking about all the water they used to put the fire out. It was about an inch thick under the snow. Now everything hurts!

jb
a little of jack daniels tennesee honey will fix that!
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Jason, you're a better man than I for putting up with that kind of cold. We're finally climbing back up toward 50 and the low 70s midweek after getting a taste of that arctic air and a low of 10. That'll do me for the rest of the winter, thank you. I find that aspirin and some good craft beers take the sting out of my aches and pains. 8)
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Yep that looks like winter alright.
Merry Christmas all, stay warm. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Thanks Guy!

Not as bad this morning as I expected. A little sore, but all good. At least I didn't break anything this time. :D

Gobbler,

I lived about an hour south for about ten years. As much as I loved that little farm, I hated being away from the water.

Hope you all have a great day!

Jason

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Friday the wind hit here with a vengeance. I'm surprised it didn't do more damage. Then the temperatures dropped like a rock. We didn't hit 30 yesterday, which is a big deal in the south. Today warmed up a little, maybe hitting 37. Lots of people without power and heat. I hope everyone stayed safe and warm!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Same here central Indiana
Screenshot_20221225-232608-521.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

It was cold here toooo, but not that cold. brrrrrrrrr
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

2ndovc wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:22 am Thanks Guy!

Not as bad this morning as I expected. A little sore, but all good. At least I didn't break anything this time. :D

Gobbler,

I lived about an hour south for about ten years. As much as I loved that little farm, I hated being away from the water.

Hope you all have a great day!

Jason
I lived in Medina for 25 years. It is the secondary snow belt and three inches of snow a day is normal with a NW wind. Now we live by Tappan Lake and we get maybe 20 inches a year.
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Yeah, Ohio is definitely weird. We're right on the western edge of the snow belt and just a couple miles east of the southernmost edge of the lake. We usually get the wind and the cold, but rarely get more than an inch or two. If you east and south of Erie county, the snow gets deeper as you go.
I wouldn't mind a place in the hills down there, but sailing is a bit more difficult. :D

jb 8)

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Looks a lot colder and icier than here South of Dallas.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost