Suicide Horse Race

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
roughcreek
Levergunner 2.0

Suicide Horse Race

Post by roughcreek »

I have not been to the Omak, Washington Rodeo and Suicide Horse Race. I am going this year, but have some questions. Where is the best place to be seated in the stands, other than behind the chutes, which is sold out. Where is the best position to observe the Race, Rodeo grounds or across the river?
This will be the only chance I have to go so want to maximize the experience. Any hints or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks, Roughcreek
Roughcreek
m.wun
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Suicide Horse Race

Post by m.wun »

Have not seen the race myself but I have seen where they come down the hill with the river
right at the bottom of it.It would be hard enough to walk down and then swim across.I used
to work in the Omak,Tonasket area during the spring time.There are places where you can
see whitails,muleys,pheasant,bears,and mountain goats all in one area!!!! Beautiful Place
What in the wild world of sports is going on here
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Suicide Horse Race

Post by BigSky56 »

Roughcreek, for the rodeo anywhere you can see good, the stands have worked for me, across the river for the race also if you have family(kids) going with keep them next to you EVERY year onlookers get run over and hurt bad by run away horses and wrecks and standing along the route puts you in that zone. Anywhere between the start and finish is a bad idea. danny