Browning B92 .44 mag question

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
haddon1
Levergunner

Browning B92 .44 mag question

Post by haddon1 »

Does anybody shoot .44 specials in their B92 what store bought ammo seems to work well? And has anyone used Browning 1886 barrel bands on their B92 .44 mag gun can they work? Thanks everyone!
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Re: Browning B92 .44 mag question

Post by Terry Murbach »

MY PAL'S B92 44 WOULD NOT FEED 44SPL AMMO. MY 357 B92 WILL NOT FEED 38SPL. PLEASE NOTE THAT NEITHER SECONDARY CARTRIDGE IS NOTED ON THE BARREL CALIBER MARKINGS.
MY MARLINS AND ROSSIS DO NOTE BOTH 44MAG/44SPL AND 357MAG/38SPL AND BOTH WORK JUST FINE.
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

My B92 will feed Winchester Cowboy 44 Spl factory loads if I work the lever "just right" -- not to fast or forceful.

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I believe the 1886 bands will be much too large in every dimension. If you are wanting to do away with the aluminum alloy bands, the closest thing will be Winchester 94 bands, most likely for 44 mag, but 30-30 bands can probably be dremeled out to fit the slightly larger 44 mag barrel. Try Winchester for parts, unless they sold all the spares they had. Last I talked to them they had what they figured was a 10 year parts supply.

I was going to swap out bands on mine, but they don't bother me any more.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?