Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by Sixgun »

.Image
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. That's a lot of people's problem. They are figured right to the cent on everything. One little thing goes wrong ......and whammy. They can't make it. Fools.
I actually drive little. You figure one week I drive one day, the next I drive 2.
I saw a lot of this coming, that's why we went back on the weekend shift. Lot less driving. It saves on everything.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey..I bet you can't figure out how I took a picture of my entire screen with my own iPad.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey you won!

I don't know.......screen capture? My phone does that.
I can't think of much at 230am. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Nice python! I had one years ago but when it was eating 25 bucks worth of rats a week, struck at me breaking 1/4" plexiglass and hit 9 foot long it went to a reptile zoo!

I put 50 bucks in my truck, 9.4 gallons. What gets me is diesel is easier to make or 'crack' than gasoline but it's always more expensive. Since everything travels by truck ( or rail) the cost of diesel fuel adds to everything we consume, always has always will . If the truckers would park their trucks for a week this country would go into mass panic. That panic would cause normal thinking people to take notice but all these abnormal morons in gubbermint would still blame putin, TRUMP, and bush! ( interesting, the iPad tried to capitalize putin but not TRUMP.)
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I decided to go to the hunting property and collect my ground blind and then do a little 22 shooting. Took the 77/22 and my 10/22.
Out of the 77 I shot CBshorts, Rem std vel shorts, Rem hi vel shorts, Eley std vel, Eley sub sonic, old CCI std, new CCI std, CCI mini mag, Rem thunderbolt. 5 shot groups at 55yds( where the bench was left) ( I gotta build a new bench that a guy can actually get comfortable in.)
Anyhow, the Eley std velocity stuff is good but not as good as the CCI std.
20220320_123308.jpg
Disregard the far left as that was a fouler between different makes of ammo. The 2 high bullets i heard a difference in report and the hole is 8 rounds out of the 10 shot group. I know the gun can do much better off a solid & stable bench without 15mph gusts!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Wow, that's pretty good Gunny. 55 yards is a good distance. At least when talking the ability to kill something with a 22. I can't get that kind of accuracy out of mine, but I haven't tried that many types of ammo. I usually just use CCI Mini Mags. My kid uses subs a lot for squirrels in Kodiak.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

You got a winner there Gunny.....(can I have it?).....I read where match ammo is nothing more than GOOD ammo made slower.....CCI is the best of all regular brands....

Yea...never could understand that business with the diesel fuel either......easier to make with one less procedure.....

People should stop whining about the cost of gas as I said earlier it's probably a $25 increase for the average person.....ITS FOOD where people should be bitch'n about......

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

A good match 22 rifle should do 1/2" or better at 50 yards.....Gunny definitely has a winner there........maybe I missed it ...what kind of a scope did you put on it?

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ita a Burris 4-12.
I shoot at the highest power the scope will go. With a cloudy sky and the light behind me I could see every bullet at 12x.
Yeah its a good shooter, think ill keep it!
My 10/22 isn't quite as good a shooter but its plenty accurate for squirrels. Its on its second bull barrel and i dont remember what brand it is!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Remember when you were satisfied with a $9.99 3/4" .22 scope?. With any gun with accuracy to be shot at long range a $6-800 is my minimum. I only have one Nightforce......a $2400 job but after fooling with these anything less is junk.

I really do need to get out and shoot.....been living in the past since this Covid S. started.

Right now I'm on a magnet fetish.....

Thinking about getting something like this to kill time:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YVYZSsNDSVg

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Talk about fun! A magnet like that and you could cause all sorts of trouble!
I remember playing with an electro magnet from Dads erector set when I was a kid. It disappeared out of the erector set...

Seriously though you should take up magnet fishing, ya might find a cannon ball, musket or sword down there in revolutionary land.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Magnets?
You'd flip out here. We lift 8×8×10ft bars of steel onto the saw racks with magnets. Yup. They got some sack.

Scopes....
I really don't have many. Most are straight 2x or 2.5x. A couple 1-4 and 1.5-5. I think one 2-7.
I do have one of the old Springfield Armory 4-14×56mm range finding scopes. I only use it to test a load now and then.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Gunny...day late and a dollar short......my wife's cousin used to live directly across the street (about 12' wide) from the Sandy Hollow battle field.....mmm...maybe a half mile from the Birmingham Friends Meeting Quaker House where a lot of soldiers are buried...both sides........they used to find cannon balls all the time....they had a pile of them we saw back in the early seventies......I wasn't interested...didn't know any better........40 years later my wife's cousin sold the farm for like 7 mil and then the bulldozers came and rearranged everything.......those cannon balls are probably 40 feet deep now.....the Sandy Hollow battleground is still there but it's actually a privately owned horse farm.....old money .....nobody is getting on there.

Do you know how much an authenticated Revolutionary cannon ball will bring? In later years her cousin got bad into drinking...like so bad it killed him at 52.....his last five years of his life were spent in a T bar near Philly so you can guess where everything went. He was "filthy rich" always driving a new Lincoln with some scabby looking hoe next to him......yea, he was married but his wife was a bigger drinker than he was......she died a few years later at 50 something but she looked 80 something....

Well, well,.......I have the calculator out and am figuring the correct dimensions for a buffalo coat to hold one of those big magnets at Jays plant......I figure if we sewed Jays current coat up with four others and then hid the whole mess in the dooryard we be good-to-go....electro magnet I assume.

These are 200 lb pulling pressure and if I stick them face to face your not pulling them apart without sticking a screwdriver in the hole.......for real...thinking about a 500 pounder pulling strength just for poops and giggles....next time Jay stops down I'll put in on the flattest part of his Hemi truck I can find.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Those magnets ain't as big as you'd think buddy.
The big one is up in the other building cause they moved the saw up there (didn't hurt my feelings).
They use these to load parts in the machines. They are rated to 500lbs, but would probably lift twice that.
I don't know what the big one was rated for, but it lifted thise big bars no problem. It was less than twice this size.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Not 3.5 miles from here is a foundry that dates back to the late 1700s, I know the place supplied most of the cannon balls for the civil war, not sure about the revolutionary war. Supposedly there are still tons of balls there yet. The place is still in operation, expanded and now makes bends, elbows, sweeps and other fittings for nuclear plants & war ships. They developed a system to press huge chunks of pipe into bends. I was there once delivering lumber and I saw a hydraulic press that was marked 100,000 lbs of force. Might be stuff Jay is machining?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

No. I just do gas turbine blades now.
They used to make all the compressor parts and casings over at the diaphragm shop years ago. I don't think they have for years now. I've never worked over there. Lot of welding, big VTL's and vertical boring machines over there.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

You guys do a lot......working, shooting, snowmobile riding, motorcycles, dogs, going out to eat, drinking bourbon, staying calm, new Colt Pythons.......

I don't do nuttin except pass gas. Today I have to drive 12 miles each way to get the oil filter I forgot to get last week for the Kubota Zero Turn.....I don't trust cross reference filters......expensive engine....

Went to bed at 2-3 and up at 7....slept about 4 hours....one of those days....tried going back to sleep but it didn't work so f.i..drank a mega coffee.

Jay....you study ww2....so do I........what Putin is doing is similar to what Hitler did......invading the Sudetenlan, and no one didn't do nothing.......Crimea in 2014.....killing innocents and no one does nothing........a nut for a leader....an Anglo with a chink ally.....sure looks like ww3 is coming.......

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Magnets, you want magnets, they’re all over the fridge.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

You are correct in your observations Six. Human nature doesn't change. There are only a few different types of people, and throughout time they all want the same things.
The biggest difference I see with the expansion of Nazi Germany is twofold.
First, the Russian people have a better standard of living than many Germans in post WW1 Europe. Germany was at a low point in economics and national pride. Hitler was giving improvement in both to the average German.
I don't think Putin is really accomplishing this, and while I'm guessing, I don't think he has the same support of the population that Hitler did.
Second, many of the countries Germany first absorbed were done without firing a shot. He was welcomed with open arms or at the very least with grudging acceptance. Not only by them, but by the rest of the world. Remember, most of the territories under the Soviet sphere of influence welcomed the Nazis as liberators. Much of this is never mentioned today, but it is very true. There were entire divisions of the German army and SS made up of foreign volunteers. Putin is not going to enjoy this level of support.
Now....as far as the European countries making threats and proclamations.....this is BS, and a matter of them threatening with our sword. Pretty much like it's been for a long time. At least since the post WW2 Era. The biggest difference is we don't have the presence we used to in Europe.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Hi Guys. I read up on all the stuff that I missed over the weekend. I put $60 of diesel in my truck Saturday 11GALLONS oh boy! well it was cheap compared to the 4 injectors I had to put in :shock: . I got to go pick up my TED Williams 100 that I had rebored to 38-55. haven't gotten to shoot it yet but I was happy to get it back. I finally had a use for one of those dumb side scope mounts for the 94. I am scoping it just for load development then I have a Williams receiver sight for it. Gonna be a general knock around gun without a lot invested. paid $300 for the gun and $120 for the rebore. Have a great day gentlemen.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey FW!
If you haven't had any experience with the 38-55, you are in for a treat! This will be your new favorite cartridge.
When you look at the production number for the 38-55 in the 1894 Winchester, it looks like they made relatively few.
They must have ALL came to Maine. The 38-55 was wildly popular here. Most 26" rifles you encounter here will be in 38-55. No kidding. The 32-40 is scarce here, however.
Whether using cast or jacketed, I've always gotten my best results from IMR3031 for mid to full power loads. It is usually best to stick with 255gr or heavier bullets in my experience, also. Hornady made a 220gr for the 375 Winchester that will work, but I never got great results with it. Good enough for hunting in the woods, but eh....
Yup. I love the 38-55. :D
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Thanks Jay. I have a 26 inch Model 1894 and a 26 inch 1893 in 38-55 but those I value higher than a Ted Williams soooo for $120 bucks I now have a less desireable 38-55 that I can toss around without quite the same regard. I actually saw a model 336 that had the same treatment on GB and they were asking $700 sooo I figure I have a bargain. Loading some Unique, 5744, and 3031 loads tonight to see how she does. Kinda weird to have a scope on a 94. Lots of my Marlins have scopes but NONE of my Winchesters do.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey T Bone...stop at "Sixgun's 38-55 Supply House".......it's right next door to "Colts 'R Us" and down the street from "Nice Guns With No J.U.N.K. in Stock".

Jay....already said this...never thought we'd ever see a WW2 style war.......

Yea...those liberal Europeans are as two face as they come....I like what you said, "making threats with our sword"....I guess if things get bad France can always throw hardened snails at the Russians.

........drove up and got a oil filter for the little Kubota...($17!)....

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hers one of the thing we have been working on,
20220321_143554.jpg
Finished last week and then started on the entry way,
20220321_143603.jpg
I was up on the scaffolding when my phone kept ringing...text messages from some nutcase(Tom) so I had to STOP working and replyREPEATEDLY! :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Nice looking project.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

We have a whole heck of a lot more work to go, some more wood outside then vinyl siding( yuck) and the whole inside.
This house was a prefab, completely gutted. Over the winter an addition was built, new roof framing on the whole place. Will be a 3or 4 bedroom , everything new, plumbing,electric, heat/ac, kitchen the whole shebang!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Sad day today. Just heard from my nephew. He got home from work today to find his dog passed away. Its tough to loose your best friend, even harder when its your very own dog.
Copper was a Husky, such a gentle soul. God speed !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I've said it before...you are talented past what regular people learn in carpentry school....that's master work! You will never have to worry about work as jobs like that are always in demand.....ask the owner if I can live there.....after the work is completed. I see you guys have it boarded up to keep "people" from walking around inside to see what they can steal after the sun goes down......

Ive buried 22 dogs and it never gets any easier....in fact, as I age, it gets harder......"Jaws" is finally coming out of heat and I didn't get bit today.....

You see the news? Two state cops helping a guy on I-95 and a drunk "sister" comes along and kills em all.

Then the Philly cops caught this 15 year old bro who's been shooting up the neighborhood the last week. Then last night he walks up to 2 young girls in a car and the girls rolled down the window to see what he wanted and he opened up and shot the car and the girls to pieces......the girls are still alive but have extra holes in them.......so now you want to know what happened to the 15 year old bro who did all the shooting....he was released in the custody of his parents.....

Just another day in Philly

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nice work Gunny! Looks great.
Man that sucks about the pup. Six is right, the older I get, the harder it is. I'm already worried about Zoey. I'm not going to do well.

Holy smokes! I don't see how people can live in places like that. All I can think of is that movie "Falling Down". I don't know how people don't just start killing these animals.
I'm gonna stay up here.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Thanks Six, yes I can usually make it up as I go and it turns out pretty good!
I did a trim job for friends, each window had 9 different mouldings. After I finished the first one the owner and I were looking at it and the electrician comes over and was marveling at the details. I looked at him and said "not bad for my first day huh?"

No it doesn't get any easier.

Just another reason why I stay out of cities !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Your welcome.......everyday this S is happening......in da city, not here.......here, we's got guns.....we don't like loud cars either......about the only good thing about liberals is that most of them have money so they live clean and have quiet cars....yea, even if they are imported EV's.... :D

gunny talks about the detailed moulding..........that's another thing I've noticed as I've aged...less patience for detailed work....if I can do it with a 32 ounce ball peen hammer it don't get done.

Here's one for Old Savage....might explain my behavior.....I kiss NO a.....because I don't have to. :D ---006

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-s ... Kz#image=1

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yeah I saw that the interview is tonight, gotta fight off the sandman to watch it... wait I have a DVR! Set and ready, now I can watch Barney Miller!! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Whoever finds the Lets Go Brandon car badges please share the link!!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

WOW! Did you see the video of the Texas tornadoes yesterday? Specifically the pickup that got flipped then spun around and then flipped back on the tires and the guy drove away!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Holy smokes! I don't get it.....hoe can it be better to have to deal with that instead of snow? Oh well.

Well, I did some parts swapping last night. Got a couple of cast 94 carriers out to my buddies shop. I swapped one into my beater 94 carbine I did the wood over on last year. It had one of the crappy stamped ones. I tried both to make sure they'd work. Gonna send the other one to my kid. One looked new, so I'm going to send him that one. He depends on his rifle more than I do. I'm not going to get eaten by a brown bear here.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

But you could be trampled by a momma moose!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

fordwannabe wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:15 am But you could be trampled by a momma moose!
That is true. Have been on an occasion or two. My buddy came close last week when we were riding sleds in Jackman.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I was on a logging road about 10 miles out of Eustis Me in an old crew cab, when out of the woods on my left (the woods were thicker than cool guns in Jack's basement) came a Momma moose with NO warning. I slammed on the brakes, the momma sped up and we just barely bumped front bumper to right hind quarter. JUST bumped, but it could have been bad for everybody!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I've seen a few moose in Canada, most from boats. One of which was a bull that we paddled up to in a canoe. Once he realized we weren't another bull he swapped ends and took off tearing out spruce trees roots & all ! My buddy shot what we think was the same bull that fall, went #15 or 16 P&Y .
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yup. I've had some close ones! I was on rt201 just above The Forks one night in early October. There was a monster bull in the road that wouldn't let my old pickup by. Then I noticed his girlfriend in the ditch. I realized he thought that truck was a challenging suitor. He was pawing the tar and swinging his head.
I had a 6" model 629 leveled out the window as I slowly backed up. Luckily, he left after a few minutes.
On that same trip, we were headed into Dead Stream pond to the camp of a friend. It was about 15 miles in off the Capital rd. We had to drive through a beaver pond that had flooded the road and there was a big bull standing in it that watched us go by. The next morning, I was talking a walk for partridge before breakfast. I ran into a guy staying at a camp up the road. He came in a little while after us and that same bull dropped his head and went right down the side of his Ford pickup. Stove that thing all heck.
Moose are unpredictable.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh yea!!' I saw a moose one time (big bull) but it only had one eye and it was hiding in thick brush inside my pants!

Oh yea! I bought an oil filter yesterday that was $7 last year but was $17 yesterday!!!

Sure is weird sitting here and only seeing an occasional car go down the road......I bet the college professors are giggling.

I'm at a loss for words today....bored.....mom wants to go to Costco........grass is growing.....another week and I'll be cutting.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. 7 to 17 bucks. That's how much less our money is worth this year.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay,
it's crazy all over....fuel, ammo, food...everything.....

Because of my lifestyle, it's not hurting me and I'm sure not you either......hell, you and I could live in the woods if we really needed to............on this next thing tell me if I'm wrong as you have excellent insight...by printing up money and giving it away, that's what they call, "spreading the wealth". In other words, Biden is outright taking our money and giving it to illegals and other lazy people but he's doing it in a sneaky way....

OK, I was watching this new nomination to the Supreme Courts opening statements and they really sounded good. She is devoted to family values ...has a mom and dad who told her she could do everything and anything she wanted to do in life....I said to myself, "she's OK, it should be a "go".

THEN, I find out she sits on a school board that supports CRT and she even started this thing called "Woke Kindergarten" for 5 year olds!!! WTF!!!!' WOKE KINDERGARTEN?" WTF is that? Schools are supposed to TEACH, not INDOCTRINATE.

Woke Kindergarten??? !!!' Amazing---00

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. They know throwing out money they don't have helps them twofold.
First, it buys the next election for them because the people getting the "free money" are too stupid to know what it really means.
Second, it basically turns our money into rubles. Worthless, with nothing but debt behind it. This removes the ability of the people to be in control if their own destiny.

Politicians look at these 3rd world countries with starving people living in squalor and the "leaders" living like royalty and it makes their mouths water. Ultimately, they want to be in total control, and appear as gods to the starving, ignorant peasants. They can toss them a few scraps and get them to do anything.
Anyone who doesn't believe this is fooling themselves.

You don't even have to watch. ANYONE they nominate for the Supreme court is going to be a big government commie just like them. See my comments above......
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

If its the "judge " im thinking about she also doesn't see child porn as a crime! Meaning if you are arrested and you are caught with that on your computer she doesn't see that as a crime. Then Joe scumbag walks away next Joe scumbag pulls a Michael Jackson and is having sleep overs with 7 yr olds - then is it a crime?
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that a FEDERAL CRIME?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

It's only a federal crime for the "little people".

Again......see my comments above.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Incrementalism.......(did I just coin that word?...just added an "ism").......OK, the high class hoe says it's not a crime to have it on your computer and she WILL get many to agree with her......THEN, the weirdo's take it to the next level....not to mention the market it would create for the m.f. who make money on this S.

When my daughter was growing up my wife kept things from me....nothing serious, just disgusting talk from other people who said things in my daughters presence........my wife didn't tell me because she knew she would be without a husband....yea, I would have killed the garbage.......had anyone ever did it in my presence I wouldn't be here right now writing....I'd be doing 30-50.

There's not a child of any race, creed or color that can be any safer than when that child is next to me.....and I know you guys to feel the same way...we protect the young and innocent no matter who they belong to. But.....children do annoy me sometimes with their endless energy. :D

Nope, this wannabe high class hoe has to go......"woke kindergarten"...."ok to have child porn".......still don't believe it......well, at least the dumb m.f. admitted it.....shame on any senator who votes yes.

Getting my nerve up to go to Costco.....that 1.8 mile drive and parking next to the building (handi-cap) is stressful. :D

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. That is what kills a nation and its soul. And trust me, that is their goal.
And yeah. There'd be nothing better than to go full caveman on these losers.
Last edited by OldWin on Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Is that why my knuckles are always bloody, I've gone caveman? I'm a proud knuckles dragger!! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!