Gas and ammo prices

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Gas and ammo prices

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

How soon do you expect ammo prices to rise due to increased fuel costs?
Oldncrusty
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Gas and ammo prices

Post by Oldncrusty »

Tomorrow.😁
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

With this war and more wars on the way I don't foresee anything being normal for 5 years....and that's if the wars stop this year, which they won't.....the cheapest price is right now and will climb steadily.

It's no longer a "war might happen" which raised prices and availability.....it's here, now.

I bought a case of oil (12 quarts) for the Kubota today...$66.....

I figure in about 2 months primers will be bringing $5-800 a thousand and that's when I'll start selling them....with shipping added of course.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

from what I've seen at local outlets ammo already was inflated. Not sure they can sell any if it gets much higher! I refuse to even use my Cabelas points to get it for free at the prices they have currently. I'll keep saving my points and use them on a smoker, or non ammo items.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha......normal.
We'll never see that again. I'm betting even the manufacturers don't want it. Guaranteed 100% sales with no inventory.

The firearm manufacturers probably do, however. Pretty soon, gun sales will plummet. No sense buying guns you can't get or afford ammo for.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Marlin2henry
Levergunner

Post by Marlin2henry »

My gunshop had no primers for 2 years. Now they have piles of them but in 2 months there have been very few takers at $90+. I am saving all of mine with the intention to recharge them.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Stock up now. When the dems get their way and eliminate cash, it'll be great barter material for the necessities! Include reloading supplies, it'll be like printing your own money!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

I dont think it matters what is linked to fuel. Folks forget the elephant in the room that normal business in the world was hamstrung for near two years, a bunch of small business has been gobbled up. The result is inflation across most sectors and to he honest the damage still hasnt hit yet.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

INFLATION isn't measured by price, inflation is the devaluation of the dollar by printing money that isn't earned by the economy. it is passing debt onto our grandchildren, and the burden of the unpayable debt devalues the dollar. inflation erodes the buying power of the dollars we have, and we see that as price increases. no one on t.v. will say that the real effect of inflation is to make our dollars, the ones we earned, much more worthless today than they were yesterday. but that's what's happening.
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

I haven't seen normal since the day I was born! :? :?
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

"Normal" is just a setting on the clothes dryer.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Marlin2henry wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:31 pm My gunshop had no primers for 2 years. Now they have piles of them but in 2 months there have been very few takers at $90+. I am saving all of mine with the intention to recharge them.
I have started to save my spent primers too... :evil:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

JimT wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:13 pm "Normal" is just a setting on the clothes dryer.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

It certainly isn't people! I have started traveling again on business and it is a daily freak show! :shock:
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:23 pm It certainly isn't people! I have started traveling again on business and it is a daily freak show! :shock:
No doubt. I see it every day. Can't explain it, but it is there every day.
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:23 pm
JimT wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:13 pm "Normal" is just a setting on the clothes dryer.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

It certainly isn't people! I have started traveling again on business and it is a daily freak show! :shock:
OH MY GOD! THE WALLMARTIANS HAVE ESCAPED! :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: