POLITICS - LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

POLITICS - LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE

Post by J Miller »

OH boy, this is a hoot!!!!! Talk about a liar. Read this:

From the Billings Gazette; http://www.billingsgazette.net/articles ... andgun.txt
Story available at http://www.billingsgazette.net/articles ... andgun.txt

Published on Saturday, May 31, 2008.
Last modified on 5/31/2008 at 12:36 am
Clinton changes handgun position

By JENNIFER McKEE
Gazette State Bureau
HELENA - Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Rodham Clinton told Montana reporters Friday that she no longer favors national handgun registration and licensing, even as she supports such measures in her adopted state of New York.

"What I came out for was the New York law," the U.S. senator said in a noon conference call Friday. "I don't think there is any contradiction between defending Second Amendment rights and trying to keep guns out of the hands of" criminals and the mentally ill.

In 2000, as she was beginning her campaign for senator from New York, Clinton came out as first lady in favor of licensing and registering of all new handguns sold in the United States. She also supported a bill that would create a registry of all guns sold in the U.S., along with requiring buyers to get a license and undergo a background check.

Clinton said Friday that guns are "reaping all kinds of damage" in some parts of the country and that governments there ought to be able to license and register handguns if it makes streets safer. But she said such laws may not be appropriate in Montana.

A spokeswoman for the campaign later confirmed that the senator has changed her opinion on handgun registration since first running for public office eight years ago.

The Clinton campaign convened the conference to unveil Clinton's "Solutions for a Stronger Montana" program. The plan includes Clinton's ideas for

health care, plans to recruit new health care workers and a plan to eliminate the controversial No Child Left Behind law, among other initiatives.

Clinton has waged a hard-fought race against Illinois Sen. Barack Obama, who leads Clinton in pledged delegates. Both camps have released Montana-specific plans and have made campaign stops in the days preceding Montana's Tuesday primary.

Such attention is unprecedented. Montana and South Dakota host the last primary elections in the nation Tuesday, and presidential nominating races are usually decided months before Montana's elections. The margin between Clinton and Obama is so thin that Montana's 17 Democratic delegates are highly sought after.

During the press call, Clinton also stressed her campaign's position that she is a better Democratic candidate to go against Arizona Sen. John McCain, the likely Republican nominee.

"People have to ask themselves, 'Who would be the stronger candidate?' " she said.

Regardless of Tuesday's outcome, she said, the unusually long Democratic nominating process has allowed Western states like Montana to get answers on issues important to them.

"It's a critical opportunity for a national discussion on problems that don't get much discussion," she said, "like the problems facing Indian Country" or how to develop Western coal reserves without harming the environment.

Copyright © The Billings Gazette, a division of Lee Enterprises.
She must be getting desperate to spin a yarn like that.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Marlin .35
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Marlin .35 »

Thanks for posting!! But, I had to have my feet off the floor, as there was too much bull**** comming from that speach!!! She will do and say anything do get votes!!!!! No truth at all!!! Art
Dead Calm is alive and well!!!!!!!
Jayhawker
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Jayhawker »

But some will believe it, I'm sure.
Well done is better than well said.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I've heard all SORTS of people say they feel Clinton and Obama are "OK" on guns.

Whatever the left-leaning media says, most people believe! :evil:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Talk about spin!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Hobie wrote:Talk about spin!
Makes ya dizzy, don't it?

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

She is a lying witch--- after election she would return to her 'true' position!
Wes
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Wes »

Typical politician. It's easy to tell when her and Hussein Obama are lying though: it's when their lips are movin.
MtnGun
Levergunner

Post by MtnGun »

Wes,

PM sent.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Did her nose end up poking anyone in the audience with that series of whoppers? :shock:
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Wow, I guess those people hunting ducks with their old rifles must feel proud. :roll: :roll:
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Did her nose end up poking anyone in the audience with that series of whoppers? :shock:
Goodone :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

i don't trust hillary...i trust obama even less...IMO, obama is a "sleeper" muslim, a "black power" advocate/supporter among other things.

if either of them gets into the white house, this nation will suffer as never before.

mccain is certainly not the ideal choice but he beats obama and hillary by leaps and bounds.
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Ya'all know where I can get me a huntin' license? Anyone remember that famous question/quote from a camo clad Yankee blue blood past Pres. candidate. His initials are J.K. Why do soooo. many libs. come from the Northeast? Is it something in the water or are they just smarter than the rest of us? Maybe they are smarter because so many people take the bait. The pants are an inferno. The beautiful people. Don't you believe it! 1886.
PaulB
Levergunner 3.0

Post by PaulB »

mccain is certainly not the ideal choice but he beats obama and hillary by leaps and bounds.
No he doesn't. He's as big a liar as she is.

Keep putting makeup on that pig. :roll:
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

buckeyeshooter wrote:She is a lying witch--- after election she would return to her 'true' position!

She would just change her mind yet again, right? The woman is so deranged in her head from lusting for power and lusting to be the big cheese. I just hope the whole family will go away now, gone---and soon forgotten. I want to be sick to my stomach over new faces, not the face of any Clinton.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Looks like Obama has the Dem nomination wrapped up after today, and Hillary is already positioning for the number 2 slot. I don't think Obama is that stupid - who would want to have a food taster around and constantly be looking over their back with Hillary and Bill around? Still, the party faithful are an ignorant lot (look who they are nominating), and they may demand Hillary be the VP. I hope so - it will be fun to hang her and Bill with everything they've done - and won't disclose - over the years since they left the White House! :twisted: