POLITICS - OY, Britons! Any of you blokes march?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

POLITICS - OY, Britons! Any of you blokes march?

Post by Old Ironsights »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGVAQOUi ... -guns.html

Good vid... Maybe the start of a new Revolution?
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Sorry old irons, I have screwed up my settings some how and can not watch vids for now (techno phobe). All I know is Brit is sinking fast and I think it'll get far worse before it rolls over completely. People do seem to be thinking and talking about more redical measures than I have ever known. British rule is tyranical in the extreme, everything we can or can not do is dictated to by government and we are accordingly taxed to the hilt. Untill folk decide to make fire it'll not change.
Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

The vid is of a pro gun/hunting march somewhere over there, followed by an extensive discussion of post-ban violent crime & Tony Martin.

Good Vid.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

The last quip, "Freedom is only for those that have the guts to defend it", pretty much sums it up.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Griff wrote:The last quip, "Freedom is only for those that have the guts to defend it", pretty much sums it up.
+1 :D
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Nath wrote:...British rule is tyranical in the extreme, everything we can or can not do is dictated to by government and we are accordingly taxed to the hilt...
No kidding. :evil:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,358527,00.html

A 47-year-old British woman has been told by her city council that the 2-foot-deep wading pool in her yard must have insurance coverage and a lifeguard, The Daily Mail reported.

Lourdes Maxwell, who has put the wading pool in her yard every summer for her kids, grandchildren and neighbors for 24 years, was shocked by the "pathetic" ruling.

The health and safety ruling from the Portsmouth, England, city council came after Maxwell wrote to the city asking for permission to put in a bigger pool. She was told that it was too dangerous, and she must empty her existing wading pool, according to the Mail.

The council eventually softened its stance, saying that Maxwell could have the wading pool, but only with a licensed lifeguard and insurance.

"I asked around for insurance and they just laughed at me,â€
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
JP_TX
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JP_TX »

It's a pity, but true nonetheless, if citizens are prepared to bend over and grab their ankles on command, then there will always be a bureaucrat who will be willing to "follow them too closely"...

JP
JP_TX
444 Marlin
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

:x While it is tempting to laugh - or to just shrug - this sort of nonsense increasingly upsets me. The arrogance of these types of politicos must eventually be paid for, or it will only continue. We're not too far behind the Brits right here.

I think alot of us get just a little bit angrier every time we see this sort of insanity taking place. The question is, what's the breaking point? - DixieBoy
When the People Fear Their Government There is Tyranny; When the Government Fears the People There is Liberty.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

That march took place a few years ago and yes I and my son were there, as we had been on several other protest marches in the Cesspit they call London!
Gun Owners, Fox Hunters and Hare Coursers Etc. are in the minority here, so the bunny hugging vegetarian, head in the clouds types are the ones the politicians creep around to brainwash into thinking they would be safer and happier by giving their freedom to the nanny state government.
They never learn that the carrot on a stick approach means you never get the carrot you only get beaten with the stick!

Anyone with any sense can see that "Gun Control" is not about reducing crime, it is about reducing the capability of ordinary people to defend themselves against Draconian governments. We had no Gun Laws in this country till the 1920s. Then the government of the day feared a revolution similar to the one in Russia! Later governments have used
every chance since to bring in new gun laws to reduce the numbers of firearms held by honest citizens and yet gun crime has risen and our police are routinely armed.
It is my humble opinion that in the days when folks stood on their own two feet and grew or hunted their own food and made their own entertainment they were not so easily fooled by smart a## politicians. Now the fast food eating, TV watching,bone idle wasters just want an easy life! And everything is so easy now, we all drive cars and shop in supermarkets, we flick a switch and the lights come on the dishwasher starts up and we take it all for granted. We don't want to go back to oil lamps and drawing water from a well, that's progress, but it has also made us soft.

Hence I try to live up to my signature line! ( I did only say try) :wink:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

game keeper wrote:Now the fast food eating, TV watching,bone idle wasters just want an easy life! And everything is so easy now, we all drive cars and shop in supermarkets, we flick a switch and the lights come on the dishwasher starts up and we take it all for granted. We don't want to go back to oil lamps and drawing water from a well, that's progress, but it has also made us soft.
I couldn't help but think of the steers as we finished them off for market .... all they can eat, nothing to do but eat, sleep, and loaf around ... no worries, good security ...... the only problem was that they could not escape and they were destined for a very rude ending.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Kirk, I reckon a lot of governments would like us all to behave like Steers!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Good comments but like I said, untill the brit public start making fire nowt'll change.
I have often reflected on the dumb British attitude and the opinion I have formed with reguard to the average Brit is;
Football (soccer)
Beer
Bull
TV
Shopping.

Nath.
Last edited by Nath on Wed May 28, 2008 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Nath, I couldn't agree more. I deal with the public daily and it saddens me that they could not survive what my parents had to endure during WW2.