Its a good time to move those black guns

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Its a good time to move those black guns

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Don't get me wrong, I like all guns. But I simply do not shoot my black guns anymore.

A visit to the local shop today indicates that black guns are in great demand. So, I am going to clean out my safe.

I'll trade for a good five screw K-22 and put the rest into the levergun fund. I figure I'll come out on top.

Might keep that AR pistol just in case, and I have an SBR that I don't need to sell, but the rest is going away.
Last edited by Scott Tschirhart on Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Its a good time to move those black guns

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

And just where is this .32 ??? ;-)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Ray wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:21 pm
Old Savage wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:16 pm And just where is this .32 ??? ;-)
somewhere near here

334229N855039W
LOL.... sounds like one of those 'treasure hunts'....
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

I get somewhere near SE of Anniston, AL. Do I get a prize!! :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Safe from me Ray, that is a little far. Shotgun Sports and Outdoors?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Moving my black guns too! From the safe to various spots around the house. My alert level is moving up another stage.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

i am keeping the uppers and others that shoot nato ammo. i have a couple of 300 BO that are surplus. won't be much 300 battlefield pickups to glean.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Bought an AR 15 a year ago, have a mini 14 that was a Clinton ban gun, going to keep them both, i prefer
the Mini, are more people liking the Mini as their prices have gone through the roof compared to the black guns
or is it that every one makes an AR of some sort?

Brad
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I wish I had more to sell NOW; unfortunately due to a combination of Obamacare, moving to another office, and generally making some stupid decisions about who to do business with, I wound up selling too much stuff in the years since 2012... :( I kept the favorites do I still have some toys for me but not sure if I can thin the herd much more without being really bummed.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

My thinking goes like this:

1. I am too darn old to be a commando.
2. I am definitely more efficient and effective with my scoped .308
3. I like my old .30-30 better than a plastic and aluminum rifle.
4. So far, I can make as much .38/.357 ammo as I want.
5. People are crazy right now.
6. $$$$$
Walker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Walker »

I could never talk myself into one, mostly for the reasons Scott listed. Now I could use an 1873 in 45lc and a 92 in 45acp to go along with all of my other 45s.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:57 am My thinking goes like this:

1. I am too darn old to be a commando.
2. I am definitely more efficient and effective with my scoped .308
3. I like my old .30-30 better than a plastic and aluminum rifle.
4. So far, I can make as much .38/.357 ammo as I want.
5. People are crazy right now.
6. $$$$$
Solid line of thought. And now even the "fun to blast with them occasionally" reason for having one is tempered by "over $1 per shot for 'cheap' blasting ammo" - IF you can find ammo or components.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Its a whole lot more fun when someone else is paying for your ammo.

These days I don't have that luxury.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:43 am Its a whole lot more fun when someone else is paying for your ammo.

These days I don't have that luxury.
Either way beats golf all hollow! :lol:
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

AmBraCol wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:01 amSolid line of thought. And now even the "fun to blast with them occasionally" reason for having one is tempered by "over $1 per shot for 'cheap' blasting ammo" - IF you can find ammo or components.
That is probably part of their plan - make it so expensive, and so 'politically-incorrect' to own proper 'militia' type firearms, that within a generation we will have a bunch of skeerdy-cats who would be too frightened to shoot an AR-15 even if they got the chance.

Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

I think it may take more than one or two generations. There are too many AR-15 type rifles out there and folks like them.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

You should put them upstairs....
this way Biden cant get to them........HAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

RIHMFIRE wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:16 am You should put them upstairs....
this way Biden cant get to them........HAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now that is a plan!!!!!
Trailboss
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Trailboss »

I didn't purchase black guns with a plan to horde until the price rose and then to dump them. It was never a profit deal for me. Mine mostly just sit along with their ammo waiting for the time the insurance policy is collected on. I hope I never have to collect. I won't sell my food either, even if the prices rise to new levels.

I have other investments that were made to cash in.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

AJMD429 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:19 am
AmBraCol wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:01 amSolid line of thought. And now even the "fun to blast with them occasionally" reason for having one is tempered by "over $1 per shot for 'cheap' blasting ammo" - IF you can find ammo or components.
That is probably part of their plan - make it so expensive, and so 'politically-incorrect' to own proper 'militia' type firearms, that within a generation we will have a bunch of skeerdy-cats who would be too frightened to shoot an AR-15 even if they got the chance.
It`s the evil way of the Dems, same with God they think if they make enough people give up on God they can stop Him from coming back.
They have a big surprise coming on a lot of fronts. :wink:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

After 20 years with an M-16 JamO Matic I didn't want an EBR.
The one concession to a battle rifle is a Ruger Scout .308. I have a couple cases of 150 FMJ, and several boxes of softpoint 150s...
I'd take an offer of what I paid for them.
Anything I need to protect myself from can be handled by an 870, or a myriad of other levers, bolts, and handguns.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

they think if they make enough people give up on God they can stop Him from coming back.
They have a big surprise coming on a lot of fronts.
that's a fact, Pitchy!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I shipped the last of my EBG’s to AK yesterday . I didn’t buy them for the generally intended use so it’s no big deal for me to send them down the road .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. The money is peanuts in the scheme of other expenditures we make.

Right now all semi automatics are akin to the stock market but without the fear of losing money......(pretending on the prices) ....you bought it for a grand and today you can sell it for 15. With the way politics is going they could be worth 3 big ones....or more.

There's no way they are ever going to make us turn them in. The most they can do is stop the manufacture leaving a finite number in circulation like they did with machine guns.......and when there's a finite number we all know what happens to prices.

gun owners who badmouth AR's as to performance, accuracy, reliability know nothing about them. All of mine will bust clay birds out to 500 meters.

But.....nothing is going to happen as that will be the final straw to true patriots and there's a lot of us out there.-----006
Model A Uzi’s
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Sixgun wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:58 am I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. The money is peanuts in the scheme of other expenditures we make.

Right now all semi automatics are akin to the stock market but without the fear of losing money......(pretending on the prices) ....you bought it for a grand and today you can sell it for 15. With the way politics is going they could be worth 3 big ones....or more.

There's no way they are ever going to make us turn them in. The most they can do is stop the manufacture leaving a finite number in circulation like they did with machine guns.......and when there's a finite number we all know what happens to prices.

gun owners who badmouth AR's as to performance, accuracy, reliability know nothing about them. All of mine will bust clay birds out to 500 meters.

But.....nothing is going to happen as that will be the final straw to true patriots and there's a lot of us out there.-----006

Well said :!:
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks Jdad,
I remember growing up in the sixties and seventies and the BIG PUSH was on handguns.....In those days handgun owners/users were in the minority and it was common to hear, "I don't care about handguns, I have my .270 with a 3-9 Leupold if I need to defend myself." I was just a teenager or in my early twenties but even I knew enough then YOU GIVE THEM NOTHING!.

My dads friends were blasting away with m-1 carbines and Garands and the only issue I ever heard about was the nut in Texas on the tower with an M1 carbine.

It will be a cold day in hell before I give up ANYTHING because of hoodsters in the ghettos or mentally ill people. White normal people never had a problem...a few here or there but relatively little until the drug culture in the inner cities took hold. They are animals with a savage mentality and it's time people point out the real root cause.

The left with its constant "full of fear" rhetoric on the news is making weak minded people of any race spaz out.

But ya know, I'm just preaching to the choir as you guys knew this. BE MORE VOCAL around anybody...don't worry about being politically incorrect. As long as you threaten nobody or any government agency you are only speaking your mind to which the last I heard is protected by something called the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, whatever they are.------006
Model A Uzi’s
WASATCH CHARLIE
Levergunner

Post by WASATCH CHARLIE »

up north of the medecine line,our useless liberal/dem, prime minister ''outlawed ''with the stroke of a pen AND no political discussion,1500 type AR platforms......including the RUGER MINI14 and a long list of semi auto.22rimfires 'cause they LOOK DANGEROUS
now,just about everyone I know has several(Factory refurbed./new in box Russian) SKS WITH bayo !!!!! and a crate or 2 of russiam m43 ammo.........
a friend has 3 COLT black guns........he can NOT sell them,take them out /off his property.........
Don't loose your rights and freedoms as the ''crown'' has done to us ,up in kanada.
Was I really going that fast????? Geez, officer,did not think this old Ford would even do 90 !!!!!!
I'm canadian Eh !!!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I think the strategy here is most AR-owners figure they will bury their guns and bury their heads in the sand and wait....not sure what for. The ones who don’t own EBR’s don’t really care; to them guns are just a ‘hobby’ and not a fundamental civil right.

Very few gun owners in the U.S. even know the names of their legislators, much less contact them on a regular basis. Too busy with cookouts and watching sports. In fact, very few gun owners even know that a ban ALREADY passed the senate. Our nations founders would not be happy with us... :|

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

AJMD429 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:31 pm The ones who don’t own EBR’s don’t really care; to them guns are just a ‘hobby’ and not a fundamental civil right.
You know that’s a pretty broad statement to make and for a fellow with the education I assume you have it’s a pretty stupid statement .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

"It's a good time to move those black guns"

No, not really. It's a good time to make sure that yours is ready and in good shape. Unless guns are just a hobby, then by all means sell 'em! I to am too old to be infantry, those days are gone. But if I'm called upon to use one I'd rather have that deep magazine on tap thank you very much.

To some of us though they are more than a hobby. A hobby and much more too. Nothing wrong with enjoying them for the fine tools they are, no sir. But I try not to loose sight of the fact that the basic purpose of many (not all) is to be able to say "No," to whoever I need to say it to. Say it and make it stick.

Mine can be taken but I'm asking a fairly high price for each. And no cash please.

Cat
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

6pt-sika wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:57 pm
AJMD429 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:31 pm The ones who don’t own EBR’s don’t really care; to them guns are just a ‘hobby’ and not a fundamental civil right.
You know that’s a pretty broad statement to make and for a fellow with the education I assume you have it’s a pretty stupid statement .
You’re right about generalizations being ‘stupid’ on the one hand, but guess my comment was more along the lines of a ‘rant’ - and although generalizations are always with exceptions, I can tell you from many years of setting up tables at gun shows with information on the latest ‘gun control’ nonsense, and ‘write your legislator’ help, out of a gun show with six thousand attendees over the weekend, there would be fewer than a dozen who were politically active. My favorites were the ones who declined to stop or take any literature and said “I’ve already written letters”, then we’d ask “which state representative did you write to; what did he say?” and they’d either admit they didn’t even know, or give the wrong name. :roll:

So Gun owners aren’t all apathetic, but I’d say at least 95% are. I suppose that doesn’t make them ‘bad’ people, because that’s the story with the whole electorate, but you’d think that as ones who the first to be affected by tyranny they’d be more engaged politically.

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

AJMD429 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:36 am...but you’d think that as ones who the first to be affected by tyranny they’d be more engaged politically.
And they will be... as soon as they ARE affected... Right now, they don't believe they will be.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Just like Hellary's Basket of Deplorables, and SloJoe's Neanderthals....public castigation and ridicule often has the opposite of their intended results.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

[/quote]And they will be... as soon as they ARE affected... Right now, they don't believe they will be.
[/quote]

I think you're right Griff. It's the same idea that they don't need to carry today because yesterday no one attacked them so surely tomorrow no one will! When it does happen it's too late. Really tough to get active and communicate, but it's way harder to get rid of a law. Takes years, if it ever goes away.

And they're so used to having to ask permission they don't realize it has effected them already and has for years & years.

Doc,

I know what you mean. I have three congress critter. Two entrenched stupid swamp creatures who, except for the China Flu would be gone. I write to them even though it's a waste of time, but they both know better than to vote against the 2A. My house rep though, he's new. I (and many others I'm sure) have been on him like white on rice. He changed his stance! He sent us out letters saying he was now pro-2A and then three days later voted against the latest gun control bill. I was amazed. And I called him and told him so.

Cat
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

We need to make those phone calls, send letters and emails. I think letters work better, becasue emails generally seem to come from email farms on the other side of the issues.

I'm not getting rid of everything, but how many EBRs can you actually use?
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:46 am We need to make those phone calls, send letters and emails. I think letters work better, becasue emails generally seem to come from email farms on the other side of the issues.

I'm not getting rid of everything, but how many EBRs can you actually use?
Is that a serious question? On a gun forum? :) Here, at Leverguns I imagine there might be one or two members that have more levers than they 'need'. I know I do and I'm a piker compared to many here.

So, did you write you letters? You're in Arizona, correct? What are your congress critters like? Mine a swamp creatures, but one is learning.

Cat
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Blaine wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:30 pm Just like Hellary's Basket of Deplorables, and SloJoe's Neanderthals....public castigation and ridicule often has the opposite of their intended results.
If some gun owner is ‘on the fence’ about writing their legislator, and the Snowflake in them gets ‘offended’ by comments castigating or ridiculing apathetic gun owners to the point it makes them not write that letter, I have a feeling it wasn’t going to be a very effective letter to begin with. No big loss.

Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

I write letters and I make calls. I live in Texas and our state legislators tend to listen to us.

BTW, I found out that AKs are much more valuable than ARs right now! I have several of those to go out this week.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:21 pm I write letters and I make calls. I live in Texas and our state legislators tend to listen to us.

BTW, I found out that AKs are much more valuable than ARs right now! I have several of those to go out this week.
Interesting, I've not been paying attention to the market as am currently overseas. Well, the ammo market has definitely taken off on a steep climb in price and steep drop off on availability. Never have taken the time to check out the AK's. Still running the old SKS when the urge to shoot 7.62X39 hits, never got around to upgrading or replacing it.
Paul - in Pereira

Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

AKs never interested me until they did. now i get to upbraid myself for not having any.

but, i do have and AR upper in that caliber. seven inch barrel pistol pew pew pew

fondly known as an AR47

:lol:
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Blaine wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:30 pm Just like Hellary's Basket of Deplorables, and SloJoe's Neanderthals....public castigation and ridicule often has the opposite of their intended results.
I doubt it. They'll just use it has further justification for their failure to take responsibility where they should.

Cat
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

I don't have anything against anyone owning ARs or whatever they want to own.

I'm not selling all of mine, but I can only use one at a time and I don't take any pride in ownership as I see them as tools.

However, I have also made up my mind not to comply with stupid things and to support those who will likewise not comply.
Bob Hatfield
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bob Hatfield »

Looks like we could convert them to straight pull bolt actions before selling them the government or burying them. Then when the law is repealed maybe someday we can replace the barrel with the welded up gas port. Or if that isn't good enough for Nancy, I'll bet someone could make a living turning all the AR's into Bolt Action precision rifles with a new bolt with a handle and a cutout in the receiver. Or converting them to pump action. Better than getting pennies on the dollar for them from Nancy. But one could bury them for the future long after we are gone. Or you could just say 'come and get them" and see who is going to be the first one to shoot an officer of the law and go to jail or be killed by his buddies.

If it comes down to confiscation it is going to be interesting as to how it will go down. I'd say it will not be a policeman knocking on your door and asking politely. It will be a tear gas grenade coming through your pretty new picture window and the guys in black (with AR's) right behind the gas.

I have a few but only because it was the rage for a while. After the initial shooting and fondling the new wore off and they are in the safe. I shoot one once or twice a year but would rather shoot a lever or milsurp boltgun.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

On confiscation. Do you think they would start at your house?

More than likely not. More than likely you would hear about them going to someone else's house first.....unless you are really unlucky.