Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Jay Bird

Re: Chairman of the.... Chosen Few

Post by Jay Bird »

Hey! Rossi 92 WINS page 2!!!! Well done Rossi '92......I'll have to confer with 6 to see what your prize will be. Is there anything you would like to have?

Jay Bird
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jay Bird wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:56 pm Hey! Rossi 92 WINS page 2!!!! Well done Rossi '92......I'll have to confer with 6 to see what your prize will be. Is there anything you would like to have?

Jay Bird
A bag of Donuts would be appropriate..... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

gamekeeper wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:18 pm A bag of Donuts would be appropriate..... :lol:
OK, very fitting, but what kind? Fresh or day old? Sprinkles? Cooked in vegetable oil or lard?-----6
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Chairman of the.......bored

Post by OldWin »

Haha freakin donuts!
My middle kid and his GF are on this big Amish donut kick.
So bright and early Saturday, he rolls out and drives about 20 miles to get some. He figures he will be there first and have a good supply and assortment.
Apparently, there is one guy in front of him at the counter, and he buys every last donut they had.
He was devastated..... and fairly upset. I guess the Amish in the donut stand witnessed something quite the opposite of "brotherly love". Maybe some new words too.

He gets that from his mother. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I like donuts, but they run my blood sugar up too much. Doing donuts in the snow is safer for me. :lol:
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hehehe, '92 having some fun !

Definitely lard! Everything is better with pig renderings!!

Hey Jay your son better get out of bed earlier!

40 there today? 3-5" of snow here today. Supposed to hit 50 a couple days this week. Believe it when I see it.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Quote:
Definitely lard! Everything is better with pig renderings.

Do you guys ever have pork dripping on toast ???
5166TzH-0iL._AC_SX425_.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Fry up some bacon, make some toast, and soak up the juices with the toast. YUM!
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

My grandmother told me when I was about 20 about this lady neighbor in upstate Pa. who used to spread bacon fat on her toast....she was 35 and woke up and couldn't move...had a stroke in the middle of the night and couldn't do nothing for herself for 10 years until she died....guess it depends on your body.....some people get to eat that stuff well into their sixties but rarely hit 70....very rarely...even if they do get into their sixties they are in bad health...diabetic, bypass operations, no mobility, usually get stuck in a wheelchair with other people having to take care of them. I like staying healthy.....and independent.------006

Snowing like crazy here Gunny.......and it was supposed to be rain! The 3 major networks have gotten every storm this winter WRONG ......a few were close like when they said 12" and we got 6".

I'll take this anytime over a hot humid day.----006
Last edited by Sixgun on Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I like how quiet it seems when everywhere is covered in snow.
You are certainly correct about bacon fat etc, it's delicious but deadly... :shock:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea...I hear ya Gamekeeper......I always suggest large consumptions of bacon and the lard to people who need it.....some just do it on their own, which is a good thing......cleanses the gene pool......-----006
Model A Uzi’s
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

My StepFather was skinny as a rail, and for over 20 years had my Mother The Diet Karen feeding him.He had diabetes, and a Heart attack dropped him like a hot rock.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Sixgun wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:43 pm Yea...I hear ya Gamekeeper......I always suggest large consumptions of bacon and the lard to people who need it.....some just do it on their own, which is a good thing......cleanses the gene pool......-----006
I'll bear that in mind next time I pass a Fish & Chip shop that fries everything in dripping.... :? I've never been overweight always lean and skinny but my arteries can fur up just the same.. :(
Fish-and-chips-FG4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The Polish used to have a thing they called solina ( spelling?), anyhow its a hunk of fat back that you warm over an open flame then when it starts dripping ya dab it on rye bread- mmmm good!
Bacon grease, great bait for mouse traps too!!

Yes its snowing like crazy here, bet we have 3-4" already here. Maybe 1/8 mile visibility!

Great now I want fish & chips! :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fish and chips...is that what you guys call French fries? Getting into my fifties I stopped eating junk of any kind..no hoagies, fast food or saturated fats....after my inner ear issues, I got away from all salts and most sugars..I should be about 170 but come in at 185

I'm working on making a navy carriage for my 50 cal. cannon......got into my last piece of Osage orange and gave it hell with a chainsaw today...cut off two 1" boards about 10" long........took me an hour to square up 2 perfect 3/4" x 6" boards for the sides.....

Snow stopped and replaced by wonderful rain......
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Post by Sixgun » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:07 pm

Fish and chips...is that what you guys call French fries?

NO definitely not :o French fries are the skinny little things you get at McDonalds.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nice pics Six! Place looks pretty.

I been in the garage all day working on the sled. Supposed to take a ride with a buddy Wednesday. I popped the chain case cover, drained it, and hosed it all out with brake cleaner. Adjusted the chain tension and filled it up with synthetic oil. I had to pull the exhaust, battery, and battery tray to access it. When I put it back together, as soon as the negative terminal started to tighten, the post snapped right off! I was mad but it probably was a good thing. Would have sucked 20 miles back in the woods. It won't run without a connected battery. New one in now.
Now heading out to adjust and align the track. Should be ready then.
We are supposed to ride up Coburn Mt. I will try and get pics. Maybe to Grand Falls and over to Kineo too. We will see.
Snowing hard here too.
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

As of 4.40 the snow turned to freezing rain, then rain here in York county Maine. I generally eat pretty healthy myself! But today I fried up some Haddock with a small amount of scallop's! I did have a side salad and some apple sauce and green beans. I made it into the woods this afternoon before the snow started. I put 43 rounds of 9mm thru one of my carry pistols. My 30 year old West German Sig P228. Three different loads to make sure all is well with the old Sig. I just got it back from Sig after 30 year it needs a tune up. I fired some Winchester 124 gr. fmj, American Eagle 115 gr.fmj. I had a few Federal hollow points for personal defense that I've been toting to long. I fired some Sierra 115 gr.jhp. All went off without a hitch! Now I can carry with confidence. I'll give my Colt lightweight commander a break.
Last edited by JOG on Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

JOG, that sounds delicious, Haddock is my favourite fish, fried of course. Followed by pistol shooting in the woods, that's hard to beat... :mrgreen:

As for healthy eating, even the wildlife eat junk food..https://youtu.be/lYrEPbcoyNY
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I second that JOG......love haddock........no bones in fish is the way to go.......

Yea Jay...don't ya just love it when something snaps .....which is immediately follow by that funny stomach feeling......like the day I was reinstalling a 150+ year old mainspring in a Remington New Army 44 c&b with bright, sharp Civil War cartouche...gun was a 99 percenter like new but blinded up from congealed oil...snap!!!! Wasn't my gun either.

Talking to Fordwannbe's today...he's coming over Saturday for a lead pick up.....I called him my "cash cow".

Working with Osage orange is like working on soft iron........took me 2 hours to cut out 4 wheels...I was too lazy to drive to Home Depot for a hole cutter so I did it with one on those antique spring blade cutters...the kind you can make like 8 different sized holes.....gonna finish them up on the little lathe I have.......after I rethread it to 1/2" x 20 NF.-----00000000000006
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup! Good haddock is hard to beat. And once you've had GOOD haddock, you realize a lot of it is NOT. Luckily, we live where it's not hard to come by.

No rain up here JOG. Snowing like the dickens. Starting to stack up a little. I think it's supposed to stop around 2am. Hopefully get 5 or 6 inches out of it. Give them some fresh stuff to groom into the trails.

I hear you Six. I was some nervous when I pulled that cover. The chain and sprockets looked good though. Whew. I'd of jumped on that lead if it wasn't so far. I really don't need it, but you know how that goes.

Man! I need a shower and some sleep. I got up at 1:30 yesterday afternoon, worked all night, got home at 7 this morning. I did manage a couple hour power nap but it's about burned off. :D
Last edited by OldWin on Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Haddock and Cod i could eat 3 times a week! Then halibut & fluke/ flounder.
Always best to find out whats broken IN the garage ythan out on the trail!
About 4-5 " here, wet snow- the kind that forms a giant rolling log in front of the blade. I really enjoy plowing snow, ME time! However I'm running out of places to put it. Sometimes I miss that Case loader .
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

My favorite's Haddock, flounder, and halibut! Once you have it fresh, its hard to eat it frozen at sea! A little bit of home made coleslaw with a pickle or two! Now I'm hungry again! :D
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Walleye and Crappie are my favorites. Getting fresh coldwater ocean fish here is not too easy.
D. Brian Casady
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Best cheese burger ever.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay...your taking a shower? .....it's not the first of the month yet........you guys still have the outdoor showers with the big tub on top that's painted black so the snow melts in it?

I had to settle for mom's Italian meatloaf from ground sirloin with her special tomato sauce that's sweet.....corn and peas.....yea, after I was done I put a $20 bill under the dirty plate and back out to the garage.

OK, what kind of wood was I working with today?----006

Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I bet it was the kind that comes from a tree.
D. Brian Casady
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Sixgun wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:07 pmFish and chips...is that what you guys call French fries?
gamekeeper wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:21 pmNO definitely not :o French fries are the skinny little things you get at McDonalds.
Another case proving the we're only separated by our common language! My Mum always told me that British wouldn't acknowledge anything named "French"...

Those look suspiciously like "steak fries"... :D
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Sixgun wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:51 pmOK, what kind of wood was I working with today?----006
Yella wood.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Osage orange......I had one big chunk I've been saving for a couple of years....like a foot long and 12" in diameter......took the Stihl and sliced off 2 pieces about an inch and a half wide length wise for this naval cannon carriage I'm putting together........

You lose a lot before you get to the good stuff........it's a .50 caliber tube...gonna be fun to get this baby shootin'......I figure 15-20 grains of Bullseye and a .50 roundball.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

This thing hand held? Or is it a field piece scaled down?

Ad in newspaper (circa 1946)
French rifles for sale- never fired, only dropped once.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Fish and chips is a common tag here too. Mostly because Canada is next door. And maybe cause we are "eaatest", and the Brits are "close by".
That being said, the common term is French fries here about 80% of the time.

We don't have Osage orange here. I don't believe I've ever seen it. Unless we call it something else. We-uns do that a lot.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Osage orange has those green color fruit balls the size of a large naval orange. Those green balls placed near dry beans and rice will run cockroaches away. The wood does not grow straight for very far, and doesn't get very big around. It is hard and tough. Looks almost white when first cut, but darkens a lot with age. It usually has some thorns. If you can get a long reasonably straight piece that is a little more than thumb thick, it makes a superb walking stick. I have never seen it rot.
D. Brian Casady
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Pomme Frittes are pretty good, too.
D. Brian Casady
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Poutine

Tourtiere pie
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Queso Fresca is good on lots of things. Nopalitas are great with eggs and chorizo.

I smellet Lutefisk once. Lost my lunch just from the smell.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay...you done your shower? Wash behind your ears?....use soap? .......down here we save on soap and just use a burlap bag and scrub real hard

One thing for sure, if you make a hammer, hatchet, or if you can find a piece straight/long enough (like Piller says) to make an axe or sledgehammer handle you will never replace it.......as long as you don't bust it by abuse......a buddy of mine must have 20 cords of the stuff but I don't see him enough to waltz over there and ask......he'll need ammo soon so I expect to see him....

Yea Gunny.....the cannon in my signature pic.....50 caliber........there's two real ones just like it on display on my wife's uncles farm, right next to the road....left behind and buried by Washington's troops when they got whooped at the Battle of the Brandywine. Wife's uncle found them by plowing up unplowed land in the late fifties.....he could have made a small fortune at the time by selling them but he wanted them to stay there so they built a cement carriage and are deeded to the land....

Got to take some pics some time...I go past em all the time....probably pics on line under "cannons on Birmingham road". There's a couple more at the park a quarter mile away.
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My local dealer bought a miniature canon but was too scared to try it out so I volunteered....Not sure if this link will work.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8qyip ... p=drivesdk
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ah now I see it in your pic.

Out at school along the railroad in the middle of town were a few field pieces. These were fully operational by the way until a gummsmiff student figured out a way to get a shell, figure out priming and turn a slug. One night this guy went down to the guns and loaded it up, waited for a freight train to come through, slug went through the rail car and into the Safeway half a block away. When I was there the guns were full of concrete.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

-Apparently while you guys were fiddle-pharting around, I got some work done! Picked up my fuel tank from the welder guy... now going to get it done right at another guy's shop... so... I started in cleaning on the brackets and saddle for the tank. That was probably not the best of ideas, cause now it's going to cost me more money for new parts....

This is the bracket that the upper strap attaches to...
DSCN1354[1].JPG
I believe this one has passed its expiration date!

Plus, where this bracket and the saddle attach to the frame, the saddle had about a 4" crack in it! Got it welded up, the two strap brackets ordered in (Thursday) and then I can start assembling this mess. I'm just hoping that 2 weeks after disassembling it all... I can remember how to assemble it! :o :o
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey, hey there! Fiddle farting around?
I been busy all day.

Got up and snowblowed here and my dad's place. Had to do a shakedown ride on the sled after yesterday's work to be ready for tomorrow.
I did end up taking out a little track tension, then re-checked alignment.
Then I noticed the exhaust donut was partly out of the slot and hanging out the port in the belly pan, so I got to pull the whole exhaust back off and fix that. Then I gave her a cleanup and wax, topped off all the fluids, and put on the travel pack.
My buddy and I are hauling to The Forks bright and early and taking off from there. Supposed to be warm. Hopefully it's clear. I will get some pics from Coburn Mt., and maybe Grand Falls.

Worked on my dad's truck today too.

Oh! Aaaannnndddd, I cleaned the bathroom sink drain.

So see? I do stuff! :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey Griff I had that happen too not long ago.

Today we removed a bearing wall, cut ceiling beams back and installed a new microlam beam to open the floor plan for a kitchen we are remodeling. - i did stuff too!! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Since when did Ben Cartwright start caring a nickeled Colt? As far as I know he always carried a nickel Reminghton...?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

GunnyMack wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:49 pm Since when did Ben Cartwright start caring a nickeled Colt? As far as I know he always carried a nickel Reminghton...?
Correct..but there are photos of him using a Colt.
nd09_westerns_250.jpg
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes GK I kind of remember an episode where the boys gave him the Colt. I remember another episode where they buy ammo, clerk asks what kind they want- 44 Henry was the response. I never saw a Henry in the gun rack. Yeah we all see those mistakes on tv/movies.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

gamekeeper wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:17 am
GunnyMack wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:49 pmSince when did Ben Cartwright start caring a nickeled Colt? As far as I know he always carried a nickel Reminghton...?
nd09_westerns_250.jpg
Well, in that photo Lorne Greene is holding a nickeled 1875 Remington.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Griff wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:12 am
gamekeeper wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:17 am
GunnyMack wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:49 pmSince when did Ben Cartwright start caring a nickeled Colt? As far as I know he always carried a nickel Reminghton...?
nd09_westerns_250.jpg
Well, in that photo Lorne Greene is holding a nickeled 1875 Remington.
Correct, I could have worded it better, I couldn't download the photo of Ben with a Colt.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Well... just dammit all to get out! You guys were very consistent... said "Ben" several times... apparently I can't read... I read "Hoss"... every time y'all said "Ben"! Getting old ain't for sissies!!!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ben's Colt
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

My buddy Six used to have a mess of dos old Colts. Some dude from up in the north woods came wit a big buffalo coat ant stole dem. I axed him why and he says dos dudes from northland are bad hombres.

The Bird