Went to a small gun show today.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Went to a small gun show today.

Post by 2ndovc »

There were a couple shows scheduled this weekend, both about the same distance away. Decided to go to the smaller one in a more rural area, the other tends to be filled with more obnoxious, know it all types.
The crowd wasn't bad, I think the parking situation turned some away. If you didn't have a 4x4 to make your own space in the snow, you would have had to wait awhile for someone to leave. Prices were up on the black plastic stuff and the ammo venders were quite busy but there were still some deals to be had, though nothing I couldn't live without. I did find some new CCI percussion caps for $5/ 100, bought two of those and a box of Aguila 12 ga Mini Slugs for $20 that I haven't seen in forever. They're perfect for a short barreled H&R that I've had for years.
It's been almost a year since I've been to a show and that hasn't happened since I was 14. Anyway, it was nice to get out and do something enjoyable for a change. Might go to the other show tomorrow, depends on what Blondie is up to. :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Re: Went to a small gun show today.

Post by wecsoger »

Thanks for notes, it's good to hear there's some bit of sanity about.

I've avoided the shows year to day because, well, plague.

However, I'm on shot 1, pending number 2 (Pfizer, if you must ask) so I'm already building antibodies.

Still going to hold off if they're mask crazy.

Right now, don't need anything, don't want anything.

Waiting for snow melt and normal temps to get back to playing with toys.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I'd say about a third of the people inside were not wearing masks. I had mine off for a bit, I had the China Flu not long ago so wasn't really worried about it. The only thing that really got my attention was a Ruger Old Army, fixed sights/ Vaquero style that I would have brought home but didn't have enough $ with me. I doubt I'll go to the other one tomorrow, too much to do around here.

jb 8)

RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

our show here is pretty small too....not impressed with all the junk that was on the tables...
I just cant get into the plastic stuff...There were a few classic revolvers....and they were very proud of them...
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

We don't get too many gun shows at the best of times but since this Chinese Pox we haven't had any.... :cry:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

I'm ashamed to say I drove BY a gun show today. :lol:

Took a post-ice-apocalypse road trip to buy some factory wheels and tires for my new truck. Drove the back roads on the way home and passed the Bonham civic center.
I told myself I was out of cash and white-knuckled right on by. :)
I'm out of room to stash stuff.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Hit 5 gun shows in 3 weeks. Its still the most fun you can have for $5-10!
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Looking forward to the next one. Nothing good this weekend, but they should be getting more frequent from here on.

jb 8)