Midway says that CCI primers are a discontinued item

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Midway says that CCI primers are a discontinued item

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

One of my friends has CCI primers on back order since August. Today he received notice.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Midway says that CCI primers are a discontinued item

Rifle primers too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Huh, think I'd make a phone call to Midway and question whether they are truly discontinued or that is just Midway way of stopping the price from trying to order?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Either way, this will feed the panic.
David LaPell
Levergunner

Post by David LaPell »

I went on Midway and looked at this, these items are not even listed on their website now. Small CCI primers are, but not the specific items in the APS strips like they're saying are discontinued, so it could be true. The rest of the primers just say out of stock.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Good....I never liked them and other experienced shooters felt the same........

I've always preferred Federal........about five years ago I was called to "stop in" at a certain time with no clue.....I got there, sat down, had a couple shots of Crown Royal and I was then asked a question. A stranger was there.....question was, "who makes the best brass among the major makers"? (Lapua is not a major maker) unhesitantly, I replied, "Federal". The cheers went up and another round was poured... :D

The stranger was a rep from Federal and he said their aim was to make the very best of any and all reloading components.

While Starline makes a much more varied line I don't believe it's as good as Federal...and neither does the military.
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I have Win in everything with great satisfaction and consistent results.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I like Winchester primers. I got some Federal and have them loaded, but have not yet tried them.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
shasta_steve
Levergunner 1.0

Post by shasta_steve »

I got the same notification today for several types of CCI primers from Midway.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

they are still listed on other sites like brownells
ALL primers are being used for factory ammo...
none are going out for retail sale
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Not a real surprise. Like noted above, primers are pretty much being diverted to manufacture complete cartridges right now. CCI doesn’t have any indication on their website that they are no longer going to make primers available.

On the other hand, the current administration seems to think that they can make anything illegal with the stroke of a pen, and I’m sure they would try to make primers or any other thing innocents might use to defend against tyrants (like freedom of speech) illegal if they thought they could get away with it.

Currently, their strategy is simply to create an excuse to register firearms, by using a combination of “universal background checks” and “assault weapon” regulation; we need to be proactive NOW and contact our legislators to DEMAND state by state refusal to comply, as well as actively oppose, such legislation.

Ask your legislator to define the word “infringe” and explain how confiscating is not “infringing”, then ask them what conceivable legitimate purpose registration could possibly serve other than setting the stage for confiscation. Finally, explain to them that the only two ways to prevent confiscation are a) legislatively, by prohibiting registration so confiscation becomes logistically impossible, or b) confrontationally, when the guns actually gets start getting confiscated. Wouldn’t “a” be preferable...?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Only Federal component I prefer are the 215 LRM primers . CCI200’s are my preferred LR and Remington 7 1/2’s for SR . Handguns I’m open to most anything . As to brass I was always more inclined to buy WIN of available , Remington second and I viewed Federal and Hornady as better than nothing . Now I don’t sweat the manufacturer that much . I will however say in what are termed my precision instruments the brass is either Lapua or Norma but that’s only for five or so cartridges .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:18 pm One of my friends has CCI primers on back order since August. Today he received notice.
Yea, but that notice says APS strips! I've got the non APS 500s on notice and have not received notice, YET!
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

AJMD429 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:40 pm

Currently, their strategy is simply to create an excuse to register firearms, by using a combination of “universal background checks” and “assault weapon” regulation; we need to be proactive NOW and contact our legislators to DEMAND state by state refusal to comply, as well as actively oppose, such legislation.

Ask your legislator to define the word “infringe” and explain how confiscating is not “infringing”, then ask them what conceivable legitimate purpose registration could possibly serve other than setting the stage for confiscation. Finally, explain to them that the only two ways to prevent confiscation are a) legislatively, by prohibiting registration so confiscation becomes logistically impossible, or b) confrontationally, when the guns actually gets start getting confiscated. Wouldn’t “a” be preferable...?
I wonder how many will comply with the "registration"!
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:22 pm Rifle primers too.
AGAIN, APS strips!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I don't benchrest, or vie for micro-groups...I've only used CCI and they have always gone "bang"
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

1894cfan wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:19 pmI wonder how many will comply with the "registration"!
All those who don’t want a mandatory $250,000 fine and mandatory 10 years in jail for a cut-and-dried ‘federal firearms felony’ for EACH violation of the NFA...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

AJMD429 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:49 pm
1894cfan wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:19 pmI wonder how many will comply with the "registration"!
All those who don’t want a mandatory $250,000 fine and mandatory 10 years in jail for a cut-and-dried ‘federal firearms felony’ for EACH violation of the NFA...
Good luck with that! "There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dieing"!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Blah, blah, blah.

Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

1894cfan has it. When I look at the Midway site, it shows all sizes of CCI primers, but out of stock.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I don't see the big deal here? It's only the APS strip CCI primers that they've discontinued. I've never even used any, and not sure why I'd buy them in APS strips unless I had a tool that used the strips. Sure they're out of stock of the standard #500 primers, but they don't say "discontinued" just "out of stock".
Sounds like more fear from people who are already afraid of short supplies.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Actually, I used to have one. More trouble than it was worth and a big waste of money! These days I use an old Lee hand press with primer sleeves (?). Works for me.
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

FWiedner wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:35 pm
Blah, blah, blah.

Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?

:lol:
Well everyone who has applied to own a suppressor, SBR or machine gun in the last 80 years. The big bad wolf used Al Capones antics to decide to regulate a whole chunk of gun rights and I don't recall mass resistance to overturn them at any time since then.

They sold people a compromise with heavy penalties to disobey and people took the compromise.

They set up the right compromise people will go along. Anyone with a SBR or suppressor is proof.

The wolf ain't just bad he is smart. He knows just what he can get away with.