The Crud

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

The Crud

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well my wife just called and told me my brother in law has the crud . He works for the Philippine Red Cross so I reckon he has an excuse . But he was hacking and coughing thinking he had an allergy . And came by my mother in laws 12/23/20 to see his mother etc for Xmas . Hence my wife was in contact with him as well his 88 year old mother and my two sister in laws .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
piller
Posting leader...

Re: The Crud

Post by piller »

I self quarantined over Christmas. Just took a nasal swab test. Results in a few days. I feel like I have been run over by a Peterbilt hauling trees, then set on fire.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

viewtopic.php?t=78890

I think this works.......EXCEPT....most people wait until they are actually infected to do anything, and then it takes them a week to gather together all the ingredients. By then there’s not nearly the benefit in treating.

Procrastinate if you want... :|
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well my BIL is in a medical facility and he seems to be on the mend . My MIL had a nose swab yesterday but we’ve not heard back yet .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

My MIL’s swab test came back negative and the the six of my BIL’s bunch all tested negative . My wife the all time hypochondriac is going today for a swab test so hopefully she’ll be negative as well .
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I should be getting the results back in a day or 2. Headache, complete loss of sense of taste, 101.5 fever for a week straight. I am quite sure I know the results.
D. Brian Casady
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

ouch. keep up the fight. hope you have some working ingredients ^ to assist

AND prayersUP for total healing
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Just got the results. CoVid! I must self isolate for a minum of 1 week, or longer. Still having symptoms. I feel like I went 5 rounds with Mike Tyson when he was in his prime. Everything hurts.
D. Brian Casady
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

piller wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:26 pm Just got the results. CoVid! I must self isolate for a minum of 1 week, or longer. Still having symptoms. I feel like I went 5 rounds with Mike Tyson when he was in his prime. Everything hurts.
Sorry to hear this !

After watching my mother deal with cancer for a number of years I truely believe a POSITIVE attitude while difficult to always have seems to help .

So good luck and stay POSITIVE .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well the boss got her test results back last night our time and she called me to say hers came back negative !

She kinda super worries about things so this was a load off her to say the least 8)
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Prayers up piller and everyone else that comes down with it.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Nasal swabs are a wonderful invention that says at the exact moment of test you either have the virus in your nasal passages or you don’t. Walk away inhale and the test means absolutely nothing. As a diagnostic test for someone with symptoms they are great. For the general public it’s just a placebo.

Folks would be better served with antibody testing. These will at least show if you have had the virus and been asymptomatic. And if you have you can breathe a bit easier (pun intended).
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Yeah, and even the blood tests only show antibodies in SOME people who've had the CoVid19 virus; it appears that some people get the virus and recover without generating detectable antibodies. Not that surprising.

Imagine a disaster where any number of agencies might show up - police, red cross, national guard, fire department, marines, ham radio operators, etc. If our "test" to see if a disaster had happened was just to look for national guard uniforms, we may miss some of the disasters that happened to be dealt with by the other agencies without the national guard having to be involved. The same accounts for some of the 'discordant' test findings we see with antibody tests as well.

So much of medical practice depends on just logic and even intuition, but the public gets really 'concrete' in their thinking, and sadly, so do many practitioners.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Brian, my friend, you sure have my sympathy. It sounds like your body is putting up a hard fight and winning.
I have had some lower GI stuff and swollen lymph nodes in my neck. I mentioned this to my doc and he insists I get tested to be on the safe side, as I interact with hundreds of people a week in my shooting range job, some of them from El Paso. Will probably go in this afternoon. Taking my zinc!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well on the positive side none of the family contracted the crud from my BIL . On the negative side however he’s in his local hospital taking antibiotics , can’t keep normal food down , has pneumonia and is on oxygen now . I hate to say it but in my opinion his prognosis ain’t good . Any and all kind thoughts on his behalf are appreciated .
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Prayers for any and all who are sick.

Every year as winter kicks off, I get an upper chest cold, off and on ear aches/sore throat. With a little COPD I breath hard, and cough. Who knows?
My scientific wild-butt guess is that we are all going to get it sooner or later. Some won't even realize they have it. This pelosi will just have to run it's course.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Ditto, prayers up for those under the weather. We tend to forget that the "regular" crud - colds and flu - still lurk. They are not taking a break just because COVID is here.

My wife and I got the crud this week. She's about 2 days ahead of me - or rather, 2 days worse. Unusual, because I'm normally the one who gets it first and is much worse (no spleen and all for me). Don't think it is COVID; no fevers for either of us and we can both still taste and smell. Well, except for the congestion.

Get better everyone!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I am just recovering now, but prayers up for all fighting any illness.
D. Brian Casady
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Glad to hear that. And yeah, prayers for everyone trapped in the blamedemic. the wonder of it all is that there are no flu or pneumonia deaths this winter, I suppose the wuhaan flu virus even exterminates those nasty competing diseases.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

As of yesterday the boss tells me my BIL seems to be back to about 90% although they’ve not released him from the hospital . He wants to eat normal food and doesn’t spit it back up , off oxegen etc etc . So I assume he’s in the double swab part of their procedure swab wait a week and swab again and if negative both times homeward bound .
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Hope he can go home ASAP. My tastebuds are just starting to recover. I can taste coffee.
D. Brian Casady
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

piller wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:37 am Hope he can go home ASAP. My tastebuds are just starting to recover. I can taste coffee.
The boss told me when she talked to him on the phone he said his taste was back and he wanted a pizza . Which unto itself is unusual as I’ve not seen him eat pizza very often .
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

Grizz wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:01 amthe wonder of it all is that there are no flu or pneumonia deaths this winter, I suppose the wuhaan flu virus even exterminates those nasty competing diseases.
Yeah, none of my friends or relatives have had a respiratory illness this year. Of course, we're all following all the recommendations for avoiding the Wuhan plague, so that's not exactly surprising.