USPS Delivery Status

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

USPS Delivery Status

Post by Old No7 »

As follow-up to the Postal system woes" posting below...

...This seems about right!

Old No7

USPS Delivery.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: USPS Delivery Status

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Yup. Priority small box mailed from NM to CO on the 14th is still in USPS Hades ...
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Got a package from Daughter in Pa, at my doorstep in Texas 2 days early. I attribute this to many years of good clean living :D
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

I've been trying to deal with Midwayusa on an order that was SUPPOSED to be shipped on 12/19 priority mail but so far hasn't even been received by the PO in Columbia, mo.
Emailed them this morning telling them about a nightmare that I had last night about placing an order with a company priority mail that was forever in transit with the company constantly telling me to be patient and that it will eventually arrive.
They answered telling me that it should be here on the 29th but to wait until the 30th before contacting them again about this order.
I responded to the latest email and told them that it was also part of my nightmare. :x :roll: :mrgreen:
1894c

Post by 1894c »

octagon wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:43 am Got a package from Daughter in Pa, at my doorstep in Texas 2 days early. I attribute this to many years of good clean living :D
USPS is almost like Santa...they know who's naughty and nice... :)
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

1894cfan wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:18 pm I've been trying to deal with Midwayusa on an order that was SUPPOSED to be shipped on 12/19 priority mail but so far hasn't even been received by the PO in Columbia, mo.
Emailed them this morning telling them about a nightmare that I had last night about placing an order with a company priority mail that was forever in transit with the company constantly telling me to be patient and that it will eventually arrive.
They answered telling me that it should be here on the 29th but to wait until the 30th before contacting them again about this order.
I responded to the latest email and told them that it was also part of my nightmare. :x :roll: :mrgreen:
Found out today the PO lost it!
shasta_steve
Levergunner 1.0

Post by shasta_steve »

Earlier this year I ordered a couple concrete grinding wheels off Amazon. I think they sent it from Texas but somehow they ended up in Guam. After about 10 days Amazon told me they were lost and gave me a refund. A week later or so they showed up in my mailbox. Good thing was I did not have to pay for them. The bad was I had to buy they from Lowes for about 3 times the price.

I am hoping that things go somewhat back to normal soon. I resent a couple checks that were very late showing up. This time I paid for tracking. I sent the letters on the 19th. One got to Alabama two days ago but has still not been delivered. The other still has not showed up in Pennsylvania.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I have one on quite a sojourn. From an adjacent city it’s now been six days. I could have walked there faster.

It’s being shipped USPS. But I recently discovered that while they deliver Amazon packages on Sundays they won’t deliver anyone else’s. Seems the USPS has a deal with Amazon for higher priority delivery of their goods over the rest of the world. Local PO confirmed this quite willingly when ask.

So while my package sits in the Los Angeles sorting center, Amazon packages from the local fulfillment center, mailed later, going through the same center have been delivered.

I guess Orwell was right. All pigs are equal some are just more equal.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Yep, I have bought a lot of parts for my chainsaws lately and I ordered a longer lightweight chainsaw guide bar, from a place in MI and they shipped right away, but it took a whole week to get out of the state of MI, but once it got out of that black hole, it came the rest of the way pretty quick.

I ordered another longer bar for a different chainsaw from California and chose UPS instead of the post office and got it in 4 days.

And before I did all of that, I bought one off of Ebay, from a seller in Ohio or somewhere close, and Ebayers are usually pretty fast about shipping, but I kept watching it, and after a few days, I contacted him because he had not shipped it. There was supposed to be 10 in stock. He told me he couldn't ship because of the Covid restrictions. What the @#$%^?
Are the post offices shut down in some states because of Covid? He finally cancelled my order on me, and ebay gave me my money back. I lucked out in the end, except for the frustrations involved, because I bought a better bar at a cheaper price, finally.
NRA Life Member, Patron
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Latest head scratcher from the USPS. As I’ve mentioned in the past I’ve missed several days of delivery then had as many as three un one day. All by different carriers. I’ve even had Sunday deliveries.

Well I went at least two maybe three days without delivery and lo and behold at 11 am this morning, New Years Day a delivery takes place.

Now as I recall today is a holiday and federal workers are paid, I believe, double time and a half to work. Now it seems to me that if they can’t deliver the mail as they are charged with, the least they could do is wait until tomorrow when the cost of that delivery would be much cheaper.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

My wife mailed out 2 USPS flat rate boxes on the 22nd, neither has arrived as of today. Following the tracking, both sat within 50 miles of my house for 4 days. Pretty frustrating.

Eric
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I bought a not cheap Parker over the phone from a dealer in Oregon a few days ago . Initially I planned to mail him our buisness check . After thinking it over a day or two I called yesterday and paid with a credit card which cost me an additional 3% just because I wanted to make sure it got there . And then stipulated they ship UPS or FREDeX .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

It’s all because of Covid19 even though the fat S...O...B that was supposed to put it on the truck fell asleep at his desk and did nothing all day and got paid for it . My use of humanity goes further in the crapper each day .
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

So just a little update. The package I mentioned earlier is now 12 days along its way.

Here’s the best part it left a distribution center to travel to my local PO. It’s about a thirty minute drive. So far it’s been on the road 8 days.

I’m pretty sure some postal worker recognized the shipper’s name and decided he needs a nice new truck part.

All of the excuses of heavy volume and Covid fall flat when their own tracking shows such a blatant failure.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

I still have a package from Ohio that was shipped on Dec. 11th, the tracking hasn`t even updated from there. :roll:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
DadsMod12
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DadsMod12 »

I ordered some lapidary supplies from a company in California on Dec. 2. The company emailed me on the 4th that they shipped it USPS. I kept checking the tracking number and it never left CA. On the 18th I emailed the company, they sent me a replacement order that day and sent it 2/3 day USPS. I got that package at 4:30 on the 24th. Yesterday the original package showed up.
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

I pay my all of my bills every month with a credit card and then pay it off every month. And I prefer to do paper billing, and write a check and mail it each month. Well, I should have gotten the credit card bill several days ago. It's obviously lost in the mail. I am not late yet, but I guess I will have to deal with this online or something, instead.
Probably more reliable anyway, but I am old school and do not wish to go that route.

I went to mail a certified envelope yesterday, and found a long line at the post office, and I knew I didn't have the patience for that. So, went to a smaller rural post office this morning and was in and out in 5 minutes. Only problem with that office is it closes at 11 am every day, so you can't dawdle around in the morning, got to get on down there, to catch them open. They used to be open till 4:30 in the afternoon. At least they have not completely shut it down, yet.

A while back, I ordered a couple of silk wild rags, (love those things, much better then a cotton bandanna) anyway, I was tracking the package and it said left at mailbox, as I expected. Got home from work and it wasn't there, but I had my other mail. I figured they had put it in maybe my bother in law's mail box, a half mile west of me, as sometimes happens. Drove over there, nothing! Called my brother in law, and he had got his mail already but not package for me, however, my sister said she thought she saw package hanging on one of the mail boxes a half a mile east of me at the neighbors, and it just so happened that they were meeting those neighbors for supper at the local cafe and they showed up at that same time. However, they did not get the package in their mail box, but they saw one hanging on another neighbor's mail box, beside their's.

In the meantime I was on the road, headed over there, and sure enough, there it was hanging on a mailbox that had no address on the box at all, I am not even sure the mailbox was in current use. The address was plain on the package and my name and address is plainly displayed on my mail box in big letters.

I went down to the post office the next morning and chewed some butt, and found out that it was a temp from another office delivering mail that day, and I could tell he was not that well thought of by the people I was chewing on. I told them I wanted his supervisor to be told of this incident, and I chewed some more. What happened was that lazy bastard discovered his mistake down the road and didn't want to backtrack, and just hung it on the next mail box. I figured the only reason he was working as a mail carrier was because he knew someone, which is the way it works around here. The good oh boy system!, even when they are worthless.
NRA Life Member, Patron
Shrapnel
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Shrapnel »

I buy and also send lots of stuff on a regular basis, using USPS. I have had nothing but good luck. I did pay $31.00 for an overnight express envelope to get there the following day by 10:30 AM, and it didn’t make it until 9:30 the following day. I told the post office I paid for next day service and didn’t get it. They apologized saying that it was due to holiday volume. I told them they shouldn’t charge for something they couldn’t deliver and asked for a refund. They refunded the entire amount...
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I sent a check Priority Mail from central VA to Savanah GA shoulda been a two day or three day tops , it took 11 days . I’ve got a gun coming from the Seattle area via UPS insured , was sent yesterday and supposed to arrive by next Tuesday . We shall see :?
Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marvin S »

I bought a little Derringer from a guy in Maine and sent a postal MO from Kansas over a month ago. He has never received the MO as of a couple days ago He went ahead and shipped the pistol and it got here within a week. The last USPS MO I received was more trouble than it was worth. Had one hell of a time getting it cashed.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I sent a check via parcel post from Orange VA to Goochland VA approx fifty miles it was sent 12/28/20 and as of 1/6/21 it’s not arrived yet .
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

This is UPS, not USPS; left my package, for a couple of chains for my chainsaw, from Bailey's hanging on a fence post by my gate. They usually always bring it to my house or leave it in the mailbox. I guess it would fit in the mailbox, and there was snow on the ground, but melting. I wonder if they were worried about getting stuck. I thought it was kind of funny, but maybe it was a smart plan, today.
SNOWY DAY, JAN 7, 2021.jpg
UPS DELIVERY.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NRA Life Member, Patron
shasta_steve
Levergunner 1.0

Post by shasta_steve »

I am handling an estate and sent a couple of checks out. I have sent one check out to my cousin three times now. Luckily for me he is not super worried about it. He called me yesterday and he finally got the first one. It was mailed on the 8th of December. So basically 30 days to get a first class letter from California to Pennsylvania,
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Lastmohecken wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:30 pm This is UPS, not USPS; left my package, for a couple of chains for my chainsaw, from Bailey's hanging on a fence post by my gate. They usually always bring it to my house or leave it in the mailbox. I guess it would fit in the mailbox, and there was snow on the ground, but melting. I wonder if they were worried about getting stuck. I thought it was kind of funny, but maybe it was a smart plan, today.

SNOWY DAY, JAN 7, 2021.jpgUPS DELIVERY.jpg
Wish I’d taken a picture they did the same to me although no snow , they put two boxes on top my brick gate posts . But they weren’t for me but rather a neighbor half a mile away !!!!!!!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Delivery people regardless of whether USPS , UPS or FREDeX are just plain trifling . IMHO at present they’re using every d...a...m...n excuse to do AS LITTLE as possible .