Glad to see the last of 2020, but 2021 looks worse!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
piller
Posting leader...

Glad to see the last of 2020, but 2021 looks worse!

Post by piller »

Avoiding politics, the Chinavirus is mutating. The weather is looking to turn bad for a while. I am glad 2020 is gone, but I would like to skip 2021 totally.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Glad to see the last of 2020, but 2021 looks worse!

Post by GunnyMack »

Yeah 2020 makes us wish Y2K would have happened! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

For every critter the most important thing is to survive. The mire complex the critter the more complex the survival strategy. Mutation is a very basic means of survival. As a more complex critter we’ll just have to adapt our strategy to adapt to the new strain.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Yep, I am glad 2020 has passed. Although, I got by pretty much unscathed. I was going to retire anyway, and the Covid 19 just helped push me out the door. None of my family or myself got sick, although I did know some who died of it.

The stock market was good to me, because I was scared of it for a few months, before Covid even hit, and was in mostly cash. When it crashed I bought hard, and did good.

I worked hard on the farm, and cut and split a lot of wood. I think I have about 3 years supply now, which is good because Red Oak, Locust, etc needs time to season. That's the whole idea of keeping a 3 year program going. Since I had time, I worked a lot outside, and lost some weight and lowered my A1C, and raised my Vitamin D levels to normal, and I had been low on VD for years, and my A1C was risky high, but now not so much.

I had a lot of fun, but was mostly isolated on the farm except for the the occasional visit to the gunshop, and grocery store. I am pretty much an Introvert with a capitol I, anyway. And I live a lot less stressed life, since I retired from a high pressure job.

KNOCK ON WOOD! I have been very blessed, so far. But I am more then ready to see this Covid thing gone, gone, gone! 2021 may be worse or more then likely just continue on in our present state of masked fear, and political unrest. Glad I live far from any cities where these crazies are rioting. Too bad about Trump, and the wide swing to the left we are about to witness.

Stay positive and make smart decisions, and maybe 2021 will pass without too much misery. And a prayer or two, might not hurt.
NRA Life Member, Patron
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

They are saying the covid mutation will still be stopped by the vaccine. They also say it's easier to catch, but less serious if contracted. Not sure how they know so much at such an early point in it's discovery?

I'm not expecting much change in 2021, at least not for awhile. Whether it's health, the shutdown, or politics.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Load Up, Pass the Ammo and Praise the Lord! Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
ndcowboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ndcowboy »

2021 will only be worse if you let it be that way. Turn off the news and enjoy life.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

ndcowboy wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:03 pm2021 will only be worse if you let it be that way. Turn off the news and enjoy life.
Bask in your newfound innocence! Errr... ignorance! :P
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

I would like to see every country that has lost thousand's and thousand's sue the ball's off communist china for starting this epidemic in the first place!!!!!!
I wish in 2021 that American's will wake up and realize they don't need any stuff that those s.o.b. produce!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Honestly 2020 hasn’t been all that bad. Money wise it’s been good. I ended up retiring earlier than planned. Turned out to be a good thing. I couldn’t go some places I’ve wanted but by staying home I’ve got a lot done.

Might have had the crud early on and while I felt lousy I didn’t need any serious treatment. Truthfully the only thing that really kicked my butt was the shingles vaccine. Go figure.

So as 2021 starts the best description of me is fat, dumb and happy.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

The fact that Censorship has become an 'accepted' thing, and
the fact that Election-fraud has become an 'accepted' thing, is ominous...

In the past, those things were known to happen, but were generally looked down upon, and usually done quietly, in hopes of not being discovered.

In 2020, they were flaunted, and the majority of citizens just said
"...so what, who cares....our guy won, so what does it matter...?"

THAT is ominous.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
ndcowboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ndcowboy »

Griff wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:31 pm
ndcowboy wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:03 pm2021 will only be worse if you let it be that way. Turn off the news and enjoy life.
Call it ignorance if you want, but let me ask you - what difference did watching all that news make in your life that was positive? Also, what difference did your personal consternation make to the news makers?
Life is way too short to get all wrapped up in the problems that are proclaimed daily to us by the media that we can do absolutely nothing about!
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

ndcowboy wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:34 am
Call it ignorance if you want, but let me ask you - what difference did watching all that news make in your life that was positive? Also, what difference did your personal consternation make to the news makers?
Life is way too short to get all wrapped up in the problems that are proclaimed daily to us by the media that we can do absolutely nothing about!
Cowboy .. you are correct. Many years ago a very wise man said, "Stop worrying about tomorrow. There's enough problems today." People get hooked on the "news" like a drug and think they cannot live without it. And most of it is, as you said, stuff that we do not have any input with. Besides a lot of it being just plain propaganda no matter which side is putting it out.

As Mark Twain said, "If you do not read the newspaper you are uninformed. If you read the newspaper you are misinformed."
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

I used that Mark Twain quote around two of my boys (aged 35 and 41) and they thought I was the smartest guy on the planet. Then I explained how poorly their educations were serving them. I remember learning that quote in early high school. Funny how some things stick with you.
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Oh, I wasn't disagreeing with you... I probably have caught the news once in the last 10 years...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
ndcowboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ndcowboy »

Griff wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:52 pm
Oh, I wasn't disagreeing with you... I probably have caught the news once in the last 10 years...
:wink: :D
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Griff, yer dry humor and sarcasm went right over my head! Finally clicked when Isaw the "razz" emoticon...
I was getting ready to ask you if a lot lizard keyed your tractor at the truck stop last nite! :mrgreen: :lol: Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

If everyone sticks their heads in the sand and doesn`t know what`s happening eventually the commies will come and get you.
That`s what they want and are doing, dumbing down the people so they don`t know the truth then take over and the sheep will follow.
God is in control but i don`t think He would want people to sit back and do nothing but rather fight for what`s right.
Like the old saying says ( Evil triumphs when good men do nothing )
Not putting anyone down but if ya don`t know what`s coming down the pike you won`t be ready for it.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Dad once said “the most believable thing on the news is the weather report”.

If you look at it that way it all makes sense.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

The economic depression is something that cant be ignored. Stopping the economy and stimulus packages cause inflation, its just how the balance sheet works. The longer it goes, the higher the prices climb and the recovery will take. They are already talking 'recovery progrms' but the only true recovery is the average man working harder today to afford the same things he did yesterday.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

jeepnik wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:20 am Dad once said “the most believable thing on the news is the weather report”.

If you look at it that way it all makes sense.
You ever watch the Mexican weather ladies telling the forecast?

Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Well, I think we should watch the news enough to know what is going on (being said, actually) but CNN and their likes are the biggest liars of all. Fox, not as bad, but I tend to watch too much if it. I am going to trim down on the news this year. I want to know what is happening but I am not going to let the news and the darn "my Pillow" commercials steal 4 hrs of my life everyday, going forward.
NRA Life Member, Patron
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Lastmohecken wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:39 am Well, I think we should watch the news enough to know what is going on (being said, actually) but CNN and their likes are the biggest liars of all. Fox, not as bad, but I tend to watch too much if it. I am going to trim down on the news this year. I want to know what is happening but I am not going to let the news and the darn "my Pillow" commercials steal 4 hrs of my life everyday, going forward.
I agree with that and i apologize about what said in my previous post to those that ignore the news now.
I think that people should pay attention until we know what and who will be in charge first, after that if all goes bad hunker down and hope they don`t find you.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Shrapnel
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Shrapnel »

I’m not going to apologize for not watching the news. News is nothing more than what the so-called news reporters want you to know. Knowing what is going on around me can be seen with binoculars. I had a great 2020, although I am tired of masks and the lack of real science with the pandemic.

I hunt, shoot, golf, fish and plenty other activities, the only news I need is a weather report. For that I have sunglasses when it is sunny and rain gear when it’s not. Life is as simple or as complex as you make it...
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Then i`ll tell everyone that doesn`t listen to the news we lost both senate races so we are screwed.
What ever i don`t care, good luck to everyone. :)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Shrapnel
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Shrapnel »

Pitchy wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:37 am Then i`ll tell everyone that doesn`t listen to the news we lost both senate races so we are screwed.
What ever i don`t care, good luck to everyone. :)
A thought:

How could knowing that, change my life?
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

It's everyone's own business to decide what to do for themselves and what's best for their family. Personally, I pay attention to the news but not religiously. Weather mostly but what's going on with gun laws is of the utmost importance along with zoning laws where I live.

"Ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking it"......... so this means while we are going about our lives, having fun, blasting things with our many different types of rifles when one day you get a knock at the door and the man has handcuffs for you because a neighbor said you were shooting a semi auto gun. Your guns are confiscated, your locked up and the government takes title to what you own.

My mother grew up in Nazi Germany. After the war, her father, my grandfather moved his synthetic's factory to Egypt where he died in '66. My mother went there for her rightful claims but the socialist Nassar, who was controlling Egypt at the time decided my grandfather's money and factory were to be kept "for the betterment of the people".

If you don't pay attention to what's going on, your life could change in an instant.

While this new regime In place gains power it's going to bring changes to everyone's life.....if we let it. They WANT socialism and if they can steal a Presidental election in the greatest nation on earth, they can reduce us to the status of Mexican peons....if we let it.----6
Model A Uzi’s
Shrapnel
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Shrapnel »

Sixgun wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:24 am While this new regime In place gains power it's going to bring changes to everyone's life.....if we let it. They WANT socialism and if they can steal a Presidental election in the greatest nation on earth, they can reduce us to the status of Mexican peons....if we let it.----6
Knowing about something is a long ways from doing something about it. News is what ruined this country. My parents who were the most conservative people I ever knew, voted for Bill Clinton and hated Reagan. Too many other circumstances to mention. Trump is hated and Biden will become president because of news.

I will continue to not listen...
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

The trick is to listen to actual NEWS, not the opinions of the news....And, how can you draw your own conclusions if you are not aware of what's happening in the world.
TV's talking heads anger me, and I won't watch TV. Those talking heads nodding and trying to seem useful make me sick.
I read about 5 news sites online every morning.
Fox's opinion writers/editorials have gotten pretty liberal of late, but they are still the fastest to break news. Just learn to tell the difference.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Pitchy wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:10 pm If everyone sticks their heads in the sand and doesn`t know what`s happening eventually the commies will come and get you.
About a third of the population is all-in on socialism/communism, and wants it, either due to their greedy ambition and the hope that they will be among the ones who are 'more equal than others', or just due to ignorant idealism mixed with the arrogant 'world view' those who spent a summer on a bike tour of France think equates with knowledge.

As for the other 2/3, FAR too many are either too busy just surviving (some excuse) to deal with politics, or are too absorbed in consumerism and just 'enjoying life'. Fine to do the latter, but there IS a bit of responsibility involved, and if one expects to live in a society that respects freedom, they had better keep in mind that the push-back is NOT just every four years trudging down to stand in line and vote for a figure-head. If that's all you do, then pretty soon you'll notice that the election is full of fraud, and none of the institutions designed to prevent or protect from that are longer operative.

That's where we are now, and largely how we got here...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
ndcowboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ndcowboy »

Shrapnel wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:19 am I’m not going to apologize for not watching the news. News is nothing more than what the so-called news reporters want you to know. Knowing what is going on around me can be seen with binoculars. I had a great 2020, although I am tired of masks and the lack of real science with the pandemic.

I hunt, shoot, golf, fish and plenty other activities, the only news I need is a weather report. For that I have sunglasses when it is sunny and rain gear when it’s not. Life is as simple or as complex as you make it...
You get a big thumbs up from me on this one!