Most of you probably know this ...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Most of you probably know this ...

Post by JimT »

but it may be something you can point friends to if it is needed ....

https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/why-is- ... -shortage/
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Most of you probably know this ...

Post by earlmck »

Any of us olde pharts caught by surprise by the present shortage have been asleep for the past decade.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

Thanks Jim ,

This is the 3rd or 4th reloading shortage I have gone through! After the first one I stocked up to the point of excess, if that is possible :mrgreen: , and will add to my pile if and when there is plenty and the prices come down from orbit. Got enough to last this life time and am working on having enough for the next life :lol:

John
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

"Any of us olde pharts caught by surprise by the present shortage have been asleep for the past decade.'
--earlmck

Yup, just like the old saw "If you snooze, you loose!".....
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have been loading up every piece of brass that I have. I had forgotten just how much I had in components. No wonder PillHer has been complaining for a long time about my area I keep it in. I think I have enough to hunt with for a while. I found several pounds of each of several powders that I use.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

No, I didn't know.....I knew there's were gun problems but I've been living under a rock since all this S started earlier n the year.

I got so much stuff I could shoot like there's no tomorrow....everyday....if that makes sense.

Boy Scouts taught me a lot and I pretty much live by the motto.

As my good friend "The Gunny" an ex marine DI says, "its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.-----6

Primers? Somewhere around 50-60 big ones..tons of lead.....probably 50,000 empties, and powder, I won't say as it's nunya and if you don't like that then Argo.---6
Model A Uzi’s
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I don't pay much attention to this stuff, so am a little tight on some primers and powders. But I just don't shoot but a few hundred rounds a year, so I should be able to ride this out.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

When I am "cutting back" I only shoot a few hundred rounds a month. Some months.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

All the moral high roaders say, "hoarding components is wrong"......then go on to say it's perfectly fine paying $5,000-$20,000 a year in real estate taxes so the schools can function with swimming pools .....that's how it is here....

I say survival is first and foremost......I have a "compound" here because if you just look around, it's coming and in some parts like New York City, it's here........you snooze-you lose.-----006
Model A Uzi’s
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Six, yes, I agree. I did not buy enough reloading supplies earlier as I had gotten away from shooting. I recently paid a hefty price for primers on Gunbroker, but I'm flush now for probably my whole life and I also have enough powder for my lifetime and more so. Was it worth it? Or a good value? Only time will tell, but I think it was the right thing to do. My only regret is I didn't do it earlier. But i think prices may stay the same for a while for now. You are wise man. -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

CowboyTutt wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:31 pm Six, yes, I agree. I did not buy enough reloading supplies earlier as I had gotten away from shooting. I recently paid a hefty price for primers on Gunbroker, but I'm flush now for probably my whole life and I also have enough powder for my lifetime and more so. Was it worth it? Or a good value? Only time will tell, but I think it was the right thing to do. My only regret is I didn't do it earlier. But i think prices may stay the same for a while for now. You are wise man. -Tutt
Thanks Tutt....there's a million things going on in our each individual's life so it is easy to not pay attention to an item here or there........in your case it was not laziness and your one of the few I'd overnight supplies to if you need it.....I'm well connected on such things......

There ain't many of us left. I truly for the first time fear for the future of this great nation....----6
Model A Uzi’s
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

There ain't many of us left. I truly for the first time fear for the future of this great nation....----6
Yes. -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I'm good on all counts. 8)
(But, by all means brag and blab on the 'net for all to see) :roll:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sixgun wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:13 pm
+1 on both counts. I look around and realize that a good portion of our fellow "citizens" are bat-stuff crazy.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:13 pm
+1 on both counts. I look around and realize that a good portion of our fellow "citizens" are bat-stuff crazy.

Kid.....the left is bat crazy...the ones on the right who talk this way are scared.....most people who give in want to live any way they can. When I watch ww2 documentaries ad see what our soldiers went through to keep this nation great makes me sick to my stomach and I feel it is more than being patriotic NOT to comply, it is a down right slap in those soldiers faces to comply with any gun or freedom law.----006
Model A Uzi’s
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sixgun wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:17 pm
Ysabel Kid wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:13 pm

Kid.....the left is bat crazy...the ones on the right who talk this way are scared.....most people who give in want to live any way they can. When I watch ww2 documentaries ad see what our soldiers went through to keep this nation great makes me sick to my stomach and I feel it is more than being patriotic NOT to comply, it is a down right slap in those soldiers faces to comply with any gun or freedom law.----006
Agreed Six. I hate to say it, but I am thankful my uncle - the WWII/D-Day veteran - passed away in October. Seeing what is happening to the country he fought for would have killed him.

Like I said, my ancestors didn't fight in almost every war this country has had for me to tuck tail and grovel to the government, giving them willingly my rights and freedoms.

I WILL NOT COMPLY.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well.....this what I heard on OAN today........Biden plans to lift the restrictions that prevent people from suing gun manufacturers when their gun is used in a crime......Ha.....

Those monkeys in Chicago will have 2,000 lawsuits in one weekend........we have our hands full.....be ready.....

I WILL NOT COMPLY...I like that Kid...YOU coined it....----6
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Not trying to give anyone any ideas. When the Commies started the takeover in Russia, they killed all the Lawyers. They also killed the Politicians. The Commie takeover has already started. I expect Lawyers to start being killed in February.
D. Brian Casady
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

I rode out to Big Dog outfitters in va yesterday to look for ammo, ( just looking). Took my sil with me. Plenty of ammo in stock of all kinds.. Prices too high for me!. My sil bought three 30 rd mags for his ar while he could and a couple of thirty rd clips for his ruger .22 rifle. They were busy , but courteous. My sil overheard a conversation about one couple was asking where they can get their training for their hql permit, The guy behind the counter was telling them about ptp gun traininr who lives nearby, but the trainer was an azzhole and a backstabber, what that guy didn't know was my sil and the trainer are best buds! the trainer's uncle owns the print company i work for. We didn't say anything, everybody entitled to their opinion. My son got his hql through ptp. They have two trainers, the one trainer is real nice, but the owner is an exmarine and does sometimes talk down to people. I don't think he realizes that and nobody ever said anything to his face about it. I Received my hql through another company. But, ptp does train you the right way, and very well, just he can be short sometimes. If you are thick skin, all good , if you are a karen or a snowflake, you won't like him !
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

It's not just supplies either.

I inherited and was gifted two different lots of reloading stuff including duplicates of equipment, several being new in box. I sold it through Armslist (before they started charging), Craig's and Marketplace. Every buyer was under 35 and told me to keep their numbers in case I had anything else to sell.

Do I have enough to weather the storm? Who knows, depends on how long the storm lasts.

Post by Alphawolf45 »

I like it that seems everybody here reloads.. Personally I completely despise reloading but I have to do it. I am fortunate to have a nice stockpile of components , BUT now I want to shoot enough to get decent at a shooting match that I am not any good at . I didnt stockpile enough to fire that 10,000plus practice rounds that I hadnt planned on- and I got a healthy sized wheelbarrow load of other guns that need to be fed.. .. Reckon some smart feller can figger out how to reuse primers? :D
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I consider anything less than 5,000 primers for particular size I use to be panic time. So I'm a little concerned now as I'm just over 5,000 large rifle primers. But I could use some of my magnum rifle primers since I own no magnum rifle chamberings. And I might even dip into large pistol if I had to, but I shoot a lot of large pistol primer cases too, so hate to go that route.
I've usually got around 30,000 primers on hand, but down to around 20,000 now, which is disconcerting.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

marlinman93 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:03 am I consider anything less than 5,000 primers for particular size I use to be panic time. So I'm a little concerned now as I'm just over 5,000 large rifle primers. But I could use some of my magnum rifle primers since I own no magnum rifle chamberings. And I might even dip into large pistol if I had to, but I shoot a lot of large pistol primer cases too, so hate to go that route.
I've usually got around 30,000 primers on hand, but down to around 20,000 now, which is disconcerting.
Some places you would be considered to be in need of help for your small amount. It all just depends on where you live and what sort of people live near you.
D. Brian Casady
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Yes, how much ammo I have concerns me more than how many primers. If something went sideways I wouldn't want to be sitting at the loading bench trying to catch up!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/