This rifle is still going strong

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

This rifle is still going strong

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

It has been passed through a couple of Shootists and it has been used in Alaska and Arizona, and now it lives in Texas (with me).

It was so good to find this old article again.

http://www.leverguns.com/articles/taylor/rossi.htm
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: This rifle is still going strong

Post by Griff »

Love the two I have... superbly handy rifles!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Currently have Rossis in 45 Colt and 357 Trapper and Browning B92 in 44 Mag. Thanks for the article.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

I had forgotten about writing that Scott! Thanks. That was a fun gun and slicked up really nice. I am happy that it is still running well. I have a nice Model 92 rifle that Paco gave me but I have never tried to slick it up like I did that one. After all the months working on it and getting it running I swore I would never do another and so far I have kept that promise. :D
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Around ten years ago while shopping online I ran across a Rossi short rifle 20"heavy octagon .357. who ever had it before Me must have had or done the whole 9 yards to it as it is as smooth and slick as can be . I gave it to My Daughter & son in law and a few years ago found one in 44-40 new in the box on gunbroker. I did most of the work on it that is on the Steves guns video and it too is one heck of a rifle.
If I ever show a picture of my Rossi I will wrap the forearm with bailing wire to make Sixgun happy. :D .
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

JimT wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:06 am I had forgotten about writing that Scott! Thanks. That was a fun gun and slicked up really nice. I am happy that it is still running well. I have a nice Model 92 rifle that Paco gave me but I have never tried to slick it up like I did that one. After all the months working on it and getting it running I swore I would never do another and so far I have kept that promise. :D
Jim,

This old gun is just as slick as the first time I shot it at the Shootists' Holiday. I just lovingly oil it and shoot it on occasion, mostly with .38s. But I must admit that every time I shoot it, I think about our "accident" at the competitor's housing where we were picking up the ammo from the dirt. I think it was Rene Brost that took a compromising photo that wasn't from our best angle.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

These days any side is my best side. :oops:
Woodtroll
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Woodtroll »

And here I thought this was going to be about Big-Nose Kate! Are you still taking her shooting? I sure did enjoy all your stories about shooting that Sharps - load development, sights, and just shooting in the field.

Glad to see you back, Scott.
Running the ridges and rivers of Virginia's southern Appalachians
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Woodtroll wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:07 pm And here I thought this was going to be about Big-Nose Kate! Are you still taking her shooting? I sure did enjoy all your stories about shooting that Sharps - load development, sights, and just shooting in the field.

Glad to see you back, Scott.
The original Big Nose Kate was a .45-70 and I did well with that rifle. But I like the one I have now even better. Its a Shiloh Military Carbine in .50-70. I need to get it out and shoot it again.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Big Nose Kate. Mine has the patch box and the other belongs to John Linebaugh.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Both are.50-70s and I like to think that John’s came up from Texas with some Buffalo hunter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.