Bad news for you guys who had canoe accidents

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Bad news for you guys who had canoe accidents

Post by gamekeeper »

If you lost all your guns in a boating accident this guy is finding them... :roll:

https://youtu.be/Q4Bk1QlkXS8
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
JimT
Shootist

Re: Bad news for you guys who had canoe accidents

Post by JimT »

Not a gun guy ... he couldn't tell it was a Model 94 Winchester. But a cool find!
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

gamekeeper wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:32 am If you lost all your guns in a boating accident...
Good thing mine was while boating offshore, over 350 feet deep, spread across 4 miles as we slowly took on water... :wink:

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Old No7 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:07 am
gamekeeper wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:32 am If you lost all your guns in a boating accident...
Good thing mine was while boating offshore...
Just found this... :wink:

Gun Boat.jpg

Old No7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I've got a Marlin Model 1893 saddlering carbine that a friend's boys found in the creek behind his property many years ago. It hangs over my safe along with an 1881 Marlin dug up near Wounded Knee, and another 1881 dug up by a farmer plowing his field here in Oregon. And a modern 336 Marlin found in an old burned down cabin in the woods of Eastern Oregon.
I've always liked dug up, or found relics, and they must like me too, 'cause they keep finding me. Funny how all of mine have been Marlins too. I once found a modern Model 60 Marlin sticking up out of the water in a pond while bass fishing. Water levels were lower than normal and I saw the barrel and mag tube sticking out about 6". I knew it was a gun, but surprised it was a Marlin. I cleaned it up, reblued the barrel and mag tube. Stock was still good, just needed a couple weeks of drying to shrink back down. Had my wife's uncle check to make sure it wasn't stolen, and sold it to my apprentice at the time.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

That’ll buff right out... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "