Walker Game Ear ??

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Walker Game Ear ??

Post by Bullard4075 »

Any experiences, opinions? You guys are the smartest bunch I know but then again I don't get out much. :D :D

https://www.walkersgameear.com/game-ear/
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Walker Game Ear ??

Post by GunnyMack »

Funny you bring this up as we were discussing these this morning! One of the guys I bird hunt with has the ones that you control with your cell phone. He got a new phone and was having trouble getting them to sync up.

I have been thinking about getting a pair myself.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

I have one of these on the way to me from Mid South Shooters Supply at a great price. It only has one review however. Hopefully it works well. I like the fact its a little bit harder to misplace with the neck ring. Battery life may be short but with judicial use it may be fine. I have a JBL portable speaker I use as a battery charger/back-up. I don't think it will be an issue for me.

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/ ... ugs-nrr-31

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I have an older set that works great.

Has the ability to to connect to their old IR Game Finder, but I've never used that function.

Been thinking about upgrading.
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

I've always wanted to try one, but hate to spend out the money just to find they don't work for me.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Not sure if it's quite the same thing but I bought my son some earmuffs a few years ago. They shut out loud noises and amplify quiet ones. I can say that they really do amplify subtle noise.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I've used the Howard Leight electronic muffs for years - great sound quality (you hear deer footsteps you'd otherwise miss if you turn up the volume) yet it stifles gunshots.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Howard-Leigh ... n/16550661

....plus they keep your ears warm.... :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

I find that ear muffs interfere with my shooting ability in a rifle often, of any kind. Why I went for ear buds, and ear buds connected to a neck ring. Hopefully they will work!

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)

cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

I hunted with electronic muffs once, turned up nice and loud. I could hear everything! Everything with no sense of what direction it was coming from. Every leaf that fell sounded like a twig falling. A squirrel running in the leaves sounded like a buck! I didn't like it.

That night laying in my bunk, I realized my ears were ringing and I didn't know why. Then it hit me, listening to that pumped up volume all day. I never took them in the woods again.
Slow is just slow.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

cas wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:49 pm I hunted with electronic muffs once, turned up nice and loud. I could hear everything! Everything with no sense of what direction it was coming from. Every leaf that fell sounded like a twig falling. A squirrel running in the leaves sounded like a buck! I didn't like it.

That night laying in my bunk, I realized my ears were ringing and I didn't know why. Then it hit me, listening to that pumped up volume all day. I never took them in the woods again.
The secret is to turn them up just enough to be about like the background noise - NOT too loud...! Crank them up loud for just a minute if need be to check out a particular sound. ALSO - some are not 'stereo' and they offer no sense of direction, but the GOOD ones (Howard Leight's I have) have excellent directional capability.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Just saw this at a good price - similar to what I use but the 'Walker' brand...

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021568860

I don't know if I'd use the 'walkie-talkie' feature though. Quieter to just use a cellphone and text.... :wink:
Last edited by AJMD429 on Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Doc, not sure what version you are referring too. My new ones arrived with the neck brace, not sure at all how they perform so far. -Tutt

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I switched to electronic ear muffs years ago when many other guys at matches had them, and asked me to stop yelling when I talked to them. I immediately loved them, and quickly realized why they asked me to stop yelling once I had them also. I have no issue with any part of them, but I rarely turn them full volume as once people begin to speak I adjust the volume down to a comfortable level.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

CowboyTutt wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:44 pm Doc, not sure what version you are referring too. My new ones arrived with the neck brace, not sure at all how they perform so far. -Tutt
Forgot the link... :oops: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021568860

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

CowboyTutt wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:44 pm Doc, not sure what version you are referring too. My new ones arrived with the neck brace, not sure at all how they perform so far. -Tutt
:oops: ... I forgot the link. Fixed above.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021568860

EdinCT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by EdinCT »

I have profound hearing loss from a lifetime of working construction and shooting. I tried the Walkers you have linked and they worked ok except in the wind the speakers would pickup the wind so I couldn't hear anything else on a calm day they worked ok.One windy day I took them out and placed them in a pocket and lost them.
I have two sets of muffs now, one the Slim line which I like the fit but they only have two speakers and direction is useless, I lost a pheasant once because by the time I located him at take off he was out of range!
I have a pair of Cabelas muffs with four speakers that are much better! I used them yesterday when hunting and after shooting a spike buck thought what would my life of been like if I had these since my youth. being deaf isn't a good thing.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

EdinCT, was that MY link, or Doc's. Thank you for your input. I'm also trying to figure this hearing aid stuff out. Your information is very useful. Thanks for participating.

-Tutt

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I never knew of ones with four speakers...!

Are they front/back or up/down, or what...?
Are there four microphones too...?

EdinCT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by EdinCT »

Doc's link was the one I referred to. I have seen the neck band but the head phones are working out. Even through a pouring day that I thought might do them in I hung them in a place where they dried and 4 years still going!
I have to say if I could do life over I might spend more on hearing protection than rifles.