Proposed Texas Gun Control filed ...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Proposed Texas Gun Control filed ...

Post by JimT »

Monday was the first day for pre-filing bills and legislators backed by Bloomberg and Beto submitted more than three dozen measures attacking our rights.

House Bill 52 & House Bill 245 BANNING private firearms sales at gun shows.

House Bill 118 BANNING private firearms transfers between certain family members and friends, requiring FFLs to process these transactions that would include federal paperwork for government approval at an undetermined fee.

House Bill 127 BANNING long gun open carry with limited exceptions.

House Bill 164 & House Bill 395 red flag GUN CONFISCATION legislation requiring firearms surrender without due process.

House Bill 172 & House Bill 241 BANNING the sale or transfer and possession of commonly-owned semi-automatic firearms.

House Bill 178 & House Bill 234 BANNING the sale or transfer and possession of standard capacity magazines that hold more than 10 rounds.

House Bill 185 MANDATING firearms to be stored in locked gun cases, safes, or cabinets.

House Bill 196 REPEALING key elements of Texas' Castle Doctrine law, including stand your ground and no-duty-to-retreat.

House Bill 201 REPEALING Texas' Campus Carry law.

House Bill 231 RAISING THE MINIMUM AGE for purchase of semi-automatic rifles and shotguns.

House Bill 236 GUTTING the "30.06 and 30.07" signage requirements for businesses and making it easier for establishments to ban License-To-Carry holders from their premises.

House Bill 238 REPEALING the state firearms preemption law and allowing local governments to restrict guns as they please.

They will file more legislation in the coming months so now is the time to start contacting your State Representative and TELL THEM TO OPPOSE all gun control legislation.
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Proposed Texas Gun Control filed ...

Post by piller »

Thanks for the post Jim. I am glad to have Alan West in there now. He should be a big help.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

:evil: :evil:
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

People (law) will only do to you what you allow them to.

There is waaaayyyy more of us than there is of them.

Most L.E. and the military is on OUR side. The upper echelon is blue....rank and file is red.

Most smart people say it's always best for the courts to decide. Sorry, we are now past that stage. Let's see how big the
testicles are on us. This takeover by the left is up to us, we, you, me, my family, your family. Once our guns are gone, we will be subjects.

I WILL NOT live in a world where I am controlled......I will not use my firearms in secret. (Some people are saying they lost their guns in a boating accident :D ).....

Like the real warriors say, "LET THEM COME AND TAKE IT!!!---....6....
Model A Uzi’s
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sixgun wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:34 pm People (law) will only do to you what you allow them to.

There is waaaayyyy more of us than there is of them.

Most L.E. and the military is on OUR side. The upper echelon is blue....rank and file is red.

Most smart people say it's always best for the courts to decide. Sorry, we are now past that stage. Let's see how big the
testicles are on us. This takeover by the left is up to us, we, you, me, my family, your family. Once our guns are gone, we will be subjects.

I WILL NOT live in a world where I am controlled......I will not use my firearms in secret. (Some people are saying they lost their guns in a boating accident :D ).....

Like the real warriors say, "LET THEM COME AND TAKE IT!!!---....6....
And if all of us stand together, the LEFTIST LOSE.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

This stuff is both predictable and extremely disheartening. And this is in by-God TEXAS? :evil:
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have sent e-mail already. Letters to follow. At least Texas put Allen West in office.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

We are "past e-mails, letters, phone calls." The receiving end probably don't even read them as it's obvious the left is NOT worrying about reelection.....the left is winning hands down and it's done by cheating and promising free S to the bums of this country, of which now make up the majority.

We just had an election after a year of major turmoil of which 90% of it made no sense and was HURTFUL TO THE FUTURE. For the left to falsely win the presidency, hold the house and put the senate on the balancing scales shows the RIGHT we are doomed.

After all that has happened you would think the right would have won in the largest landslide in the history of Earth, excepting third world communist countries.

There's only one way we can bring sensibility back into this great nation......for the scientists to develope a microbe that kills off anyone with an IQ of less than 80.

PENNSYLVANIA governor just enacted a law that says we have to wear masks INSIDE OUR HOMES!!!!! And you know what? .....many will follow this asinine "law".

I'm disgusted...I'm moving to Mexico
Model A Uzi’s
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I don't see any of this passing with the current makeup of the Texas Legislature. Our current Governor is not going to sign off either.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

With the Left wanting to decrease the number of Police Officers, I seriously want to know how this will be enforced. How???
D. Brian Casady