Didn't realize how dangerous books are !!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Didn't realize how dangerous books are !!

Post by gamekeeper »

Ordered a book off Amazon "Firearms,Traps and Tools of the Mountain Men" apparently it cannot be delivered to anyone under 18 years of age. :shock: maybe I should keep it locked in the Gunsafe too.... :roll:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Didn't realize how dangerous books are !!

Post by OldWin »

With Kristalnacht well underway here in the US, the book burning and banning should be along soon.

The new dark ages are here.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I think you're right..... :(
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:10 am I think you're right..... :(
I'm pretty confident I'm right. I think the vast majority of people only don't see it because it's too scary. Everyone likes to think "something can be done". They think a majority of Supreme Court justices makes a difference in a country where the constitution is shredded and violated daily.
That's how we got here in the first place.
Truth is, the same ones have been in control of the education, health care, and alphabet agencies all along.
Laws aren't the issue, bureaucracies are.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Can these (dangerous) books be sent to you private party from the US?
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

mikld wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:14 am Can these (dangerous) books be sent to you private party from the US?
I received the book today, the driver looked embarrassed to ask me for identification, he said he had to ask for identification for non alcoholic beer too !
You can bet it's because Firearms are mentioned in the book title... :roll:
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Any idea that others don't agree with is dangerous. Why if those long ago folks hadn't had "dangerous" ideas we'd still be kneeling to the queen.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Un-freaking real... :evil:
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I don't know what this has to do with Gamekeepers book but something here turned on the lightbulb so I got to blurt it out.

Gamekeeper...told you before...come on over, I'll set ya up with a bed, eats, and some good guns and we will go shopping for lots of stuff for you to take back.....we will just change the book covers.

You want to see what's really going on?.....FOX NEWS is turning left......Tucker, Hannity and Laura are still doing their part but something tells me the rest of them are caving in to the sponsors leftist demands as demanded by high command of Fox. Martha and Shannon should be on CNN. .......Life, Liberty, and Levin is still good but hpthe Greg Gutfield show is turning into showtime....

I've been watching OAN...One America News lately and I'm seeing stories I never knew was going on. Their reporters are going into the heart of certain states and cities and interviewing citizens who are telling stories how frustrated they are with illegals, blah blah....half the commercials too.......less sensationalism and entertainment than Fox.

Their gal reporters are younger and better looking too.------006
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

Banned books is just part of the problem.The whole world just shut down over a virus that even full transmission is 3x less likely to end your life than cancer and obesity. They used non elected officials to over ride the best written constitutions in history, and no one even got to cast a vote. The founding fathers of all our nations are looking down from heaven right now doing a great big facepalm.
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

We watch news on OAN, opinion on Fox and Fox Bus. OAN isn't afraid to hire pretty newsies, but they are more girl-next-door and universally good at what they do. Reporting not opining. Tucker tells too much truth to last long at Fox but I guess ratings are still important. We also like Lou Dobbs, he doesn't worry much about feelings.

We had the ultimate dangerous book. Our Grandmother gave it to my brother and I because it was our Dad's favorite book. We were at first suspicious, Dad wasn't known to enjoy reading for recreation. It was printed in the 30's and titled "The Boy Inventor".

Two examples. The first thing we started to build was a crossbow using a Model T spring. Dad found that one and cut the spring in half with his torch.

Built several relatively benign things then the ultimate. The book detailed a devise to climb metal light poles so boys could make money painting them. What could go wrong right? So my brother builds one to use for a senior prank and put 72 tires over the flag pole in front of our high school. Not dangerous at all.