Memories

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Memories

Post by JimT »

Going through some stuff I came across some pictures from "the good old days" ... back when I and my kids were younger and we were roaming the mountains of southern Arizona. I ain't complaining about 'now' ... just enjoying the memories.
horse3.jpg
My oldest daughter and I ... out on a day-long trip scouting some hunting country. It was a warm day and we were happy to find a little water for the horses. We took off their saddles and let them roll and then ate lunch while they munch on whatever they could find.
IMG_0160.JPG
Packing out a nice Mule deer I shot with the Model 71 .348 .... this was written up in the article The Mulie, The Winchester and The Wreck. This was taken before the wreck.
ort.jpg
Me and some friends at about 6000 feet elevation on the Oracle Ridge Trail above the town of Oracle, AZ. The mule my friend is on was a cranky one and some months later, down in the Aravaipa it bucked a rider off among some boulders and the rider's back was broken. They had to get a helicopter to get him out.
oracle_gal.JPG
Me on Shay's Gal ... a great Three Bars mare who made a really good mountain horse. Her sister was Quarter Horse of the Year in ... 1989 I think it was.

Good Memories for which I am thankful.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Memories

Post by piller »

Looks like a lot of fun.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

It's a long time since I did any proper riding, the last horse (Navajo pony) I sat on was in Monument Valley.
I really miss those days in the New Forest in the south of England riding my friends Quarter Horses but the memories are good.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Beautiful mare Jim, love the refined pretty shape of the head.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

octagon wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:30 pm Beautiful mare Jim, love the refined pretty shape of the head.
She had a great blood line ... back to Three Bars on the Quarter Horse side ... Native Dancer on the thoroughbred side. She was intelligent and had great stamina. She became a good friend and companion. I miss her.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

tranquil comes to mind
1894c

Post by 1894c »

I too like looking back at old trips and hunts, always good memories... I am always thankful that I had the opportunity... :)
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Good stuff all right, Jim. Do you miss Arizona? Would you ever return to live there?
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:06 am Good stuff all right, Jim. Do you miss Arizona? Would you ever return to live there?
I do miss living in the mountains and deserts of Arizona. Unfortunately I doubt I will return to live there. Age is creeping up on me and realistically I don't know that I could make it in the places that I would want to live. No cities for me!
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Jim,

I was reminded of these old photos when we got together in Arkansas a few weeks back.

I ought to dig through some of mine as well.

Buena suerte Amigo,

Scott
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:01 pm Jim,

I was reminded of these old photos when we got together in Arkansas a few weeks back.

I ought to dig through some of mine as well.

Buena suerte Amigo,

Scott
It was good to spend a little time with you and your bride!