The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: The Gun Room

Post by Old Savage »

Tractor,? What tractor?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

And 8:20 on the 20th is 20:20 20 20 20 military time.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Gunny is from Jersey? Where? On the packing, the history I can find goes back to FDR in the 30s. An 1869 Bill stipulates 9 but the legislature could change it. FDR tried but was not successful.

The Hawaiian says she asks everyone about sexual advances. Guess she is having issues finding takers.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Nice board Six, I keep my dremel bits in a Speer bullets box- I don't have anywhere near as many as you do. I'd like one of those flexible shafts but I'd prefer a Fordom tool to run it. Kinda like a dremel on steroids.

I just read that the government is now allowing the removal of both California and Stellar sea lions that are killing too many salmon/steelhead that are trying to spawn. Yes lethal means- I wonder if there will be a true hunting season? What is a record book sea lion?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

You mean Gunny wasn’t thinking of taking up Team tennis? I thought was gonna pack tennis courts? Now I feel dumb :lol:
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Gunny ...... where in Jersey?

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Gunny"..I have one of those Dremels on steroids.....in fact 2.....the one pictured will grind through a cinder block and I have a Crasftsman chain saw sharpener which is also a flex shaft. The motor on dat one be's foe inches in diamuter. :D used to be ma daddy's.

Yea Fred...Gunny lives in Jersey....NORTH jersey just east of the pocono's.....far away from the toilets of Hoboken or Newark. I don't consider him to be a typical Jerseyian the same way I don't consider you to be a whacko bleeding heart Kalifornian or Jay to be a redneck Maineian.....or Griff and Piller to be a torso dragging Texan....just me and T Bone are the true whacko'.

As we age our pressure points change......some things that never bothered me now bother me....like politics.....these no good politicians in our county have run out of money to fund the Chester school district due to a non existent tax base....everyone is on the rolls of being a bum.....our school structure funding here in Pa is based in your district according to the income of its residents....the way it should be.....ours, naturally is top notch while Chester is crumbling so they "reassess" everyone's homes to get more money and secretly channel it to Chester where the most expensive house is worth $17. No, I ain't laughing...

When I was a kid they were building the new Chester High School and I remember the older kids saying the school was only half completed but it was full of graffiti.
Model A Uzi’s
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Sixgun wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:16 pmThank Griff.......how's the tractor coming along?
{fixed that syntax foopah), and just fine, Disassembly is nearly complete, parts are arriving nearly every day for the next few... but, darn... the parts are nearing the budget I set... I'm not going to count the one tire I need... (it's a consumable... right?)! :roll:
Old Savage wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:13 amTractor,? What tractor?
Ford 3000, 1965 vintage.
Close to what it looked like 29 years ago... and it's been rode hard and put up wet more than once in the intervening years.
29 years ago.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

My wife is not talking to me......I asked her a simple question and she told me to "get out of her face, NOW!"

When an Italian woman tells you to do something, you do it.

We always talk about when we were kids and our mindset etc....so I asked her that when the cows were in the barn in their jacks during milking time and while her father was in the milk house ...or somewhere where they weren't that did her and her sisters ever try milking the bull just to see what happens?

Well, looks like I get to spend the day by myself. :D
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Griff,
After it's all painted and the internals all refreshed...and of course, when the tires are replaced, can I have it?

Hey, whatever happened to those guys down your way who drug that guy around behind their pick up? Were they rightfully executed?---6
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Forgot to award Fred's prize for winning page 128. Hell, I gave away all of Pitchys stuff so I might as well give away Griff's----006

Griff...if you don't mind here's how I want it to look.

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well, it's a big day.
So last Friday, I had to run out to the middle boy's place with a 32' extension ladder. It was over to the old man's so I put it on Old Red cause it has a roof rack.
Dad had said it had a "little shake" at low speed a couple weeks ago but I hadn't checked it out yet. I pulled out of the driveway and WOW! It was a severe case of the wobbles. I almost turned around.
I was worried it had a broken control arm bolt or something. I checked it out and nope, broken belt on the passenger side rear tire. Now mind you, these 31x10.5x15 mudders are 21 years old and this is the third vehicle they've been on, so. It dawned on me that we've had Old Red since 2004 and it had never had new tires. Been working through our used tire collection for 16 years.
Got a buddy that runs a tire business so up we went. I have BFG MT KM2s on the Rubicon and love them but he couldn't find any now that we live in a 3rd world country.
We did score a set of Cooper STT Pro mudders though. I'm stoked. They are great tires. Got a few buds that run em.
Old Red is stylin'. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well...that's because YOU are MR JEEP.....a broken belt? Never heard of such a thing but I'm not an off roader like you..

Yep, you and me think alike, get our money's worth out of everything, even dangerous tires!

By the way........

THANK YOU KRISTY!!!! pretty sure Jay gave you the responsibilities for his responsibility! :D

No...it's not pancakes I'll put them on...pancakes are for ""hooders"...... around here we is uppity and it's French toast.

I owe ya bud....you know, as always, if anyone here needs any supplies I have a warehouse full of this stuff that we all shoot....(just wish I had more Colts around here...seems like a few "get lost" whenever I get this visitor from Maine.....)-----006

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:53 pm Well...that's because YOU are MR JEEP.....a broken belt? Never heard of such a thing but I'm not an off roader like you..

Yep, you and me think alike, get our money's worth out of everything, even dangerous tires!

By the way........

THANK YOU KRISTY!!!! pretty sure Jay gave you the responsibilities for his responsibility! :D

No...it's not pancakes I'll put them on...pancakes are for ""hooders"...... around here we is uppity and it's French toast.

I owe ya bud....you know, as always, if anyone here needs any supplies I have a warehouse full of this stuff that we all shoot....(just wish I had more Colts around here...seems like a few "get lost" whenever I get this visitor from Maine.....)-----006

Haha yup. You know me pretty well buddy! :D
No problem bro. You owe me nothing.
I'm with you. I don't care for pancakes. French toast all the way for me too.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

You can stack your pancakes on top of my waffles with french toast in the middle, ill eat em all !!

What a long day, window trim fought us all day. Had to hand fit everything. That stuff takes time when its all stain grade stuff.

Got pics of a bear shot just down the road, its a big one- 625 pounds ( if you believe whats in print) ! This year is the last bear hunt according to our nitwit bleeding heart moron governor. Our F&G decides seasons and bag limits NOT the governor!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay,
You guys HAVE to get rid of Susan Collins ....she's a no vote on Amy Barrett.....what a piece of garbage.....
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

OW, let me join the Sixer in thanking you for the Maine maple syrup. Looking forward to trying it. Thanks again!

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

GunnyMack wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:49 pmYou can stack your pancakes on top of my waffles with french toast in the middle, ill eat em all !!
Yup! All GOOD! and better with syrup! However you want spell or pronounce it!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah, she is a piece of work. Of course, George Soro's candidate running against her is 50 times worse. That's how she keeps her job. She may lose it this time though.

You're welcome OS! Anytime.

Griff,
Hold on buddy. Got some coming your way too. I didn't forget! :D
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

OldWin wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:16 pmGriff,
No problem... I keep thinking of what I can do in return... ideas?
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Griff wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:21 pm
Not a thing buddy. No sweat. Glad to do it.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I believe a good gesture would be to put your Ford tractor in your trailer, hook up the Rose and deliver it to Jay...he deserves it. ...after its restored of course.

It also wouldn't be a bad idea to leave the Rose with Jay and walk home.

Doesn't that sound like what the democrats are suggesting what people with money should be doing for the "disenfranchised?"
Model A Uzi’s
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Sixgun wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:30 pm
I believe a good gesture would be to put your Ford tractor in your trailer, hook up the Rose and deliver it to Jay...he deserves it. ...after its restored of course.
It also wouldn't be a bad idea to leave the Rose with Jay and walk home.
Doesn't that sound like what the democrats are suggesting what people with money should be doing for the "disenfranchised?"
If the retirement fund had come in... (aka Lotto), no problem... but as it is... I'm feeling like one of the disenfranchised!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yes......Yes! I deserve that.

HICK LIVES MATTER! :D

I may hire you though, Griff.
Soon as I can retire outta here, I'm selling that glorified El Camino I have and looking down south for a real truck.
May need it hauled back. I know you don't do Maine though, buddy.
No worries.

Matter of fact....
Throw on the tractor, pick up 6 and the boys, and you can all put me in a nice food plot up to the lot.
Maybe build me a cabin too.

I will sit and watch while sipping "Pine Pitch Julips". :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well if Griff is taking us north we can then load my moose and bring it home ( inside joke) ! You guys can sit on the food plot, me & the girls are going grouse hunting!

Yup, Big Fat & Fugly ( soros) needs to be stopped somehow.

Well rain today, we are going back to the munchkin house to build a stand for a steam radiator. The house has settled so much over the years and the floors sanded too many times that the radiator leans forward dangerously- plumbing is all that holds it in place. Wonder how many times I'm gonna whack my head on door jambs today?

Tomorrow morning I've got a guy showing up to set his mobile sporting clays setup for our annual fish & game club shoot. Since I won the shoot last year I also 'won' the privilege of getting this years shoot organized.

Huh imagine that, sleepy joes press guy says the new information about his son is all lies.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I believe I was awarded the Ford tractor (restored of course). So everybody meet at Six's to help haul my trailer, logs and other past goodies out here with the tractor. You can make it a reality show. Cross country on a Ford. Be a little like the Beverly Hillbillies coming west. Worth a mint.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

20201016_103552.jpg
Here is the radiator platform you can see just how out of level/ flat the floor is! Our top line is now level L to R and front to back.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Takes some kind of talent to make those wonkie joints all match! Good stuff GunnyMack!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

STOP all of this nonsense! Tractors, logs, stupid water heaters, hick lives matter, munchkin house, black rose, ....all this silly juvenile talk.......IM IN THE BIG HOUSE....... :D

I tell ya, I'm sitting in the Media courthouse under rules I don't like....showed up 45 minutes early.........you talk about degenerates...all over the place....lawyers, criminals, secretaries all trying to look pretty,

Well, I did get free parking...and free WiFi.
Last edited by Sixgun on Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

:P :P :P Aren't you being a little redundant: lawyers, criminals... same thing, no?
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Farming on plants, spitting on a bench what have these kids become? Well whats the verdict?

Yes that kind of scribe work can be tedious but in this case it was 1st cut & done! Not as difficult as people think. Very basic skill to scribe, especially in this case. Now trying to scribe to stone- well thats a whole nuther thing!!
20190815_080450.jpg
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Farting on plants, spitting on a bench what have these kids become? Well whats the verdict?

Yes that kind of scribe work can be tedious but in this case it was 1st cut & done! Not as difficult as people think. Very basic skill to scribe, especially in this case. Now trying to scribe to stone- well thats a whole nuther thing!
20190815_080450.jpg
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

aIs it real stone? Best I could do is smash it with a hatchet and hope the lines are close.

Verdict? I don't know .......I was a bit intimidated...I thought it was going to be a little room like 9x12 and we were going to be sitting at a 4x6 table with fold out chairs....like it was 20 or so years ago....I was wrong.

A real deal courtroom with seven people behind plexiglass shields

I did have my Sunday best on........a nice fresh "1791 coiled rattlesnake" hat, which I took off as I entered the room.....a fairly new pair of $16 Costco jeans an a $18 flannel shirt, stained 3 year old pair of Hanes tighty whiteys, a $150 hand made leather belt with a solid brass buckle and a pair of $400 Redwings and on my feet was a pair of 5 year old worn out socks with holes where the big toe is....a man has to have his priorities.

They asked me a mess of questions and as I approached the table with my iPad to show them the pictures.

I saw they had the county topographical maps there with my property in the middle of it which I'm sure it showed "flood plain"...

They said I'd get a letter in the mail.--6
Last edited by Sixgun on Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yup real stone, but its cut thin like tile. Here you can see more of it
20190819_132159.jpg
Very tedious to install & im glad I didn't install it !!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

What holds all the stone to the wall? The beam came out of a barn somewhere......nice......
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

It's a Portland cement that holds it fast. Yes that beam and another were purchased somewhere down by you Six. I hung them off of hidden shelf hardware, a few ledger lok screws as backup. They just seem to float there without being able to see any fasteners.

Today is F&G club shoot. Decided to shoot my Winchester mod 23. I haven't shot it much since last summer, I figure I can use the practice to prep for the next ZZ Bird shoot. Of course I'll bring my Perazzi along as well!

Was at the pet store yesterday, the owner is a friend. Hey did you order the Seresto tick collars? No they didn't come in. She says here try this all natural collar. Boy what a stink, cedar wood oil & Peppermint oil. It's a good stink but I'll tell you Winnie doesn't like it!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Dogs sure have their preferences of perfume. You gave her one she doesn't like. :lol:
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

My daughter is in the pet medicine business and she gives us these freebies for ticks and fleas....I don't know what it is but it's a little thing you break open and put it on their back. I personally don't like medicine of any type unless you need it but fleas are a real menace ......the people who live in dry areas don't get them my son was telling me......how about you Piller.....you get fleas ...looks dry where you live ---6

Nice day....--6
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

We get them. Lots of pets in the area.
D. Brian Casady
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Fleas don't care if it's wet or dry... They suck blood no matter what the humidity is! Ask your daughter how much flea & tick spray the sell in AZ!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

We use those drops on the back/neck/shoulders area. So far none of the dogs has had heartworms or other Paris-ites.
Know what they call someone from Baltimore?
A Baltimoron.
From Hamburg?
A Hamburger.
From Paris?
A Parisite.

Sure glad I am from Texas. Being called a Texan is a good thing.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Around here the ticks have grown immunity to the Frontline topical stuff. The Seresto collars work great but they are high $ !

When I worked at the lumber yard we flooded during a hurricane, feet of water ! After all was said and done someone went to get a soap out of the machine, klunk, rattle and nothing came out. When the machine was opened we found 3 dead baby possums inside the chute. Then for about a week we had fleas galore!!

Well, no applause- just throw money. You're looking at the only 2 time back to back winner of the annual F&G club shoot!! The guys went nuts for this mobile sporting clays. We have already decided to do the same again next year, maybe twice a year.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Well hot dog. Congratulations sir.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

CONGRATULATIONS. :mrgreen:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Congratulations Gunny!
You are the official shotgun king of the gunroom thread!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Congrats Gunny!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Thanks guys !
One of the guys in the club brought 2 guns for me to work on. Change a front sight and try to figure out why the top barrel of his Beretta 20 ga only fires intermittently. Sight is done. Remove the recoil pad and wouldn't ya know it its an allen, metric and 9 inches inside the stock. So do I spend time & money driving around trying to find a 6mm hey wrench or just look on Amazon? Amazon wins again... I know bozos gets more $ but geeze its just so handy!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

CONGRATES Master Gunny! Yep...the Gun Room post should be changed to "The Winners Circle". :D

Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Griff......where'd you get those people clapping?
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Gunny.......HERES YOUR PRIZE!!!......just came in from a neighbor.......it was delivered to them....UPS switched our 396 to 369.....

Model A Uzi’s