"300 pounds of ammunition — thousands of rounds, 'enough for a small war'..."

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

"300 pounds of ammunition — thousands of rounds, 'enough for a small war'..."

Post by AJMD429 »

https://www.tacticalshit.com/wa-man-sen ... host-guns/

.....a pretty small 'war', I'm thinking.... :roll:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: "300 pounds of ammunition — thousands of rounds, 'enough for a small war'..."

Post by J Miller »

300 pounds? Snort, snicker, chuckle .........

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: "300 pounds of ammunition — thousands of rounds, 'enough for a small war'..."

Post by Grizz »

300 pounds ? ONLY 300 POUNDS?? Fire that logistics guy and do a panic aquisition asap . . .
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I think that Texas will consider you under prepared if you have only 300 pounds of ammunition. Of course, we are one State in which we at one time were the frontier. They still have laws on the books about how much ammunition you need and when you must help the Rangers.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Merle
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Merle »

AJMD429 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:15 pm https://www.tacticalshit.com/wa-man-sen ... host-guns/

.....a pretty small 'war', I'm thinking.... :roll:
300 lbs = thousands of rounds? what caliber??? :roll:
Merle from PA
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Is that total? I bet I have that much 12 gauge and I don’t shoot shotgun much.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Yeah - if rounds weighed 70 grains, you'd only have 100 per pound, so 300 pounds would be 30,000, but that would be pretty light ammo (maybe 223...?). With 40 caliber or larger, the bullets alone would likely be 350 grains or more, and that would be only 20 per pound. Add a case and propellent and primer, and you might be down to 15 per pound. In that case, 300 pounds would be only 4,500 rounds.

That's what makes buying lead for casting sort of depressing....

Henry the Hopeful - "Man, I just got 100 pounds of lead the other day...!"
Charlie the Caster - "Well, that will get me about 1,500 bullets..."
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

What if ol Henry hopeful had this four and a half foot long two foot deep and 20 inch wide box of lead? I bet he would be Henry REALLY Hopeful.
C7AFB7B0-0417-443C-AF93-65EB539C6A73.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

That would keep your .30-30 happy for a good while.
D. Brian Casady
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

fordwannabe wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:13 am What if ol Henry hopeful had this four and a half foot long two foot deep and 20 inch wide box of lead? I bet he would be Henry REALLY Hopeful.C7AFB7B0-0417-443C-AF93-65EB539C6A73.jpeg
Spray paint that lead yellow, and stick it in an old freezer, and when they outlaw 'bullets' you can just tell them its your sweet-corn crop from last year.... :D

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Corn with a bite! I thought it had to be run through a still to have a bite.
D. Brian Casady
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Part of the confusion is that when you talk 'rounds' or 'cartridges' or 'magazines' or 'clips' or 'bullets', the proudly-ignorant virtue-signaling hoplophobes get confused... The idea that a cartridge is needed to shoot the bullet that is contained in it, and that a cartridge is a 'round', of which a magazine holds a few or a few dozen, perhaps being loaded more quickly via a 'clip', is all completely foreign to them.

I've shown people a 'brick' of 22 LR, and told them how when my kids were little (you know, the age where handling 22 LR semiautomatic rifles is NORMAL - say age 10 to 15), they would go through three or four 'boxes' that size in a weekend, and I'd ask them to guess how many 'rounds' that represented..... When I'd say "2,000 rounds" they would be shocked.

I'd then explain that in my college-age days, when I had a bit of time to shoot semi-competitively, I would buy several thousand rounds at a time so they would be the same 'lot number' and most uniform, since I didn't have time to reload like I did as a high-school kid.

Some people are shockingly sheltered, and live in a socioeconomic bubble, with such a narrow cultural horizon it's a wonder they can function. THOSE people are called 'progressives' and 'liberals' and 'Democrats'.....the people who actually have experienced multicultural living, and experienced different socioeconomic strata, and have empathy and understanding and compassion and respect for those with different religious beliefs, different skills, different occupations, different education, different genders, different sexual orientation, and different skin color....are CONSERVATIVES... :|

Unfortunately, there are millions of trust-fund babies who went to expensive colleges, and < gasp > stayed in a 'ghetto' area, so although they were cushioned with Daddy's credit-card, they played the 'role' - drove an old 'beater' car, lived in a blighted neighborhood, and volunteered somewhere at a soup kitchen or something, so they consider themselves 'culturally competent'. Some of them even took a summer off to bike through France or Germany, and stay at the hostels, and of course because of that, they are so culturally superior to the average American Midwesterner that no wonder they want to run our lives... :roll: :roll:

Merle
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Merle »

Ray wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:22 pm A few years ago at a holiday family reunion, my son and I mobbed together with an in law to buy 5,000 rounds of something. Another in law was listening and became indignant.....you know......"what honest man needs 5,000 cartridges ?"

Well, first off, it was just 5,000 divided amongst three......but anyway hoplophobes seem to want to ration your ammo quite meanly...... To them bernard fife's one bullet in his breast pocket is too much.

Then there was this mysterious guy......

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/07/2 ... dnt-ac.cnn

when they interviewed an ex brother-in-law in Idaho, he said, "yeah, carl (the alias he knew him by) was just an amateur, wannabe prepper and survivalist. He tried but could not keep up with us !"

https://www.historicmysteries.com/jeffrey-alan-lash/

makes me wonder what they used for authority to seize all that???
Merle from PA
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
Merle
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Merle »

Ray wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:55 pm
Merle wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:35 pm
Ray wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:22 pm A few years ago at a holiday family reunion, my son and I mobbed together with an in law to buy 5,000 rounds of something. Another in law was listening and became indignant.....you know......"what honest man needs 5,000 cartridges ?"

Well, first off, it was just 5,000 divided amongst three......but anyway hoplophobes seem to want to ration your ammo quite meanly...... To them bernard fife's one bullet in his breast pocket is too much.

Then there was this mysterious guy......

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/07/2 ... dnt-ac.cnn

when they interviewed an ex brother-in-law in Idaho, he said, "yeah, carl (the alias he knew him by) was just an amateur, wannabe prepper and survivalist. He tried but could not keep up with us !"

https://www.historicmysteries.com/jeffrey-alan-lash/

makes me wonder what they used for authority to seize all that???
supposed owner dead and guns unsecured as per cal. laws.....
ahh yes - unsecured.... I wonder about next of kin....
Merle from PA
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Considering how insecure their Governor is, it is no wonder their government is insecure about unsecured items.
D. Brian Casady
Merle
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Merle »

piller wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:36 pm Considering how insecure their Governor is, it is no wonder their government is insecure about unsecured items.

well said! :lol:
Merle from PA
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

Depending on actual projectile, 223 loads about 2.7lbs to the 100, 308 usually 5.2lbs to the 100 and 12ga is around 10-11lbs to the 100. Those calibres are easy to remember, weight roughly doubles every time after 223.

So 300lbs is about

11,000 x 223

or 6000 x 308

or 3000 x 12ga

Very small war. :D
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Inner city Chicago on a Saturday Night level war?
D. Brian Casady