The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Gun Room

Post by OldWin »

piller wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:52 pm Don't have a 300 BO. Right now is probably not the time to try to get one. After the war that the angry Libs start on November 4th is over, I will probably get one. Keep your powder dry.
I think there are many ballistically superior chamberings for the AR.
However, there are NONE as easy, versatile, and as survivable as 300BO. You need literally nothing special. Easily make your own brass, bullets are "sky's the limit", no special mags or bolts.
You can now go with the 300 HAMR from Wilson, and gain a couple hundred fps, but there is no factory ammo.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Jay...you WON!!!.......Here is your prize!!!! KNOWLEDGE!!!!

The 300 Blackout IS known for its accuracy but only in the group of Silhouette shooters and the military.....many of the guns chambered for it are not, that's why it gets a bad rap sometimes...It actually started off as the 300 Whisper and the 200-500 meter Silhouette guys back in (I can't remember) the eighties or nineties were using it in bolt action guns with the 220 grain bullet....the idea was the bullet never broke the sound barrier so it stayed stable out to the 500 meter rams and it actually knocked those 80 pound animals over much to everyone's surprise....recoil, as you know, was next to nothing....

Then the military was looking for a special sniper weapon that was dead silent when used with a suppressor but still had the power to penetrate.....and they renamed it the 300 Barack Obama or B.O for short.

Using that cartridge with a lighter bullet along with higher velocities made it an ideal game cartridge. The "World Book Of Top Champions acknowledges an enterprising elitist hunter/gun collector/ and all around champion from Maine for popularizing the 300 B.O. This guy had more toys in his garage than they had in the entire country of Mexico. This guy was so fast in everything he did the local population said he ran as fast as a bird could fly and as strong as a buffalo so he was named "Jay-a-lo ,after the Blue Jay and the buffalo. His girlfriend was known as J-Lo and she was a rapper. He wore a heavy buffalo coat even in the summer.

One day he was caught doing bad things with his heavy coat so in order not to be recognized, he changed his name to Kanye.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

WHAT have you been smoking today man? :D

Yeah, the 300 Whisper was around in the early 90s I think.
I have been enamored with the little cartridge for a while now. It's really fun to play with.
I can get 2450fps from the 110gr Barnes black tip pretty easy. Plenty to get the job done on deer to 150yds.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The 450 bushmaster also uses the 223 bolt but ya do need special mag followers. Every load I've tried is exactly the same POI , user friendly except for the recoil.
That 180 bullet should do just fine, deer are easy to bleed out- there have been countless deer that have died from smaller holes.

Cold today, rain it's going to be a miserable day to tear out a front entry!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I was playing with the other end of the AR spectrum yesterday. I was making empty brass from former handloads that weren’t exactly what I was looking for. I have my load that I am using in Georgia in February. Tthis was just chootin’ up a bag of mixed ammo, but fun! I also had my Puma lever in 38/357 with subsonic loads. The main reason I went was to help my son sight in his slug gun and Savage 308. As usual Savage was dead nuts on ( the guy who does his reloads has a little experience with Savages in 308, and some levergun knowledge also🤗) The slug gun had mechanical issues last year and we had to strip the scope and mount off so it was only bore sighted buuut we got it on out to 75 yards with Federal 12 gauge 3 inch which uses the Barnes 3/4 ounce ballistic tip. Devastating on a water bottle.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I can't warm up the the 300 B.O.....to me it's nearly worthless except as a short range deer gun...or maybe a silenced neighborhood ground hog gun......I'd much rather have a .223 with its superior penetrating power. You ought to try shooting the 300 B.O. past 200 meters........

Yep...colder today......what's it like up there in "freezer land", Maine?

Well...another Monday is upon us......keep.on working!---6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

For me, it's the other way around. There aren't many 200yd shots around here. Most everything is close in my AO. As such, the 300BO and 7.62x39 have way more utility than 5.56. People do hunt with 5.56 here, but you will find most are sitting over a food plot, etc., where they have a very controlled situation.

It was about 27 degrees this morning. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

First delivery- ha thats a joke! We stood around from 730 til about 10 when the truck showed up with the new front door. Was real nice having that big porch roof over us. Rained the whole time. At one point I was lamenting my decision to not put on my longy bottoms- as were the other guys!
Got the door installed and we beat feet. I got home and took the girls out then fired up the pellet stove!! Call it a test run- good way to cook stink bugs too! They try to hibernate in the flue.

If I want a 30 cal AR ill just take my AR10!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have a Mini-30. Not an AR, but the 7.62 x 39 is not too bad in a semi-auto for 200 yards or less. PillHer's Marlin beats it for accuracy and power. My Marlin 336W is not anything to brag about for accuracy. Hers is a C version. Still JM and micro-groove. It was mine until she had the stock cut down to fit her. Since she can put 6 shots in a 1.5 inch circle at 100 yards with it, I figure she earned it. I can load my Mini-30 down real slow and use 154 grain .311 bullets and it is really quiet. It may or may not cycle depending on how well lubed it is. Accuracy is minute of deer vitals, but at 30 yards it sounds like a car door shutting kind of hard.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

81.0 lbs, tick tieter test negative, vaccine boosters & a clean bill of health- Winnie is good for another year !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ya know Jay...my apologies.....my priorities are different than yours.....I too, would use the 300 BO for DEER as I believe it's a better round than the 223 for short range deer hunting....much better......it's just that I don't seriously hunt anymore and I look at an AR gun for getting other things done......NO DOUBT the .223 makes a better all around defense weapon at any range and it's a hell a lot better plinking round.......unless your plinking at baby ranges of around 100 yards.....

I get bored real fast at shooting under 100 yards...there's no challenge unless your shooting flies off the mansion wall like the Clampetts. Most all of my plinking with scope guns starts at 200 meters....the old Winchesters with open sights are good to 200 meters ...after that I just can't see too well what I'm shooting at......I like looking through the scope and busting stuff up at 3-500 meters and the .223 makes that possible with the little recoil it has...pull the trigger and the bullet is there.....

Piller likes the x39 rd...I do too and it makes a good all around shooting and play rd to 2-300 at max. Lots of fun blasting at stuff at short to medium ranges......cheap to shoot too....well, it use daily to be...I'm still shooting up my stash from the eighties when I paid $79 for a 600 rd sardine can. As a close range battle gun it's a toss up between the 39 and the 223. I'd probably still take the 223 due to its better penetrating abilities and lighter recoil...but that's me.

Gunny sitting around for three hours waiting for the work to arrive used to remind me of slow days down at the warehouse...yea, sitting around reading the newspapers and playing on the internet for $24 an hour was great.

Got a phone call from "the other Gunny" yesterday.....he says, "guess where I'm at?" I said, "I don't give a @". He says, I'm in Wyoming headed to the land of prostitutes...(Idaho)....he's going elk hunting....he says you know I asked you if you wanted to go which I declined.....

Well, MY president is on TV at a rally.....his "shows" are some of the best entertainment.--6
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

My first year of school was 2 semesters, fall was bench metal & machine shop. We got to do a barreled action before the other half of the class as they were in stock making and repair.
So I had my barreled action ,K98 in 338 WM I and worked my tuckus off to finish my stock. Most did not finish a stock from a blank in a semester, I finished with almost a month to spare. This allowed me to roam free while the rest were making wood chips. So I spent my stock making class time at the range shooting rocks at loooong range. From 400 out to a grand or more blasting away at big hunks of sand stone. As guys finished their rifles we put lots of ammo into the surrounding hills. Then we went to Raton to shoot real thousand yard targets. Then we got thrown off the silhouette range for having belted magnums! Wish I had a place to shoot long range here...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I can BARELY squeeze 200yd at my range. And then it's through a tunnel of trees with little light. Consequently, you (me, anyway) need a scope to see.
I use 300 as a home defense round, but keep 5.56 as an EOTW cartridge due to its popularity. The same reason I use the AR instead of the AK as the rifle of choice.
Availability.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

You guys are crazy, home defense round??? Against what. Everybody wants to be a tactical "operator". When did this begin? About the late 80s I saw a fat rolly Polly guy in complete camo in a gun shop ... a disease of the mind. Home defense ... 1911 and a 30-30. Let's get real and out of fantasy land.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Old Savage wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:27 pm You guys are crazy, home defense round??? Against what. Everybody wants to be a tactical "operator". When did this begin? About the late 80s I saw a fat rolly Polly guy in complete camo in a gun shop ... a disease of the mind. Home defense ... 1911 and a 30-30. Let's get real and out of fantasy land.
Crazy?
I agree.
But if someone said a year ago that cities would be burning and police killed while nobody did anything about it and the media and elected officials cheered it on.....
And we had government mandated and policed mask wearing.....
Well, that would have been "crazy" too.

The fact is, this country is becoming destabilized. I'm a careful guy.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Of course but ... use the most common version of ammo.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

No silly restrictions here.....Surefire 900 Lumen flashlight.....Colt AR 223 with 56 rds.....SKS with 28rds...Smith 59 with 24rds.....Smith 642 with 10 rds.......then on the other wall...1890 Winchester 15 Rds.....double barrel Lafever 2 rds with a box of 23 next to it.....now I lay me down to sleep....you get within 50' of my house, inside or out, I put you to sleep...permanently :D

That's the first room....many more before I even get to where the real guns are.

Model A Uzi’s
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Ha! A 30WCF by any other name is still a 30WCF. 300BO's only questionable advantage is that it's usually found in semi-auto package. OS is right!
When they start rioting out in my neck of the woods, I'll consider breaking out my old body armor...

On the bright side of things, I finally finished my 2019 taxes... and am getting a rebate!!! Like more than I paid in! Hurrah for the Trumpster!!!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Truth is, the 30-30 has way more power than 300BO inside 100 yards.
But when it comes to a fight, with possible multiple opponents, I will give the edge to an AR based weapon. Light mounted, red dot, more capacity with quick reloads.
May never need it. Hope I don't. But I'm not out anything by having it there.

I NEVER kept a long gun in a ready state until the last year or so. Now I have a couple with several mags apiece.
Things are changing fast. This is becoming a third world country.
There is a higher chance of rifles being involved in crime or civil unrest than in times past. Nobody loves a 94 carbine more than me, but if you try to face armed aggression in poor light from 1 or more people armed with modern semi-autos with a 30-30 and 7 rounds, you are in deep trouble.
It's not about beliefs, right or wrong, or politics. It's just survival.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Jay, I've only kept a long gun loaded since I moved to TX... the ability to waylay coyotes in the pasture was the deciding factor for that. But... for the past year or two, I've kept an AR outside the safe, and at least 2 ready mags.

Surprisingly, even the kindly old ladies that travel down our road... (REALLY LOST looking), don't seem upset by my carrying a Winchester 94 as I amble down my drive to the road... to see WTF they want... whoever they are. Not sure I'd get the same reaction carrying an AR... :P
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Tactical? All I was talking about was accuracy and how quiet my Mini-30 can be. Lower noise is easier on the hearing. I have an AR15 for range fun. As far as November, I will do what I must. Living in the Suburbs with a bunch of Conservatives, I am probably in no real danger. 7 shots out of a .30-30 with a scope with light up crosshairs would probably be able to cause some real damage if a sounder of wild pigs were to make their way into my neighborhood. I have a couple of 2,000 lumen flashlights. My Kel-Tec Sub-2K in .40 S&W with 180 grain HP rounds and the Glock Magazines it is made for would probably make a sounder of wild pigs go looking for some other place to be. There seems to be an SKS around, too. Wild pigs are a bit of an issue in Texas. I have Terriers. Wild pigs would harm them. Since I cannot convince the terriers that they are not the size of Neapolitan Mastiffs, I would try to prevent the wild pigs from getting to them.
D. Brian Casady
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Griff wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:23 am Jay, I've only kept a long gun loaded since I moved to TX... the ability to waylay coyotes in the pasture was the deciding factor for that. But... for the past year or two, I've kept an AR outside the safe, and at least 2 ready mags.

Surprisingly, even the kindly old ladies that travel down our road... (REALLY LOST looking), don't seem upset by my carrying a Winchester 94 as I amble down my drive to the road... to see WTF they want... whoever they are. Not sure I'd get the same reaction carrying an AR... :P
Absolutely Griff.
I too, keep a 94 carbine in a scabbard in the truck and Jeep. Much the reasons. I will say, ARs are getting more commonplace though. They were so cheap for the last couple years that it made sense.
I do prefer 30-30 in the boonies, as we have some good sized critters. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Let's just say we agree to disagree. Personally that big .729 hole at the end of a shotgun ( not to mention the sound of a shotgun being cycled) tends to give pause to those on the downstream side. Sure a rifle is better at over 50 yds but inside that range ya can just about point & problem solved. You have to be able to adapt, open space in TX- of course a rifle with legs gets the nod, backwoods of ME a midrange rifle is ideal. All the same purpose just different tools.

Still raining here, 50F and rain isn't fun working outside, not looking forward to vinyl siding today...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Think outside of the box........it's not other citizens/burglars/rioters I concern myself with.........heck, for that a 9mm with a few extra mags would do........

When "they" come, you are not going to know. Nobody is taking nothing I've given sweat for...my mother grew up in Nazi Germany and don't think it can't happen here.....

As my good friend lifer Marine DI Gunny Lemke says, "its better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it".

As I said in a previous post he is now in Idaho......I asked him what guns he has..."7mag., 6.5 Creedmore, 444 Marlin and several 10mm handguns".............I said, "you got an AR don't you?"......The usual laugh was his reply, "come on Jack, you know I don't go anywhere without a shorty AR and a 1,000 rds of green tip"-------006
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Considering the things which have made News recently, and the strong potential for such behavior to spread, it really seems reasonable to carry something with yourself at all times. I am not suggesting that we think we are tactical operators operating tactically. I am thinking more along the lines of the fact that I am out of shape and have health issues, that I would be an idiot to consider fighting fair if attacked. If you can keep the means on or near you for defending yourself from the current troubles, then why not? No need to advertise it. Porcupines don't go around with their quills raised all the time, skunks don't go around with their tails raised, and rattlesnakes are not always coiled up with their fangs bared. Probably the best defense rattlesnakes have is that they blend in and are willing to move out of the way most of the time.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well said Piller......I slightly disagree with you on "advertising"....I'm not a bad A by any definition but can hold my own....as it's a well known fact I don't like most people I figure the best way to keep people away from me is to project a "look". The ones who are out looking to do harm usually have IQ's of a telephone pole and look for weak, old, fat,vulnerable people that present an easy mark.

I've seen it many times.....my wife has that vulnerable look and many times we have been places and while she may be in one part of the store and I'll be in another I'll look over and see individuals eyeing her up...she can't walk very well and needs help .....just last week a couple of "you know who's" were hanging near her and her 17 lb pocketbook but beat it when I walked over and stared em down.....I hate em...the majority of the young ones with the "gangsta look". As Joe Biden said, "subhuman super predators".

Some of the first things I do in the morning is let the dogs out, turn on the coffee machine, and bless the Good Lord for my surroundings, health and giving me the intelligence to raise my family far away from "them"----006
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

You darn Colonials have always been too tactical, you even put rifling in your barrels so you could shoot the Kings Redcoats at long range...... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

gamekeeper wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:53 pm You darn Colonials have always been too tactical, you even put rifling in your barrels so you could shoot the Kings Redcoats at long range...... :lol:
This guy is the best........you da man Gamekeeper! ***28***

Yes....well known fact our 3 percenters used rifling...and.....gorilla tactics.......I live near dead center of the Battle of the Brandywine and as im cruising around I look at some of the stone houses from that time frame and wonder to myself on how they thought and felt....ya know, supposedly only 3% of the population supported the revolution...must have been hell between neighbors...

And another thing...YOUR pals should have held onto their guns a bit better.....when I was a youngster and beginning my collecting days I would see your countries Brown Bess muskets at local auctions. Those things came out of the woodwork when the prices started to rise.....I do remember a decent example sold for $400 in the early seventies, near a months wages at the time.

Oh!...another fact....you left some dead people here too....about 2 miles down the road is the famous Lafayette cemetery and there's graves of soldiers there with English sounding names like "Gamekeeper" and "Nath". :D

Very interesting reading.... http://blcemetery.com/history.htm
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thanks for the link Six, looks like a nice piece of turf to lie under.. :wink: I have just this minute ordered a book " American Colonies" by Alan Taylor. I have always been interested in the history of the early settlers and have recently been watching videos by Green Mountain Metal Detectors from Vermont, they find some fascinating artifacts from the 1700s..
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I do not mean that we should not be able to let trouble know that we should be left alone. Porcupines may keep their quills down most of the time, but it only takes 1 encounter for anyone to learn to back away. I know of only 1 of the 4 legged critters which can eat a porcupine. Everything else gets 1 encounter and learns to back away if they live. Those sub humans can be taught the same way. Just because the quills are down is not a sign that they are peaceful.
D. Brian Casady
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I have alternated between a customized Marlin shorty in 35 Remington and a Marlin 1894 in 44 mag as my truck gun for a number of years. That is until 3 months ago! Now my AR with 2 30 rounder in it and two more attached to it rides on the backseat. I ain’t scared just cautious. Until this CRPA started I never felt under gunned with a 1894 in 357 or 44 probably plenty of gun buuuut better to be over prepared than under.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

120 rounds. That is probably enough to get you out of trouble if it starts. I hope you don't need it, but my intuition says that November 4th is going to be a mess.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I'm with ya piller, I have a real bad feeling about how the left is going to act!

Well bad news yesterday. The neighbor widow I help out has taken a turn for the worse. This poor woman has literally spent the past 2 years in & out of the hospital and rehab's. Her kids live in Las Vegas and Scranton. They are here now to stay during the home hospice.

Well , coffee time.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I think you are all prepared.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

And Gunny, what do you mean by pack the court?

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Pillar, without bullets...guns are just big expensive sticks. I pray I don’t EVER need it but I keep a spare tire in every vehicle too, Just in case.
My wife, who was a cop for 20 years was saying something years and years ago about how many different guns I had and why did I need all of them? I walked her out to the garage and opened the drawer with my hammers in it.(itty bitty tack hammers to a couple blacksmith hammers that weight 2 and half pounds and about 15 total) And said simply depends on what you’re trying to hit with them. She actually got it.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well Ford, if guns are dangerous you are doing a public service to keep them locked away.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

With constitutional justices that will interpret the law, NOT use their feelings!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Good thing I have a jumbo mailbox- box inside from Maine!! Thank you Jay!! Now I gotta make waffles!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Pack the court is a phrase being used for adding to the number of justices to change the balance.

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Just got off of a video Doctor Visit. I understand the reason. Safety for all. I don't have to completely agree with it, but there is not much I can do. I will vote for the candidate who seems to take jobs and the economy seriously. That should help.

I didn't mean that 120 rounds is enough for much except getting you out of trouble in a bad part of town. Heck, I cannot believe that any of us have never shot that many at a range in an afternoon. One time with my 30-06 I spent a whole day at the range and fired 15 rounds each of 3 different bullets with 165 and 180 grain weights with 3 different powders and 3 different charge weights with 1 grain difference in between. That took all day, but my Rem 700 told me that it liked 180 grain Barnes TTS with a max load of H4350. Those gave some nice groups. The 180 grain Nosler Partition with H414 and 1 grain off of max was close. Scirocco and a couple of others were only 2 inches at 100 yards. Good enough, but not where I wanted. The Barnes were about 1/2 inch at 100 yards. I still have 500 each of the Barnes and Nosler loads. If it is worth using a 30-06 on, it is worth making sure it knows it has been hit hard.
D. Brian Casady
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Yes, my shoulder was bruised after that. It was worth it.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes NOW the left is using the term but just after RBG passed it was our side using that term. That being said I do believe we have a very good chance that we will have a constitutional justice appointed. Just to prevent anyone from thinking I'm left I will change my signature.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I am praying that Amy Barret gets put on the court AND that she remains a Constitutionalist. She can be the difference. Then, with President Trump getting Re-Elected we might have a few good years coming up.
D. Brian Casady
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah. Give us a couple years to stock up on freeze dried food and other essentials before the final implosion.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yes Fred.......I too was a bit concerned with Gunny's signature line......I take it as adding SCOTUS justices! Well, he is from Jersey. :D I knew he didn't mean that ...maybe a different interpretation which he did explain.....

120 rds at the range in a day? For real, I never shoot less than 200, usually 3-400. I take 3 or 4 rifles along with at least two handguns.....when The other Gunny and I would meet at the gunclub he would bring no less than 8-12 rifles and 5-8 handguns. He wouldn't shoot them all...I think he just liked being around a mess of guns and ammo.

Well, I got tired of having a couple of boxes full of loose bits for my Dremel tools. Today I took a piece of rock maple and drilled 189 1/8" holes in it.......I only have a few extra holes that are not used.

That woman from Hawaii needs to take a long walk on a short plank.---006

I've since filled up most of the empty spots.

I have 4 dremel tools but I like this one the best....$39.99 Harbor Freight grinder with dremel.....goes from 0-10,000 rpm's.

Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

For you smart people...I have a hearing on Friday concerning the new assessment on my back two acres. The county is saying it's a buildable lot worth $200 big ones and I'm saying it's not buildable as it's in the flood plain and I only have to dig down a foot or two before I hit water. I had to do this 20 years ago and I won...easily.

Well, the county had a reassessment this year and everyone who has more than two acres has been hit with additional taxes.....this means another $2,000 for me......I'm not concerned at all as it's even in the county blueprints....they just make you prove it with pictures....blah...blah....

Anyway, my question is the time.....it says "1512"....does that mean 3:12 p.m?----006. It just seems like a weird time..like 12 minutes after?

Model A Uzi’s
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Yes, 1512 is the same as 3:12pm. They're probably on break from 1457! :P :P
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thank Griffy pooh.......how's the tractor coming along?
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

12 minutes after 3 pm? I would be there 30 minutes early just to avoid them locking people out.
D. Brian Casady